Author Topic: fafnir arms like in mw4  (Read 2430 times)

whiteshadowzo

• Master Sergeant
  • I was raised by a cup of coffee
fafnir arms like in mw4
« on: 31 August 2012, 23:55:05 »
Thinking about getting a fafnir in my next order. I don't like the arms all too much, yes i know that's how the tro art is. Any suggestions for arms from the scrapyard to make it more visually resemble the faf from mw4?
it's a bit comforting knowing that to fire we're a same color- flammable. ~Orin J.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: fafnir arms like in mw4
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2012, 01:45:25 »
Blood Asp arms might do nicely. Remove the laser barrels, and add the front 2/3 of the Blood Asp arm in its place. Bend the arm plates at the top over by hand.

Or, carve them yourself!

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

whiteshadowzo

• Master Sergeant
  • I was raised by a cup of coffee
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2012, 19:31:13 »
That is some fantastic conversion work. Might have to check out those asp arms
it's a bit comforting knowing that to fire we're a same color- flammable. ~Orin J.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2012, 23:34:33 »
That really is good work- the cockpit change is very well done as well. It never ceases to amaze me how you come up with this stuff.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+