Author Topic: Pump Shotgun Recoil Modifier?  (Read 1848 times)

Maelwys

• Major
Pump Shotgun Recoil Modifier?
« on: 22 June 2019, 06:47:39 »
So I've been playing around with a character concept with a really low equipment rating, and since they're Periphery to boot, that reduces it even further. Which means there aren't alot of options for ranged weapons. I stumbled across the various shotguns, and noticed that the Pump Shotguns, with a AP/BD of 1B/6S has "Recoil -1" in its notes section.

Normally any weapon with a Recoil modifier also has a burst rating and notation in its Damage code (such as the automatic shotgun, with a cod of 2B/5BS).

So. Should the pump shotgun have a burst rating and notation? Should the recoil modifier simply be deleted? Or maybe it should be changed to "-1 to attack" rather than a recoil modifier which only applies when it fires in burst damage?

Or am I missing another reason for it?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Pump Shotgun Recoil Modifier?
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2019, 08:42:23 »
Hmmm... the only reason I can think is that maybe they were thinking you could double pump in a single turn (i.e., a Burst of 2).  I recommend asking up in the rules section.  I believe it'll either get a Burst of 2, or the Recoil should be deleted.  Paul could surprise me with a third way, of course...