Author Topic: The jaguars heart and swords and you!  (Read 10193 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
The jaguars heart and swords and you!
« on: 25 July 2020, 16:14:36 »
One of my fav units ever is the jaguars heart which was a collection of semi retired elite or veteran warriors who answered khan osis call to defend huntress.

My question is for the clans you play what would you omega unit be called? What color scheme would they have?

In a similar vein they apparently had a whole spec ops cluster called the Jaguar swords so similar question: what would your spec ops unit be called and what would the paint scheme be?
« Last Edit: 26 December 2022, 18:17:38 by Sjhernan3060 »

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Re: The jaguars heart and you!
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2020, 21:24:22 »
The Golden Fox cluster, Clan Sea Fox's omega unit. 

Clad in green, steel blue and gold trim.  They defend the Khan, but they are only unleashed during times of the most dire crisis.  These merchant-warriors can also offer fantastic deals in exchange for modest resource gain, and the use of smallish island continents as warehousing areas.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2020, 21:54:36 »

Clad in green, steel blue and gold trim.  They defend the Khan, but they are only unleashed during times of the most dire crisis.  These merchant-warriors can also offer fantastic deals in exchange for modest resource gain, and the use of smallish island continents as warehousing areas.

See the fox sharks like the cobras I think could easily pull together a crack “ old timer “ unit of 40 somethings

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2020, 21:26:20 »
For Clan Hell's Horses: the Quixote Keshik. They would have crimson and black as their primary colors, with silver trim.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2020, 21:41:53 »
For Clan Hell's Horses: the Quixote Keshik. They would have crimson and black as their primary colors, with silver trim.

So many great names we could have for the horses! The “ pale riders” the  “ old grey mares”

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2020, 21:51:35 »
Hadhramaut - Arabic for "Death Rides With Him".  Its also the name for the ancient southern Arabian peninsula and a nation that existed there (they were myrrh tree traders) as far back as 3,000BC.
« Last Edit: 28 July 2020, 21:41:19 by rebs »

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2020, 03:19:21 »
Hadramat - Arabic for "Death Rides With Him".  Its also the name for the ancient southern Arabian peninsula and a nation that existed there (they were myrrh tree traders) as far back as 3,000BC.

That is insanely cool, do you mind if I steal that for future Horse usage?

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2020, 04:40:20 »

Love this.

One of my fav units ever is the jaguars heart which was a collection of semi retired elite or veteran warriors who answered khan osis call to defend huntress.

My question is for the clans you play what would you omega unit be called? What color scheme would they have?

Were I to run a Wolf unit like this, I’d name them something like The Long Fangs.

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2020, 04:51:00 »
X
« Last Edit: 18 September 2020, 21:18:16 by Major Headcase »

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2020, 12:50:19 »
That is insanely cool, do you mind if I steal that for future Horse usage?

I don't mind it at all.  It's historical, I don't own it. 

Edit...  And I butchered the spelling last night, its actually Hadhramaut.
« Last Edit: 28 July 2020, 14:34:01 by rebs »

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 04 August 2020, 11:24:45 »
I have searched my source books but I cannot find a paint scheme for the jags heart. What do you think it might have been?

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 04 August 2020, 11:34:31 »
Love this.

Were I to run a Wolf unit like this, I’d name them something like The Long Fangs.

War of Reavings gave the Wolves a couple of "Omega" units. Omicron Galaxy covered the withdrawal from the Homeworlds and the clusters raised on Tranquil bloodied those who came to see the Wolves off.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2020, 08:16:52 »
For the jaguar hearts paint scheme I was thinking to mimic the MCU golden jaguar character. Too guady?

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2020, 17:03:47 »
I have searched my source books but I cannot find a paint scheme for the jags heart. What do you think it might have been?

Since it was an Ad Hoc unit, it probably didn't have one. Lot's of scheme's from various different units and storage they pulled their gear from.
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 18 August 2020, 21:38:39 »
Since it was an Ad Hoc unit, it probably didn't have one. Lot's of scheme's from various different units and storage they pulled their gear from.

Hmmm I can see that. With the short turnaround to get them from strana mechty ( I assume) to huntress they would have likely had time for a quick logo slapped on jungle camo?

Did the jags use camo at all?

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
« Reply #15 on: 19 August 2020, 14:18:53 »
Hmmm I can see that. With the short turnaround to get them from strana mechty ( I assume) to huntress they would have likely had time for a quick logo slapped on jungle camo?

Did the jags use camo at all?

While it's stated that most IS units only use parade colors while during inspection/parade duty and stick to camo during ops, I don't think anything is really said about it and frankly it would go against Zellbrigen in my eyes.
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 31 March 2021, 15:45:19 »

If you have not gotten it already the diamond shark short story on the tukkayid when the free born troops switch to “ feeding frenzy” mode it’s really something....

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 31 March 2021, 15:47:32 »

Their gear was likely taken from strana mechty store houses and then had the short hop to huntress to prep. My friend suggested the standard grey with spots and with a jade highlight. Thoughts?

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
« Reply #18 on: 02 April 2021, 13:07:07 »
Their gear was likely taken from strana mechty store houses and then had the short hop to huntress to prep. My friend suggested the standard grey with spots and with a jade highlight. Thoughts?

I would go with Navy Blue/Gold highlights to match the Clan Insignia. Maybe throw on a gold heart for uniqueness.
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 02 April 2021, 20:49:43 »
I would go with Navy Blue/Gold highlights to match the Clan Insignia. Maybe throw on a gold heart for uniqueness.

Heart of gold eh? Not bad!

The jags den ( ilkhan osis personal guard) had gold trim so the navy blue might be a nice contrast

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 19 October 2021, 12:57:12 »

But before a Mech is placed into storage wouldn’t it’s previous unit markings be scrubbed?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: 08 August 2022, 12:14:11 »

Hmmm how about a bronze rather than a gold highlight?

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #22 on: 08 August 2022, 12:27:39 »

The Solahma of Clan... oh wait, that already exists.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 18 August 2022, 10:05:18 »
This sparks another question if the jags survived then the Jaguar heart vets I would assume would be shoe ins for the open blood name spots. Do we have any cannon examples of the oldest warrior who won a blood name?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 18 October 2022, 17:12:16 »
This sparks another question if the jags survived then the Jaguar heart vets I would assume would be shoe ins for the open blood name spots. Do we have any cannon examples of the oldest warrior who won a blood name?

Adding to this after taking heavy losses would clans modify their blood tight trials to decrease the casualty rates amongst contenders?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 08 December 2022, 18:10:21 »

Would we think the strana mechty store houses would have top quality pristine mechs?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: 26 December 2022, 18:20:01 »
But before a Mech is placed into storage wouldn’t it’s previous unit markings be scrubbed?

Do we have any canon examples of what the process would be to store a unit? Is it scrubbed of all paint and markings?

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
Re: The jaguars heart and swords and you!
« Reply #27 on: 26 December 2022, 21:28:15 »
Removing paint would be a bad idea. Paint is a form of surface protection against rust. When I helped store some old army machines, we removed any sensitive items (classified materials/special equipment, etc.,) that were still attached and drained it of fluids. I suspect the same kind of thing would be done to a 'mech.

Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #28 on: 26 December 2022, 22:52:42 »
Yeah, but there's canon stories about hopping in a centuries-stored 'Mech, starting it up, and walking right out of the hangar.  Ragnarok-proofing is a thing in this universe.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 27 December 2022, 08:03:33 »
Removing paint would be a bad idea. Paint is a form of surface protection against rust. When I helped store some old army machines, we removed any sensitive items (classified materials/special equipment, etc.,) that were still attached and drained it of fluids. I suspect the same kind of thing would be done to a 'mech.

Thanks that’s very helpful! With as warlike as they are I can imagine mechs sit on the shelf for very long

Register