Author Topic: (Answered) Thunderbolt Launcher from Unbound  (Read 1782 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
(Answered) Thunderbolt Launcher from Unbound
« on: 22 October 2017, 00:01:00 »
(I had trouble deciding where I should post this, but I ultimately figured, well, it is a rules question)

While most of the fancy gadgets that originally appeared in the old "Unbound" scenario book have gotten updates in the Tactical Operations and Interstellar Operations books, the old unbound version of the Thunderbolt missile is conspicuous by its absence.

Should the original rules still be considered valid, should the system itself be considered as "existing, but presently without stats", or has the original thunderbolt missile been discarded from the canon in favor of the current version?
« Last Edit: 02 November 2017, 12:24:06 by Xotl »
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Thunderbolt Missile from "Unbound"?
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2017, 12:23:04 »
The Thunderbolt Launcher in Unbound currently has no stats. There still was  "An experimental weapon system first prototyped by NAIS engineers in the mid-3050s for the Solaris arenas," but until stats are printed, the particulars are no longer canon.

As those things were horribly, heinously broken, I doubt you'll ever see them in that form again.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: (Answered) Thunderbolt Launcher from Unbound
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2017, 00:47:17 »
Fair enough.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!