Author Topic: Someone explain to me: The BattleForce expansion set  (Read 2025 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Someone explain to me: The BattleForce expansion set
« on: 22 October 2012, 12:41:24 »
So, I was looking at merc units on Warrenborn.com because I like to use the different factions and the units they have available as a guage for what they would mostly have on hand.

I noticed that in the BattleForce set they introduced new colors that didn't match the Wolf's Dragoons, Ronin, Hannson's Roughriders, Eridani Light Horse and 21st Centauri Lancer colors that came with mercs of earlier sets.

I'd really like to know what the BattleForce set is about, and what merc groups, if any, they released in it. Thanks.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
Re: Someone explain to me: The BattleForce expansion set
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2012, 15:24:18 »
Well, it's a catch-all set that didn't fit any other expansion set.  Most were sold separately as Faction specials, some given out as promotion or Prize pieces.  A few were sold by Gale Force Nine with some nice terrain. 

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2012, 16:25:51 »
The Battleforce "expansion" started as the faction sets (Falcon, Republic, Davion) and then started including independant units as prizes. The Dragoon sets were released and independant prizes kept coming. Most of the independants were actually mercs that weren't otherwise in the game. Avanti's Angels, Snords, etc. I think we had a thread on the new forums matching names to units.

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2012, 02:51:02 »
I could be wrong..... and I'm sure some one will let me know if I am.....
Solaris VII was also in need of "Stable Mercs" . Perhaps some were made to help out the non House affiliation of Mech prize fighters ??
 :D :D
Looking for Mechwarrior Clix games in So. Cal.

Register