Author Topic: how would one go about reporting sites which are infringing BT's IP?  (Read 11980 times)

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: how would one go about reporting sites which are infringing BT's IP?
« Reply #30 on: 05 October 2018, 13:06:43 »
does IWM have official licensing? or is this some remanant of an old Ral partha thing? this just popped up on FB in a painting group:

(not going to share the name of the poster in public)
"Old ones I know but my first BattleTech Miniatures arrived today! Let the painting begin!"

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #31 on: 05 October 2018, 19:31:47 »
Those are old packages. Probably over 30 years old during the Ral Partha days.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #32 on: 05 October 2018, 21:32:09 »
Those are old packages. Probably over 30 years old during the Ral Partha days.

Man...I don't even remember those, and I'm well older than 30! LOL
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

RABIDFOX50

• Warrant Officer
  • 1507 Strike RCT
« Reply #33 on: 06 October 2018, 15:41:53 »
We see this often in the firearms industry. High quality gun accessories like LaRue, Magpul and Daniel Defense being copied by Chinese makers. Stuff is cheap and in some cases dangerous to use. I’ve had a few Deputies show up to training with crap Chinese knockoff parts on their patrol rifles and made them remove the parts. As to miniatures, God only knows if the metals and plastics those knockoffs are made from aren’t toxic.
Battletech collector/player since 1987
Toss a coin to your Witcher, oh valley of plenty!
Listen! Do you smell that?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #34 on: 06 October 2018, 19:27:13 »
does IWM have official licensing? or is this some remanant of an old Ral partha thing? this just popped up on FB in a painting group:

(not going to share the name of the poster in public)

Cache is correct, they are old and from the Ral Partha days. Most likely from back in the day when Ral Partha licensed manufacturing to other companies in other countries. Just look at the orange packaged one, it even says that.

DEZOAT

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 17 November 2018, 05:01:45 »
 :o WOW!! Those are some old minis. Pre Ral Partha Europe they are not knock off. Mlnifigs I think is a UK company that became Ral Partha Europe , I' am not 100% sure on that. Man I' m getting old. Later

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
That one is more of a grey area I think.  While the stuff in the first post is clearly a direct ripoff, the Stratominis stuff isn't.

For example, compare the macross mechs to the new classics and there's clearly similarities there, but not enough for HG to shut them down.  Kinda the same thing with Stratominis' stuff.  Yeah, the mech has the same type of armament as a Warhammer, but it's hardly the only mech in any universe with two gun arms and a missile box on its shoulder.

And you do know that krieg means war in German right and it's called the kriegshammer. But he was given permission to to build it by the guy who actually designed it who does work for CGL

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Register