Author Topic: GenCon 2023 Diorama Discussion  (Read 6196 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
GenCon 2023 Diorama Discussion
« on: 07 August 2023, 11:44:41 »
I cannot link the pictures at this time BUT . . .

We had representatives of the Wolves, Jaguars, Falcons and Snow Raven ground forces fighting a Capellan force.  I do not remember the Capellans, but I think a regular CCAF force and House Hiritsu.  It was described as a Clan coalition (huh, that is another word for League . . . ) battling Capellans on . . . I forget, but a old Chaos March world that the Capellans had taken back from the Republic.

I know I saw for the Wolves the tiger stripe paint scheme, which IIRC is a Gamma? scheme.  I know I saw the Crucible and a Timber Wolf in that scheme.  The Jaguars had a star of a Dire Wolf, Cauldron Born, Mist Lynx and 2 others- not sure if they got Elementals.  Not sure what Falcon or Raven formation or mechs were involved
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
Re: GenCon 2023 Diorama Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2023, 12:05:50 »
Tau Ceti IV
December 3151

The ilClan and its allies, Clan Jade Falcon, Snow Raven, and Smoke Jaguar land on New Earth, only to meet layers of resistance from the Capella Confederations Warrior House Hiritsu.  The fighting on the city outskirts quickly degenerates into a chaotic fur ball.

Caption posted to my discord.  Looks like the NuJags and the Fidellis didn't fair too well during the invasion of Terra.   Needing to comeback and dislodge a warrior house core ward of Terra is interesting.  However, I suspect the Ravens are involved mostly to show off the Blood Asp mini.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2023, 12:30:58 »
IIRC those who became Jaguars followed Alaric off their world, so they would not have been around.  What happened to the Fidelis . . . well, they did not want to become Clan- I thought they were set to leave their world.

Even if the Ravens are just present for the Blood Asps, that will portend some interesting negotiations for the Clan League.  I mean, for all we know they could be a 'observer' star such as happened during the original Invasion.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2023, 13:02:25 »
IIRC those who became Jaguars followed Alaric off their world, so they would not have been around.  What happened to the Fidelis . . . well, they did not want to become Clan- I thought they were set to leave their world.

Even if the Ravens are just present for the Blood Asps, that will portend some interesting negotiations for the Clan League.  I mean, for all we know they could be a 'observer' star such as happened during the original Invasion.

I had thought the Fidelis stayed on New Earth with Paul Moon.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2023, 13:11:03 »
I mean, for all we know they could be a 'observer' star such as happened during the original Invasion.

Could you explain this to me? Not being a smartass; I'm genuinely wanting to know because I'm not as familiar with the nitty-gritty details of the original invasion.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 07 August 2023, 13:18:11 »
Could you explain this to me? Not being a smartass; I'm genuinely wanting to know because I'm not as familiar with the nitty-gritty details of the original invasion.

There's this fluff/background on Sarna :

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Clan_Invasion

Additionally, the remaining Clans not participating in the invasion were invited to send observers along with the invasion force, consisting of no more than a Trinary-sized ground contingent but any number of WarShips and other interstellar craft. All of them choose to send both of their Khans to serve as witnesses

Somewhat related :

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Battle_of_Tukayyid_(3052)

Clan Goliath Scorpion also participated in the battle, with Scorpion saKhan Ren Posavatz leading Crimson Seeker Star, who were on a Seeker quest and had negotiated permission from the Steel Vipers to accompany them under condition that they not attempt to claim possession of any territory.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2023, 13:21:05 by Death_from_above »

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #6 on: 07 August 2023, 13:26:21 »
There's this fluff/background on Sarna :
Clan Goliath Scorpion also participated in the battle, with Scorpion saKhan Ren Posavatz leading Crimson Seeker Star, who were on a Seeker quest and had negotiated permission from the Steel Vipers to accompany them under condition that they not attempt to claim possession of any territory.

That's a fun tidbit. Might run something with that.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #7 on: 07 August 2023, 13:34:21 »

This one I kinda knew about just from people talking about it on here from time to time, though I'm curious why this particular tidbit was excluded from the newer Battle of Tukayyid book.

Anyways, sorry for the tangent, y'all. And thank you for providing some clarity on this!
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #8 on: 07 August 2023, 13:43:32 »
No, I think it is a legit avenue of inquiry . . . I mean we could have Ravens observing how the ilClan proposes to integrate forces from different Clans into one operational chain of command with the Wolves, Falcons, and Jaguars doing a demo.
Colt Ward

Generic Clanner 24601

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 07 August 2023, 14:15:02 »
No, I think it is a legit avenue of inquiry . . . I mean we could have Ravens observing how the ilClan proposes to integrate forces from different Clans into one operational chain of command with the Wolves, Falcons, and Jaguars doing a demo.

We have a passage in Dominions Divided saying the Ravens working under the authority of the Star League. Add to the fact that they don't have a particular reason not to join the Star League. So, they are likely fighting under the Star League banner.

At least until it no longer benefits them.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #10 on: 07 August 2023, 14:19:58 »
We have a passage in Dominions Divided saying the Ravens working under the authority of the Star League. Add to the fact that they don't have a particular reason not to join the Star League. So, they are likely fighting under the Star League banner.

At least until it no longer benefits them.

But that's many many months of travel away.   This is maybe 6 months time after the proclamation of the ilClan

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #11 on: 07 August 2023, 14:22:46 »
Raven Khan & saKhan were there for the declaration along with a star? of warships.  It would make sense they brought their keshiks if not each galaxies' premier cluster.
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #12 on: 07 August 2023, 14:24:21 »
But that's many many months of travel away.   This is maybe 6 months time after the proclamation of the ilClan

The Ravens showed up with a full naval Star for said proclamation. They could've easily had some ground forces tagging along that stuck around. I don't see this as an issue.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #13 on: 07 August 2023, 14:40:07 »
The Ravens showed up with a full naval Star for said proclamation. They could've easily had some ground forces tagging along that stuck around. I don't see this as an issue.

Agreed,

I don't see the Raven Alliance undergoing major troop transports before they had even met with Alaric.  I think my point was that this was more of an honor guard and dignitaries along with Alaric using every part of the buffalo (troops on hand).

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 07 August 2023, 14:41:36 »
IIRC The Corvus Keshik is a trinary each of Aerospace, Mechs, and Battle Armor and goes wherever the Khan goes.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 07 August 2023, 15:40:25 »

Tau Ceti IV
December 3151

The ilClan and its allies, Clan Jade Falcon, Snow Raven, and Smoke Jaguar land on New Earth, only to meet layers of resistance from the Capella Confederations Warrior House Hiritsu.  The fighting on the city outskirts quickly degenerates into a chaotic fur ball.

If this is the case, looks like Capellans were proactive and surrounded more of Terra while Alaric rebuilt his forces to some sort of functional.

Could explain his lack of comms to the Empore if Capellans own enough planets between empire and Terra to interdict a jumpship. Especially if House Hiritsu pushes them back.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #16 on: 07 August 2023, 18:26:31 »
IIRC The Corvus Keshik is a trinary each of Aerospace, Mechs, and Battle Armor and goes wherever the Khan goes.

Yep. And I was actually gonna ask if someone knew what parade colors/insignia (if any) the Raven forces were rocking in the diorama. Corvus Keshik makes a lot of sense here.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #17 on: 07 August 2023, 18:34:59 »
This is the pictures I saw, which updates- the Wolves are fielding a Ares in gray paint . . . a Atlas and Highlander in tiger stripe,  Amorak as well . . . maybe 2 different artists doing tiger stripe b/c there is another Crucible and a Stormwolf I think.  And yeah, a Raven ASF.

Colt Ward

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #18 on: 07 August 2023, 20:51:21 »
Tera them apart, Cappies.

VanVelding

• Warrant Officer