Author Topic: Need some help with Dark Age pins  (Read 35535 times)

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
Need some help with Dark Age pins
« on: 23 May 2013, 04:08:30 »
Looking for a full list of both the event and the mini pins. Not something that appears to be around despite all the excellent documentation of other parts of the franchise. So I've come to the collection gurus to help me out.

I'm getting a nice case for them soon and I would like to know what I am missing and where so I can make sure and have space for it. ;)

It's strange that you never seem to see these guys in lots greater than 3 or 4. Heck, the only double I have is of the Bishop Addicks pin and I know I have most of the minis in my collection that had pins but secondhand most are missing them. Here's what I have so far, separated by planet .

The Hawk

• Warrant Officer
  • Have talons, will travel.
Re: Need some help with Dark Age pins
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2013, 08:55:24 »
Well, your collection is more complete than mine, but the only one I've got that you don't is Fellowship Fox.

The pin thing was long over by the time I got into MWDA, but it was a neat concept.

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2013, 10:34:57 »
It looks like the missing pins are mostly fellowship awards.

Each battle that had Champions and Parcipitation prizes also had Fellowship pins. 

Tybalt is missing the Crane Fellowship.

Achernar is missing the Fox Fellowship.

Ruchbah is missing Wolf pin Elora and Schmitt Felowship.

Ronel needs Champion Jes II and Ranger Fellowship.

Ankaa is missing Scimitar Fellowship.

Ozawa has the Joust Fellowship sitting by itself in your picture.

Rhodes III is missing Thumper Fellowship.

Addicks First Battle is missing Maxim Fellowship.

Addicks Second Battle is missing SM1 Fellowship.

You might want to switch Haag and Melisa for first and second battle.

Also there were three pins for the Limited Edition Mail in mechs, using the expansion set symbols Wolf Strike, Vanguard, and Domination.  The Ares Colossal tripod mechs (box set of three mechs) came with a nifty embroidered patch, too.

Yes there were two battles for Addicks separated by several months and a thin storyline.

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2013, 15:15:35 »
Now that's what I'm talking about! You guys are great. Wow, thought I was doing a little better than 3/4 but I guess it's time to get hunting.

I have the Project Rhodes patch, just never really figured out something good to do with it.

Thanks for all the help!

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2013, 02:07:38 »
Just thought I'd bump this with my new case cabinet I lucked out on finding at the gw and say thanks again. I'll get everything straightened and finalized when the little brass label plates come in.

Capt4in

• Corporal
  • Clix Veteran, CBT Newbie
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2013, 13:12:01 »
I miss these pins as well. Held onto one of my favorites (Addicks Champion Saxon), but would like to find the campaign pins from my two favorite campaigns (Malisa/Melissa Addicks and Nostra Tybalt).

Sarna.net's documents section has the handouts from some of these campaigns, btw, complete with short stories about the commanders of each.
Kisho lives

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2013, 21:37:49 »
Between Mage Knight and MechWarrior, I always wanted to have a battle sash made to put the pins on while playing.

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2013, 02:00:41 »
Sigma, That shadow box is the BOMB
Looking for Mechwarrior Clix games in So. Cal.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2013, 20:34:26 »
Thanks, had one more quick update. Think I finally got things organized the way I want with space for the remaining pins. Will create an Officer's Club label too when I see firsthand how big those are and get it all done in brass.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2013, 19:19:06 by Sigma »

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: 24 June 2013, 19:21:00 »
Small update. Down to 3 missing campaign pins and the 3 expansion pins. Here's hoping my luck holds out.

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
  • Head Executor at Shaitan's Fist, Local 38
« Reply #10 on: 25 June 2013, 09:02:16 »
Nice! Is that a complete set now?

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 25 June 2013, 10:55:37 »
Now that picture makes me want to put my pins on display like that. 

I like the Faction symbol, too, Though I'd use something other than RotS.

GC

Capt4in

• Corporal
« Reply #12 on: 05 July 2013, 20:44:05 »
Not sure if this is kosher to ask, but where did you end up finding your missing ones? I look for these on ebay all the time and rarely see them.
Kisho lives

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: 06 July 2013, 12:53:40 »
That's more a question for PM's. Hit me up and I can share a few online sources. But mostly, it's finding people who have them and are willing to part with them for goodies and greenbacks.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: 07 July 2013, 17:20:03 »
It looks like the missing pins are mostly fellowship awards.

Each battle that had Champions and Parcipitation prizes also had Fellowship pins. 

Tybalt is missing the Crane Fellowship.

Achernar is missing the Fox Fellowship.

Ruchbah is missing Wolf pin Elora and Schmitt Felowship.

Ronel needs Champion Jes II and Ranger Fellowship.

Ankaa is missing Scimitar Fellowship.

Ozawa has the Joust Fellowship sitting by itself in your picture.

Rhodes III is missing Thumper Fellowship.

Addicks First Battle is missing Maxim Fellowship.

Addicks Second Battle is missing SM1 Fellowship.

You might want to switch Haag and Melisa for first and second battle.

Also there were three pins for the Limited Edition Mail in mechs, using the expansion set symbols Wolf Strike, Vanguard, and Domination.  The Ares Colossal tripod mechs (box set of three mechs) came with a nifty embroidered patch, too.

Yes there were two battles for Addicks separated by several months and a thin storyline.

GC

So, I was just looking at one of the original promo posters for Addicks II, Tybalt and Ruchbah.

The Thumper fellowship apparently goes to Addicks II

The Maxim fellowship to Ruchbah

And it confirms the Crane fellowship for Tybalt

That rearranges stuff for me a bit. Can you double-check the list again? The Schmit comes from a Swordsworn tank so I know it has to be Achernar or Rhodes III as long as the other confirmed swordsworn Ranger fellowship is correct at Ronel

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 07 July 2013, 18:26:57 »
Wow, looks like I'm 15 pins short. Any chance you could type up a comprehensive list for us?

Capt4in

• Corporal
« Reply #16 on: 07 July 2013, 21:02:31 »

So, I was just looking at one of the original promo posters for Addicks II, Tybalt and Ruchbah.

The Thumper fellowship apparently goes to Addicks II

The Maxim fellowship to Ruchbah

And it confirms the Crane fellowship for Tybalt

That rearranges stuff for me a bit. Can you double-check the list again? The Schmit comes from a Swordsworn tank so I know it has to be Achernar or Rhodes III as long as the other confirmed swordsworn Ranger fellowship is correct at Ronel

Note that many of the Fellowship/Champion units didn't necessarily come from campaigns in which their faction was featured, such as the Crane, Paladin Jonah Levin, the Spirit Cat Behemoth II, and others. I am pretty sure the Schmitt is from New Rhodes III, though, as I don't remember it ever being a prize for an event I played in, and I played during the Achernar campaign.

Doublechecked, the Ranger Fellowship is from Achernar. You can look up old campaign rewards by going to www.wizkidsgames.com/mwdarkage using the internet archive and going back to 2002/2003. The current campaigns during those times are listed on the right-hand side of the page.

A bunch of the ones in the posted you quoted are wrong. Ozawa had the Condor and SM1 (not Joust), Achernar had Behemoth and Ranger (not Fox), Ankaa had Demon and Fox (not Scimitar), Addicks II had Thumper and Saxon (this one I know by heart, as it was one of my favorite campaigns - I still have my Saxon Pin). Those are the ones I checked, so I'm sure there's more you need. I'm fairly sure the Joust was from one of the very early campaigns, but I am not sure which one. One tip I can give is to try to figure out the timeline of these events - it was rare (but not never) that a campaign rewarded miniatures from two different sets, so it's unlikely that (for example) Elora, who piloted a Firestarter MOD from Fire For Effect, would be in the same campaign as the Schmitt from Dark Age.
« Last Edit: 07 July 2013, 21:13:26 by Capt4in »
Kisho lives

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 07 July 2013, 22:19:17 »
I've got some of the scenarios, but none of the redemption forms and I can't find any of the event posters.

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 07 July 2013, 23:12:34 »
My previous list was simply based on what pins I had been keeping in a box, grouped in small compartments.  My memory is not perfect and some pins may have moved around over the years.  Many of the posters and documents that confirm wwhich goes with what has long since been disposed of.  But I did save a few Campaign scenario sheets that might help.

Battle for Addicks 1:  Dragon's Fury vs Highlanders ... late 2002

Tai-i Danni Haag
Captain Tara Bishop
Atlas Champion, Jonah Levin

Battle for Addicks 2:  Spirit Cats vs Highlanders ... May, 2003

Star Commander Malisa Nova Cat
Captian Naomi Katina

Battle for Ankaa: Sword Sworn vs Steel Wolf ... October, 2002

Star Captain Sadia Wolf, Catapult
Leftenant Diane Jameson, RyokenII
Sgt Alec Denner, Demon tank
'Magpie' Webster, Fox Armored Car

Pins are the Fox Fellowship pin and Ankaa Champion has the word Demon on it.  Wolf and Jameson pins are set to match the mech pilots.

Battle for Achernar, Steel Wolf vs Sword Sworn

Leftenant Scullcap Garrett, Spider, Garrett pin
Star Commander Yulri Wolf, Blackhawk, Wolf pin
Achernar Champion Behemoth pin might be Dekker Nova Cat Behemoth II Tank (Spirit Cats)
Lisabet Wolf Scimitar MKII (Steel Wolves) as the Fellowship pin

Battle for New Rhodes III: Sword Sworn vs Banson's Raiders

Captain Ben Gerringer, Panther
Captain Bart Bradshaw, Arbalest
Champion Packhunter, not sure which one
I'd only be guessing about the Fellowship

So far, I think all the prizes and pins listed here are from the original Dark Age expansion set.  Fire for Effect introduced Artillery and those prizes would not be available until then.

Anyway, four pins for each of nine battles, and the three mail in mechs with the tripod patch seems to be the complete set.  Participation prizes usually represented the Factions in those battles, while Champion and Fellowship prizes might not.

GC

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: 08 July 2013, 10:02:28 »
So with help from the wayback machine, some good pics of a couple promo posters, warrenborn, and process of elimination for the final pin, I have the canon comprehensive list of all DA pins, what event, when, and what miniature they went with.

I gotta rearrange a lot of stuff on my board but this time I can be 100% sure it's right.

Now still just need to hunt down a Fellowship Fox, Fellowship Maxim, Fellowship Crane, and the Officer's club pins (it kills me that I have all the Officer's Club mechs and not a single pin from them).

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: 08 July 2013, 12:54:54 »
And the updated display.

With a few fun things inside as well.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 08 July 2013, 16:17:59 »
So with help from the wayback machine, some good pics of a couple promo posters, warrenborn, and process of elimination for the final pin, I have the canon comprehensive list of all DA pins, what event, when, and what miniature they went with.

I gotta rearrange a lot of stuff on my board but this time I can be 100% sure it's right.

Now still just need to hunt down a Fellowship Fox, Fellowship Maxim, Fellowship Crane, and the Officer's club pins (it kills me that I have all the Officer's Club mechs and not a single pin from them).

Thanks for the spreadsheet. I'm missing 6 from various campaigns.

Now if you could do one for the Mage Knight campaigns, that'd be great.  O0

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: 08 July 2013, 19:31:57 »
I'm missing 6 from various campaigns.

PFFT! I'm missing 18. Finding those Officer's Club ones will be insanely difficult.

Capt4in

• Corporal
« Reply #23 on: 08 July 2013, 23:45:06 »
And the updated display.

With a few fun things inside as well.

I am UNBELIEVABLY jealous that you have RotS faction dice. I have Spirit Cat ones, but none for my Nova Cats, Rasalhague, or Republic armies.
Kisho lives

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 09 July 2013, 02:09:26 »
PFFT! I'm missing 18. Finding those Officer's Club ones will be insanely difficult.

I was only counting the campaigns. I was out of it by the time of the Officer's Club due to various reasons.

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 10 July 2013, 13:46:04 »
Here is a list of the related Prize Figures and the Pins they came with.  The Marquee prizes had no pins but they became the first of the rare chase figures.  I could be wrong about a few of the prizes listed as Marquee, but I don't remember seeing them any other time and they never appeared in boosters.

DARK AGE EXPANSION SET

Addicks 1
D143 Paladin Jonah Levin (Atlas) 300 pts. (Republic of the Sphere) Addicks 1 Champion
D122 Etan Nova Cat (BE701 Joust Tank) 62 pts. (Spirit Cats) Addicks 1 Fellowship Joust
D135 Tara Bishop (Pack Hunter) 122 pts. (Highlanders) Addicks 1 Participant Bishop
D137 Danni Haag (Arbalest) 128 pts. (Dragon's Fury) Addicks 1 Participant Haag

Ankaa
D124 Sgt. Alec Denner (Demon Medium Tank) 42 pts. (Swordsworn) Ankaa Champion Demon
D119 Magpie' Webster (Fox Armored Car) 24 pts. (Bannson's Raiders) Ankaa Fellowship Fox
D138 Sadia Wolf (Catapult) 239 pts. (Steel Wolves) Ankaa Participant Wolf
D144 Lt. Diane Jameson (Ryoken II) 224 pts. (Swordsworn) Ankaa Participant Jameson

Achernar
D128 Dekker Nova Cat (Behemoth II Tank) 93 pts. (Spirit Cats) Achernar Champion Behemoth
D117 Cpl. Cesar Spano (VV1 Ranger) 24 pts. (Swordsworn) Achernar Fellowship Ranger
D146 Skullcap Garrett (Spider) 129 pts. (Swordsworn) Achernar Participant Garrett
D148 Yulri Wolf (Black Hawk) 167 pts. (Steel Wolves) Achernar Participant Wolf

Ronel
D127 Go-cho Dmitri Sorkin (JESII Missile Carrier) 87 pts. (Dragon's Fury) Ronel Champion JES II
D118 Lisabet Wolf (Scimitar MKII) 30 pts. (Steel Wolves) Ronel Fellowship Scimitar
D134 Santiago Padilla (Firestarter) 110 pts. (Swordsworn) Ronel Participant Padilla
D133 Abeda Measho (Panther) 115 pts. (Dragon's Fury) Ronel Participant Measho

Rhodes III
D129 Hitoshi Sato (Pack Hunter) 142 pts. (Dragon's Fury) Rhodes III Champion Pack Hunter
D126 Sgt. Leo Riordan (DI Schmitt Tank) 93 pts. (Swordsworn) Rhodes III Fellowship Schmitt
D130 Bart Bradshaw (Arbalest) 124 pts. (Bannson's Raiders) Rhodes III Participant Bradshaw
D141 Capt. Ben Gerringer (Panther) 102 pts. (Swordsworn) Rhodes III Participant Gerringer

Ozawa
D121 Sgt. Gregory Lee (Condor Tank) 44 pts. (Swordsworn) Ozawa Champion Condor
D120 Mikel Nova Cat (SM1 Tank Destroyer) 50 pts. (Spirit Cats) Ozawa Fellowship SM1
D131 Dagger Di Jones (Hatchetman) 141 pts. (Bannson's Raiders) Ozawa Participant Jones
D132 Rikkard Nova Cat (Firestarter) 139 pts. (Spirit Cats) Ozawa Participant Rikkard

Marquee
D140 Mason Dunne (Mad Cat III) 193 pts. (Republic of the Sphere) Marquee Rare Champion Prize
D136 Scott Tracyk (Legionnaire) 133 pts. (Swordsworn) Marquee Rare Fellowship Prize

Promo
D139 Janella Lakewood (Tundra Wolf) 256 pts. (Republic of the Sphere) Mail in Novel coupon
D157 Collin Yukinov (Cougar) 139 pts. (Mercenary) Promo for video game
D158 Nikol Brahe (Zeus) 174 pts. (Mercenary) Promo for video game
D142 One Eyed Jack Farrell (Jupiter) 295 pts. (Bannson's Raiders) PC Gamer Promo

FIRE FOR EFFECT EXPANSION SET

Addicks 2
F105 Dyann Nova Cat (Saxon APC) 31 pts. (Spirit Cats) Addicks 2 Champion Saxon
F108 Malcolm McPherson (Thumper Artillery) 50 pts. (Highlanders) Addicks 2 Fellowship Thumper
F126 Malisa Nova Cat (Uller) 129 pts. (Spirit Cats)  Addicks 2 Participant Melisa
F133 Naomi Katina (Vulture) 200 pts. (Highlanders)  Addicks 2 Participant Katina

Ruchbah
F118 Cora Nova Cat (AgroMech MkII MOD) 97 pts. (Spirit Cats) Ruchbah Champion AgroMech MkII MOD
F107 Mikos Wolf (Maxim Mk2 Transport) 35 pts. (Steel Wolves)  Ruchbah Fellowship Maxim
F122 Elora Wolf (Firestarter) 124 pts. (Steel Wolves) Ruchbah Participant Elora
F123 Susan Drummond (Legionnaire) 169 pts. (Spirit Cats) Ruchbah Participant Drummond

Marquee
F131 Kal Radick (Mad Cat II) 298 pts. (Steel Wolves) Marquee Champion Prize
F135 Stefani Ehli (Zeus) 204 pts. (Bannson's Raiders) Marquee Fellowship Prize

Marquee
F110 Sgt. Major Rusty Cooper (Long Tom Artillery) 64 pts. (Swordsworn) Marquee Champion Prize
F121 James Odom (Arbalest) 124 pts. (Mercenary) Marquee Fellowship Prize

DEATH FROM ABOVE EXPANSION SET

Tybalt
E130 Robert Bavros (Lamprey Transport Helicopter) 43 pts. (Spirit Cats) Tybalt Champion Lamprey
E132 Jaquelin Pejiko (MHI Crane Heavy Transport) 47 pts. (Republic of the Sphere) Tybalt Fellowship Crane
E143 Kevin Nostra (Zeus) 232 pts. (Spirit Cats)  Tybalt Participant Nostr
E134 Chuck 'Tucker' Oles (Mongoose II) 161 pts. (Bannson's Raiders)  Tybalt Participant Oles

OFFICERS' CLUB 

DOMOC1 Jackalope 'Harvey' 114 pts. (Gunslinger)  Domination Pin
DOM-GS-049 Kelly Bonilla (Light S:3 A:3 D:1 36 pts. Gunslinger)

VGOC2 Vulture Mk IV 'Emperor' 230 pts. (Gunslinger)  Vanguard Pin
VG-GS-061 Chris Hart (Heavy S:0 A:2 D:1 31 pts. Gunslinger)

WSOC3 Raven 'Magister' 143 pts. (Gunslinger)  Wolf Strike Pin
WS-GS-063 James Carrott (Light S:2 A:2 D:0 18 pts. Gunslinger)

Any surplus awards and prizes were often re-issued for additional 'unrestricted' events.  Many prize figures in later sets had duplicated LE's pulled from boosters with only the color of the base making them different.

GC

edit: fixed MWDA Marquee and Promo mechs
« Last Edit: 14 July 2013, 15:36:48 by GhostCat »

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 10 July 2013, 17:05:17 »
I think you have the DA Marquee prizes reversed. Pretty sure Tracyk was the Fellowship. I remember it took forever for the Envoys to get theirs.

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 10 July 2013, 20:19:29 »
Okay thanks Greywind. 

Those prizes went missing at my venue and the event was run without prize support.  We only heard rumors about how awesome Mason Dunne was supposed to be, though one player did get the Legionaire for his Sword Sworn army, and did very well with it. 

I seem to remember that one of the Jupiter mechs was either a Prize or Promo figure, but not sure which one, if any.  Both were difficult to get and neither one fit my style.  I'm betting it was One Eyed Jack. 

D116 Erin Johnston (Jupiter) 289 pts. (Dragon's Fury)
or
D142 One Eyed Jack Farrell (Jupiter) 295 pts. (Bannson's Raiders)

GC

Capt4in

• Corporal
« Reply #28 on: 10 July 2013, 20:58:27 »
One-Eyed Jack was the promo. He came from an issue of (I believe) PC Gamer, thought it might have been a more traditional-game oriented magazine like The Duelist.

Erin Johnston was available in boosters. My buddy and I opened one in the case we split a few years back.
Kisho lives

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #29 on: 10 July 2013, 21:20:23 »
OEJ was in a magazine. There was also Geo a couple years later.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #30 on: 11 July 2013, 12:13:16 »
One-Eyed Jack was the promo. He came from an issue of (I believe) PC Gamer, thought it might have been a more traditional-game oriented magazine like The Duelist.

Erin Johnston was available in boosters. My buddy and I opened one in the case we split a few years back.

That's how I got my Johnston as well, via one of the big starter-boxes that contained two starter boxes and two extra uniques (and I really wish I still had those boxes... casualties of a previous apartment's flooding issues, sadly). She came along with the Highlander Ryoken II and a Swordsworn Panther in that first box I got, along with a MiningMech of some sort.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 13 July 2013, 00:48:36 »
it wasn't enough to show the pins and patches in the shadowbox area...   but then you have to show the inside  [notworthy]
Looking for Mechwarrior Clix games in So. Cal.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: 26 July 2013, 10:56:15 »
You know, the funny thing is for me, a lot of the really tough to get stuff in the early sets is easier to get now because a lot of people who started the game went up from DA to LI or FFE etc. and when they sell a collection, that's what you find. Goodies in the later era sets are harder to find unless somebody is clearing out a dedicated army like a Dominion or Clan Wolf force or something. But then I guess, you can get most anything for a price.

As for the box, glad you guys like it! I've added a few new things to the inside since last time but I wanted to show the officer's club pins I got with the help of a really great guy. I don't think I've ever seen them photographed next to the rest so it's pretty cool to be able to compare it all.

Down to the final 3 for me.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 26 July 2013, 11:17:00 »
Just to torment you, I have 2 of the 3 you're missing.  :D

Nice kit.

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 26 July 2013, 14:17:53 »
Wow mate, I've never even seen two of those officer's club pins. Man, great work.

Capt4in

• Corporal
« Reply #35 on: 26 July 2013, 16:28:30 »
I wish I could help you out. I know I had a Tybalt Crane pin for the longest time, as I distinctly remember winning Fellowship in that campaign (mainly because most of my friends at the store knew how badly I wanted that Republic LE). Sadly, I have no idea where it ended up, though. The only pin I still have is my Saxon Champion pin from Addicks 2.
Kisho lives

Elusive

• Recruit
« Reply #36 on: 31 July 2013, 22:41:51 »
Ya'll got me inspired to get out the mess of pins I have and get them organized.  Kinda surprised it took me this long.  Turns out I have a ton of pins, but am still missing 27 because what I have, I have in doubles and triples.  Oh well.  However, I came across another set of pins labeled "Khan's Road."  Would any of you happen to know what that refers to?  I presume it's Battletech, but it could be anything I guess.

Clan Nova Cat: If it weren't for bad fate, we'd have no fate at all.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 01 August 2013, 03:51:04 »
The Khan's Road was a Mage Knight storyline campaign.

Elusive

• Recruit
« Reply #38 on: 01 August 2013, 20:38:58 »
Aw . . . Suddenly they are less cool.  Thank you for the help.

Clan Nova Cat: If it weren't for bad fate, we'd have no fate at all.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: 01 August 2013, 21:12:50 »
Take a look at Sigma's case. If it isn't in there, or it's one of the few he's missing, it's a Mage Knight campaign pin.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: 05 August 2013, 17:56:45 »
To help out with the ID, I was able to finally track down a decent photo of the last 3 pins, no luck finding any of them available though.

Capt4in

• Corporal
« Reply #41 on: 06 August 2013, 20:42:54 »
Yeah, I definitely had that Crane Fellowship pin back in the day, but I have no idea what happened to it. Sorry :(
Kisho lives

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: 13 August 2013, 22:55:38 »
So it goes man. I know one thing I'm kicking myself about. I saw a joust tank with a weird pin, so I decided to check if it was a Mage Knight pin. Well it was, but in looking around I also learned that I missed not one but TWO Fox Fellowship pins over the last month because they were mislabeled as Mage Knight pins when they were sold.  [##]

glendel

• Recruit
« Reply #43 on: 01 September 2013, 10:14:52 »
Okay Sigma got me interested in pins again. I just recently starting going through all my sets to ensure I finished them, have found some gaps in mechs and cards so working on that. Forgot all about my pins until I came across this post.

So, here goes. I had all the pins. (played A LOT back in the day). Set them aside so as not to lose them, wellllll...... I lost them. Some place in my house but lost none the less. Got my extras out that I gave my daughter and was able to come up with all the pins aside from 2:

Addicks 2 Champion Saxon
and
Tybalt Fellowship Crane

I have only a couple extras to trade with as I just used all my extras to make a new set:
Ronel Champion JES II (x2)
Ronel Fellowship Scimitar (x2)

Had to edit post, new here and noticed rule #10 do not offer to buy, trade or sell on forums. So let's see here. How to do this with proper etiquette. I am missing 2 pins listed above, PM me if we can help each other out.

Anyone in the Tacoma Washington area with extra game figures and cards on hand?

Nic
« Last Edit: 01 September 2013, 10:53:27 by glendel »

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: 16 September 2013, 22:34:46 »
I did find out that I do have all the Mage Knight campaign pins. The MechWarrior pins I'm missing I can only assume those were when the other BattleMaster filled in for me.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: 17 September 2013, 04:14:10 »
I finally completed my set. Just waiting for the missing ones in the mail. I'll get pics up when I do, then probably post a trade list over at LordsoftheBattlefield with my spares. >:D

Also saw some on ebay recently, somebody had some of the fellowship and champion pins up that were a pain to get like the maxim. glendel, saw a Saxon pin there too.

glendel

• Recruit
« Reply #46 on: 19 September 2013, 20:05:30 »
Thanks!  :)

It's on bid not buy out so I'm watching it. Still have not looked for my full set around the house, so if I find it then I will list my extras as well.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
Re: Need some help with Dark Age pins (SET COMPLETE!)
« Reply #47 on: 26 September 2013, 20:59:41 »
The final case. Will get a better picture later.

And inside is stuff for my classic battletech case, patch case, and classic tournament once I get them started. ;)
« Last Edit: 08 October 2013, 15:57:45 by Sigma »

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #48 on: 27 September 2013, 08:06:17 »
 [applause] Nicely done!

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: 08 October 2013, 16:04:26 »
Update with a better pic and also including my MF, VW, and Tourney pins.

VWWolfPack

• Recruit
« Reply #50 on: 11 February 2014, 23:04:53 »
Bumping this back up to the top...

New member here from Olympia, WA...just happened across this site recently. I am a former WizKids BattleMaster/Game Envoy from 2003-2008 (I'm 31 now) with a near-complete collection of this game (just missing the cancelled Deception Vixen and the gold Pre-Release Monica Pretorius Star Captain card...I have one of every 'Mech, vehicle, and card and three of every non-unique infantry as well as two DropShips). I was big into this game when it was out and collected freakin' everything....all 30 novels, terrain sets, dice, you name it. Your pin setup is very nicely done. There are, however, a number of other pins not represented there. All of the original Dark Age tournament-prize LE's had a pin that came with them. They have the LE name and a graphic of sorts. I remember frantically trying to acquire everything just as the game series was put on a hiatus. The pin for Jonah Levin's Atlas was the last one I acquired...some kid at the local comic shop somehow had one of them!

I put all my stuff in long-term storage, but could get into the box that has all that fairly easily if you would like pics.

I have all sorts of other interesting items...various posters and advertisements, unreleased promo figs, etc. Best one is from a backroom dealing at the Games Matrix in Tacoma, WA...a super-early convention promo unplayable House Kurita Tundra Wolf. i used to be friends with one of the final National Tournament winners...Gary Pedersen, who has a 'Mech and card in his likeness. I still see him around town here from time to time. I would be glad to share my info to do my part in keeping this game series relevant. I have a large file of unsorted game documents that I saved from back then...it has been transferred to a different computer twice so far!

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 12 February 2014, 18:22:43 »
Share! I love learning more about the game lore and seeing tidbits that didn't get wide production.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: 12 February 2014, 18:42:34 »
I don't recall any pins until the Campaigns started with the mail-in LEs and participation. The Atlas pin is part of the Addicks set.

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: 22 April 2014, 08:56:14 »
Necroing this thread, FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

I'm happy to report that nearly a full year after this thread was posted I am down to only missing two pins! I'm building a custom display that is going to shadow-box the pins with the tournament prize mechs as well. I've pretty much retired from the game but am still a loyalist and want to show off a bit.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: 22 April 2014, 14:01:02 »
What are you missing?

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: 23 April 2014, 09:56:08 »
What are you missing?

Addicks Champion: Atlas

Battle For Achernar: Wolf

I know there's a Wolf on feebay right now but my paypal is tapped untill a deadbeat bidder pays me. The Atlas pin I've not seen in a very, very long time.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: 23 April 2014, 10:37:22 »
Addicks Champion: Atlas

Battle For Achernar: Wolf

I know there's a Wolf on feebay right now but my paypal is tapped untill a deadbeat bidder pays me. The Atlas pin I've not seen in a very, very long time.

Sorry. Can't help with either.

MightyBolamite

• Corporal
« Reply #57 on: 29 October 2014, 18:46:13 »
I found this while searching for the DA pins. Very nice collection, I am super jealous.

Is this the only known place to find a picture of the pins (I know its not all of them... right?) or has someone archived what they look like?

Eugenevodea

• Recruit
« Reply #58 on: 12 June 2015, 02:26:38 »
You still missing any? I really like your collection.
 I have one I have not seen anywhere else, I'll try to get a picture soon... It is a gold toned 1" circle with a gear design just inside the rim an a big MW in the center with the right leg of the M and the adjacent leg of the W obscured by a mech silhouette, perhaps a MadCat. the base of the medallion has to rings where is hung a rectangular, gold tone, medallion 1" across and 1/2" high with "2002" on it.

I have two full sets of the basic pins with a bunch of extras but do not recognize the ones in your separate frame.

Eugenevodea

• Recruit
« Reply #59 on: 29 June 2015, 07:10:35 »
OK, I attached a picture of some of my pins, anyone with information on the far left one?

Thanks

deogg

• Recruit
  • #TheTapperOfTomorrow
    • My YouTube channel: Tapper Dan
« Reply #60 on: 13 December 2019, 23:50:00 »
Hi guys and girls,
     I found this forum as I was looking for a checklist of the pins from Mechwarrior. I have just bought a 23 pin lot on eBay, and I'm just trying to get a list of what I'm missing. Attached is a pic from the auction itself, if anyone can help me out with what I'm missing, it'd be greatly appreciated!
"You ain't seen the best of me yet. Give me time, I'll make you forget the rest."

deogg

• Recruit
  • #TheTapperOfTomorrow
« Reply #61 on: 15 December 2019, 00:36:42 »
Just an update (yeah, THAT fast lol):
In some "researching" (aka eBay search and some Google-ing), I know that for sure I am missing these:
Fellowship Ranger
Battle for Tybalt DLES
Fellowship Thumper
Fellowship Fox
Demon Ankaa Champion
Battle for Achernar Garrett
Addicks Champion Saxon
Tybalt Champion Lamprey
JES II Ronel Champion
Battle for Ankaa Champion
Battle for Tybalt Nostra
Fellowship Crane
Addicks Champion Atlas
Fellowship Joust

If anyone can help me just get the names of what I'm missing, that'd be great!

"You ain't seen the best of me yet. Give me time, I'll make you forget the rest."

deogg

• Recruit
  • #TheTapperOfTomorrow
« Reply #62 on: 21 December 2019, 00:03:16 »

Thanks SO much! This was a huge help in getting everything lined up and organized.

I'd say I did pretty decent for one big purchase of pins.......3 full campaigns, and only one away from finishing a 4th.

Officer's Club aside, the remaining pins won't be TOO terrible to track down. I MAY try going after the mechs at some point!

deogg

• Recruit
  • #TheTapperOfTomorrow
« Reply #63 on: 18 September 2023, 18:39:13 »
Yeah, I'm bringing this one back from the dead.

No, I don't have a pic (or more accurately, since photobucket went wonky, a place to share it).

And my display is nowhere REMOTELY close to as awesome as Sigma's!

But after about 4 years of searching.....I am now looking at ALL 39 pins!!!!! The last 4 I needed came today......and yes, one of them was the Atlas.

A lot of times, the pins weren't too expensive, they just DIDN'T come around much. The Officer's Club pins I just got in the last maybe month or so. I wound up getting the OC pins shortly before getting their matching mechs (they currently occupy the Dropship).

I may go after the matching mechs one at a time in the future, but for now I am one happy BT/MW fan!