Author Topic: Unified Doctor Who thread  (Read 147494 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Unified Doctor Who thread
« Reply #360 on: 27 December 2013, 17:57:16 »
And who knows, there could still be some of that energy left clinging on in there too.  Would explain why it has a tendency to be more destructive then his previous regenerations as well.

GreenDragon

• Major
  • I'll Have my Roast Beef Shaved not Sliced.
« Reply #361 on: 27 December 2013, 18:12:52 »
Blame it on Highlander.
Davion, we're just better than you. - 97Jedi
Its like Doomsday and the Apocalypse had a baby.  And its ugly. - Calhoun

Userbars by Notsonoble and xtrahmxwohld.
Live Long and Prosper

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #362 on: 27 December 2013, 22:20:06 »
Only reason why i suggested Romana was because Tasha mentioned she died several times in that room. SEVEN TIMES and not many beings can retain their physical appearance. She like looking like a humanish person and really like the Doctor.  Romana was a timelord her fate wasn't quite made clear.  Anyways, gives the writers something to play with and you don't having worry about the actress getting too old for the part. River stuck with her own form because she died with that face but younger.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #363 on: 27 December 2013, 22:20:55 »
Not only is this a brilliant mash-up of the "Doctor Who" and "Batman" character mythologies... but it also serves as something of a fitting epilogue of sorts for DC's Final Crisis.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #364 on: 27 December 2013, 22:21:07 »
"Several" does not mean "seven" it's roughly synonymous with "a few" and I'd put the upper cap at four.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #365 on: 27 December 2013, 23:17:08 »
For all we know, theDaleks killed her, brought her back, tortured her to death for information, brought her back, tortured her to death again...I took it to mean the Daleks were simply that brutal with Tasha than anything that she could do on her own.  You'll note she didn't realize her repeat deaths until she thought about the Dalek intrusion into the room; she was blocking it out for some reason.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #366 on: 27 December 2013, 23:17:41 »
Tasha Lem can NOT be Romana.  Romana was a Time Lord.  (President even between the Doctor and Rassilon).  And all the Time Lords are gone.  The Doctor is the only one left.

And no.  Jenny does not count.  She is Gallifreyan, but she is not a Time Lord

Live Long and Prosper

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #367 on: 27 December 2013, 23:28:08 »
Not only is this a brilliant mash-up of the "Doctor Who" and "Batman" character mythologies... but it also serves as something of a fitting epilogue of sorts for DC's Final Crisis.

That makes entirely too much sense...

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #368 on: 27 December 2013, 23:43:15 »
For all we know, theDaleks killed her, brought her back, tortured her to death for information, brought her back, tortured her to death again...I took it to mean the Daleks were simply that brutal with Tasha than anything that she could do on her own.  You'll note she didn't realize her repeat deaths until she thought about the Dalek intrusion into the room; she was blocking it out for some reason.

That's what I took it to mean.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #369 on: 28 December 2013, 00:05:08 »

My memories of that scene are fading fast... but didn't Lem [or even the Doctor for that matter] allude to that anyway?
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #370 on: 28 December 2013, 05:40:35 »
That's how I took it as well.

Live Long and Prosper

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #371 on: 28 December 2013, 09:05:28 »
Tasha Lem can NOT be Romana.  Romana was a Time Lord.  (President even between the Doctor and Rassilon).  And all the Time Lords are gone.  The Doctor is the only one left.

And no.  Jenny does not count.  She is Gallifreyan, but she is not a Time Lord

I don't remember who Jenny was.  Was she the clone/daughter of the Doctor or her 1st Doctor's granddaughter who is missing/not accounted for.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #372 on: 28 December 2013, 09:49:54 »
Jenny is the Clone/Daughter.

ColonelCody

• Lieutenant
  • "What We Have Here, Is Failure To Communicate"
« Reply #373 on: 28 December 2013, 10:51:18 »
I don't remember who Jenny was.  Was she the clone/daughter of the Doctor or her 1st Doctor's granddaughter who is missing/not accounted for.
Susan is the granddaughter from 1st Doctor.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #374 on: 28 December 2013, 11:59:30 »
I've been waiting to see what they'll do with Jenny. She is, after all , another time lord.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #375 on: 28 December 2013, 12:24:02 »
I've been waiting to see what they'll do with Jenny. She is, after all , another time lord.

Is she even acting anymore? I thought I had read she has quit for awhile.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #376 on: 28 December 2013, 17:04:14 »
Is she even acting anymore? I thought I had read she has quit for awhile.

She is making small people with David Tennant - I think there is a real Doctor's granddaughter but probably not called Susan
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

ColonelCody

• Lieutenant
« Reply #377 on: 28 December 2013, 17:43:57 »

She is making small people with David Tennant - I think there is a real Doctor's granddaughter but probably not called Susan

The Doctor is a mysterious character and little is known about him except that he has a granddaughter, Susan Foreman, and that they come from another time and place. He has a ship that travels through time and space, the TARDIS, which is currently disguised as a police box (Susan notes that it used to be able to change to blend in with its surroundings), and is bigger on the inside. The Doctor describes himself and Susan as "exiles" without specifying why or even whether their exile is self-imposed. It would not be until the last adventure of the Doctor's second incarnation that the name of the Doctor's people (the Time Lords) would be revealed, and the third incarnation before the name of his home planet (Gallifrey) was first spoken.

From the 1st Doctor's Wiki entry.

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #378 on: 28 December 2013, 18:13:53 »
Actually, that is exactly the opposite of my point.  She is not a Time Lord.  She is Gallifreyan, but she is not a Time Lord.  Not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords.

Live Long and Prosper

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #379 on: 28 December 2013, 18:16:15 »
The Doctor is a mysterious character and little is known about him except that he has a granddaughter, Susan Foreman, and that they come from another time and place. He has a ship that travels through time and space, the TARDIS, which is currently disguised as a police box (Susan notes that it used to be able to change to blend in with its surroundings), and is bigger on the inside. The Doctor describes himself and Susan as "exiles" without specifying why or even whether their exile is self-imposed. It would not be until the last adventure of the Doctor's second incarnation that the name of the Doctor's people (the Time Lords) would be revealed, and the third incarnation before the name of his home planet (Gallifrey) was first spoken.

From the 1st Doctor's Wiki entry.

Um...he's referencing the fact that the woman who played Jenny (Georgia Moffett) is married to David Tennant. (And interestingly she's the daughter of Peter Moffett, better known as Peter Davison: who played the 5th Doctor.)

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #380 on: 28 December 2013, 18:17:32 »
She had their second within about the last year (her third)
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #381 on: 28 December 2013, 18:18:19 »
Actually, that is exactly the opposite of my point.  She is not a Time Lord.  She is Gallifreyan, but she is not a Time Lord.  Not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords.

We actually don't know she isn't. The difference has never been explained. Is it simply that the Time Lords are Gallifreyan noblility? If so then she is a Time Lady (being the Doctor's daughter). Or is there more too it than that?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #382 on: 28 December 2013, 18:55:35 »
It was stated in the episode where she was created that she could not regenerate and as such I think that may be the important distinction between regular Gallifreyan and Time Lord.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #383 on: 28 December 2013, 19:09:01 »
It was stated in the episode where she was created that she could not regenerate and as such I think that may be the important distinction between regular Gallifreyan and Time Lord.

Except she did. Or enough to heal herself. The Doctor said that yes, but what if he had stuck around and saw her come back? What would he have said?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #384 on: 28 December 2013, 19:13:02 »
"That's impossible."

You know, kinda like he does every other time something happens. ;)
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #385 on: 28 December 2013, 19:40:26 »
Except it clearly wasn't a Time Lord regeneration that brought her back.

Doctor Who has established that there is more then one way to cheat death.

ColonelCody

• Lieutenant
« Reply #386 on: 29 December 2013, 04:27:19 »
Except it clearly wasn't a Time Lord regeneration that brought her back.

Doctor Who has established that there is more then one way to cheat death.
What is 'Clearly' a Time Lord Regeneration? Because we know that it does not have to be  a nuclear reactor level high energy event when it happens, indeed I'd be surprised to find out that it was the norm, not the odd-ball. I think those high-energy reactions come for someone like the Doctor who were in special circumstances. Most Gallifreyans were probably much less...showy...

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #387 on: 29 December 2013, 04:38:07 »
She has not undergone the training.  She didn't look into the Vortex - as the Master did when he first heard the Drums - she has not been granted the title.  Nor did she, at the time we last saw her, have any access to time travel.  Certainly, she does not have access to Gallifrey, or any of the resources thereof.
Ergo, she is not a Time Lord.  The Doctor remains alone in that regard.

Live Long and Prosper

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #388 on: 29 December 2013, 09:30:30 »
What is 'Clearly' a Time Lord Regeneration? Because we know that it does not have to be  a nuclear reactor level high energy event when it happens, indeed I'd be surprised to find out that it was the norm, not the odd-ball. I think those high-energy reactions come for someone like the Doctor who were in special circumstances. Most Gallifreyans were probably much less...showy...

Changing physical appearance is mandatory unless there is an available receptacle to absorb excess regeneration energy like the Doctor's severed hand when the tenth regenerated but didn't change.  There was no available receptacle for Jenny to dump any excess off into.

Plus as noted she had never been exposed to the time vortex and being a Time Lord and having their particular method of cheating death is a matter of being exposed to the time vortex and not genetics.

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
  • Bayonets foreward Boys...CHARGE!!!!!!
« Reply #389 on: 29 December 2013, 21:18:12 »
Side question  did they ever explain how Romana escaped from E-Space?