Author Topic: Mechwarrior Map List?  (Read 6056 times)

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
Mechwarrior Map List?
« on: 22 July 2013, 09:25:31 »
I'm wondering if a list exists that has which map came with each box set  ... I did not find one on Warrenborn ...

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
Re: Mechwarrior Map List?
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2013, 10:36:03 »
Do you mean the Solaris VII arena maps? 

I think there was one for each set (weight class).  Hex sides were printed with various colors to show the changes in terrain features and elevations that could affect the use of certain abilities and equipment.

I preferred to place terrain features and use decorative objects that can be moved to change the battle zone.  I always thought that the point of the game's system was to move away from the limitations of the hex base map grid.

Wizkids produced a map for the "Youngblood Training Field" that went with the Atlas and Marauder promo pieces.  Not much on it beyond marking deployment zones and a few rule references on the side margins.

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2013, 22:06:41 »
I was actually wondering about the maps that came with the Champions sets and perhaps some of the others ... I just picked up a number of these (along with several Solaris maps) and wondered if I have them all or not ... 

I tend to agree with you about the customization of terrain (wish Wizkids would have done more 3D terrain, even cardboard), but I thought it might be interesting to try these sometime, just for something different.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2018, 03:59:54 »
Necro'ing this thread because the MWDA Solaris VII maps totally flew below my radar until now. For the purpose of adding the information to Sarna.net BTW, would somebody kindly let me know

1. all Hexmaps that were officially produced for MWDA;
2. if they were sold separately, or as part of a pack of some sort (or for download)?
3. if the hexes line up with regular BattleTech hexmaps?
4. if there was any fluff text going with the arenas depicted?

A fellow Sarna editor emailed me a photo of the Medium-Class map (or so it is subtitled), and what appears to be a photo from a tournament with a row of six apparently different maps on a row of tables (subtitled Multiplayer Mech Map).
I also have a PDF titled MWS7_ChemPLant_MapTile. The map in this file says "WizKids Inc. grants permission to copy for personal use and for registered MechWarrior: Solaris 7 events".
Interested in knowing anything and everything anyone can tell me about these maps. The Dark Age download section on this site doesn't have any of these, unfortunately.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2018, 12:27:35 »
So, I drug out my maps and found I have two sets of four double-sided hex maps for the WizKids Solaris VII games. On one side, they can combine into a larger map, while the other sides have smaller arenas depicted. Each Solaris VII box set had one of these in it ...  whether they were ever offered as downloads, I don't know ... I entered nursing school near the end of the line, so I wasn't able to keep up with it as well and have found some surprises out there, like downloadable colored terrain. The hexes are bigger than standard Battletech hexes so as to fit the clix 'mech bases. Didn't stop to measure, but probably 2 inches. If there was any fluff, it might be buried in the instruction manual ... otherwise, there are blocking, hindering, and water terrain marked on each. I'm trying to attach a couple of photos ... hit the restriction on size total  before I ran out of photos.

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2018, 12:33:23 »
Here are the other two map pictures.

I never got into the "arena combat" side of this game ... didn't appeal to me the same way the combined arms did. Now, on the MechWarrior video games, that's another story ... but also another topic.

Hope these help.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 12 April 2018, 01:27:41 »
Cool stuff, thanks. May I take these photos and upload them to Sarna?
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 12 April 2018, 13:30:13 »
Cool stuff, thanks. May I take these photos and upload them to Sarna?

Sure. Do you want higher quality? I had to go low to get them all to post ...

Do you need any of the other (non-hexed) maps ... ? I think I have all of them except the one that came with the Phantom War box set.
« Last Edit: 12 April 2018, 13:45:21 by SpaceCowboy1701 »

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 12 April 2018, 15:43:53 »
You have a message. :)