Author Topic: Fighting Piranha Graphics  (Read 3882 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Fighting Piranha Graphics
« on: 12 October 2016, 11:18:22 »
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows if Fighting Piranha is still selling BT decals? Checked out the site and doesn't look like it's been updated in quite awhile. And since no one seems to link to them anymore (neither CamoSpec or IWM seem to), are they even still licensed to sell BT decals?

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

sadlerbw

• Captain
Re: Fighting Piranha Graphics
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2016, 13:40:48 »
Yep, it is still alive. I actually met the guy who does them at GenCon this summer as I was rummaging through the boxes of decals they have in the IWM booth. Seemed like a nice guy and offered to help me find what I was looking for. I mentioned that the payment options were a little 'scary' to someone out on the internet just looking at this page. He understood and mentioned that he would like to do something better, but this isn't exactly his day job!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2016, 21:19:44 »

If you click on the names on the top (like inner sphere or clan) they will take you to a page with a list of units, then click on that to see the insignia
« Last Edit: 12 October 2016, 21:29:53 by Luciora »

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2016, 22:04:02 »
Yup, we're still here.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

wiski

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2016, 08:01:38 »
And just because I'm still very happy with the custom decals they made for me last year, some low quality shots of them.

Nastyogre

• Warrant Officer
  • Sons of the Suns, Defend your homes!
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2016, 12:58:56 »
What did the custom decals cost? I've been interested myself and I'm not too up on trying to print my own. I have terrible luck trying that sort of route with things.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2016, 09:21:10 »
Glad to hear it!
Guess I'm going to have an order soon then. ;D

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #7 on: 20 October 2016, 09:49:59 »
And just because I'm still very happy with the custom decals they made for me last year, some low quality shots of them.
O0
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Minnow

• Agent #618 of the Line
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
    • Wolf's Dragoons
« Reply #8 on: 20 October 2016, 14:22:42 »
I have had some custom decals done too and couldn't have been happier with the results.
~ Minnow  CDT #618

Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into the darkness. -- Natasha Kerensky

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #9 on: 20 October 2016, 15:19:14 »
Custom Decals you say? What's the cost on those...roughly.

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

KhanPhelanWard

• Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 20 October 2016, 16:00:47 »
I have had some custom decals done too and couldn't have been happier with the results.

Same with me.
Don't miss out on my Camospecs miniatures on ebay:

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 21 October 2016, 09:52:55 »
This information is over 4 years old and should only be used as a reference, NOT as a pricing sheet.

I had some done in 2012 and this is sort of the way it went.

Since I had the artwork, it was a matter of getting Adrian Gideon to set-up the sheets, which cost $15 per sheet. If he had to tweak the artwork at all, it would have cost another $10 per sheet. His preference at the time was for any art submitted to be in .eps (Encapsulated Postscript Vector graphics (Adobe Illustrator)) file format. Also because I already had the artwork we never talked about custom art prices, which would of course have been extra.

Note: the price to set the artwork up is just that. It does not include any actual decals. But once you pay for set-up (which I'm pretty sure is a one time cost), you pay the same price for your custom decals as you do for the ones they have listed online. I also want to say that Piranha (who makes the actual decal) saves your decal file in case you want more later on, making re-orders easier.

Things change, so I have no idea whether any of this is still the case or not, but it is how it went in 2012. I do know that since then decals took a small increase in price, so Adrian Gideon's prices may have too... Bottom line though, they were great to work with and the decals are certainly worth it.

Caz

Nastyogre

• Warrant Officer
  • Sons of the Suns, Defend your homes!
« Reply #12 on: 21 October 2016, 10:58:28 »
Yup, we're still here.

Do you all have the rights to do other Battletech units you haven't made decals for or do you have to get permission for each new emblem.

Example: I'd like the Marian Hegemony Cohors Morturi. There is only the generic Marian decal. Could I order the Morturi?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #13 on: 21 October 2016, 15:58:28 »
This information is over 4 years old and should only be used as a reference, NOT as a pricing sheet.

Yep, no worries, I am never one to hold that sort of info. Even if your cost is 4+ years old,  it gives me a prince point reference to work from.

I can do Laser Decals at home, but lets be honest, the inkjet produced ones are nicer....a lot nicer.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Register