Author Topic: Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition Conversion Rules  (Read 1189 times)

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition Conversion Rules
« on: 06 July 2023, 14:45:39 »
AS:CE continues to insist that the book's conversion rules are available on the downloads page. Four years on, and that's still not true. If I want to convert units over by hand (currently the only viable and/or accurate method for most unit types), I'm still reliant on buying an otherwise-deprecated book and comparing it against one of the longer errata documents still maintained. It continues to be one of my biggest irritations with my purchase of the book, and really the only one that doesn't fade with time.

Have the plans to provide this document just been dropped? Will ASC and its errata continue to be the only source for conversion rules indefinitely? It's annoying at best for AS:CE to be the "all-in-one" book and yet have one of its key features be reliant on a website (it annoyed me enough when Blake Ascending pointed me to BattleCorps to wrap up one of its short stories' cliffhangers), but it's been quite a while for the PDF in question to not be delivered at all.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2023, 14:48:27 by pokefan548 »
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Re: Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition Conversion Rules
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2023, 08:34:34 »
Bump.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition Conversion Rules
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2023, 11:05:37 »
We don't know when there will be an update.  It's not totally dropped, but it's stuck behind a long queue of products that have to be made (Kickstarter and other priorities) where we don't know when it will happen.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register