Author Topic: Gray Death Legion Wrap-Up?  (Read 18596 times)

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
Re: Gray Death Legion Wrap-Up?
« Reply #30 on: 29 May 2019, 18:03:42 »
i've always been a fan of the GDL, but i would've been totally fine with the legion going out with a wimper instead of a bang- the draw was always Greyson and pals and they were getting on in life after all. the ending left sort of a bad taste in my mouth.

that said, i can see why bringing them back as a mercenary command is a poor idea- simply put, they pulled too many shenanigans to just hand them a new "get stuck in crazy crap" card. maybe they could have stuck around as a local military force that's mentioned from time to time but if they're that determined to not let the shenanigans back out of the bottle when i can just wait around forever.

the GDL was a merc company with a heart- and those aren't looked on kindly.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: Gray Death Legion Wrap-Up?
« Reply #31 on: 03 June 2019, 20:50:13 »
honestly if we have a GDL redux series, i'd put it during the Black out. you could have Alex's kid or grandkid* starting up a unit during the chaos that is the blackout and resulting conflicts. perhaps with a name that homages the GDL without being just the GDL take II. (perhaps the kid grew up with tales of his grandfather Greyson?) the low intensity conflicts early in the blackout would be a perfect place to use some of the tropes from the early GDL books in new ways, and then once the unit is larger and more established, you can toss them into the mess that is the Wolf Relocation and Falcon Desant.

*the ambiguity over Alex's fate works well here.. could even be left unanswered. even if he died on tharkad in the early jihad, there was enough time for him to have had a kid before then. and he might well have been offworld when that happened.
« Last Edit: 03 June 2019, 21:05:55 by glitterboy2098 »