Author Topic: Getting a job with Catalyst  (Read 541 times)

locke

• Recruit
  • Star Commander - Clan Goliath Scorpion
    • Lost Astronaut Studios
Getting a job with Catalyst
« on: 20 March 2024, 10:03:30 »
How do you get a job with Catalyst to work on the Battletech universe, including product and service development as well as lore for a particular clan?
Starzl Locke
Callsign: Mad Merv
Branch: Grunt Touman
Recently Piloted Mech: Turkina Prime

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
Re: Getting a job with Catalyst
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2024, 12:09:14 »
Hi Locke, one of the best ways to start your BattleTech writing journey is to involved with Shrapnel, the BattleTech Magazine. Here's how you can pitch for the magazine: Shrapnel Submission Guidelines

Note: Submitting a pitch does not guarantee your work will be used. Please read and follow the guidelines carefully before submitting your pitch.

Otherwise, other routes to getting involved with BattleTech include being a helpful resource here on the forum, applying for the Factcheck Team when slots open up, CSO, and the official Catalyst Demo Team.

Good luck.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

locke

• Recruit
  • Star Commander - Clan Goliath Scorpion
    • Lost Astronaut Studios
Re: Getting a job with Catalyst
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2024, 22:00:22 »
Thanks for the help but I'm skeptical that any of these paths is going to lead directly to what I was trying to do, which is design tangible products for the BattleTech universe.  Shrapnel seems to be "Lore / Fiction", and these other paths don't seem to help develop products directly.  This just isn't my first rodeo.  There is no "Careers at Catalyst", I guess I'll have to come to a Con and try to pitch myself there.
Starzl Locke
Callsign: Mad Merv
Branch: Grunt Touman
Recently Piloted Mech: Turkina Prime

Register