Author Topic: Mars Rising - Marian Hegemony V: Barbari ite Domum!  (Read 95377 times)

Martius

• Captain
Re: Mars Rising - Marian Hegemony V: Barbari ite Domum!
« Reply #1140 on: 05 January 2024, 16:36:19 »
Some nice additions there. Thank you for the list, Adacas!

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #1141 on: 06 January 2024, 17:38:51 »
I find myself the proud praetor of a pair of Testudo siege tanks. What are some good Marian TAG platforms that aren't Marauder BA? I have an Anvil painted in II Legio colors that I can use as a 6M, but I'm looking for some variety for potential campaign scenario play. Thanks!
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #1142 on: 06 January 2024, 19:42:26 »
Rec Guide 33 gave the MHAF the Harasser (Marian) that includes TAG.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #1144 on: 07 January 2024, 07:10:26 »
Oh hey, that's great! I now realize how often I fail to make full use of the MUL's features. Thanks for that!
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Cassanova

• Recruit
« Reply #1145 on: 27 January 2024, 19:14:33 »
Just catching back up to the current time line since my local group is moving from 3067 -> Ilclan era for our next campaign and damn the state The Hegemony has been put in is kinda depressing. Like I get we're the regional punching bag for the more popular FWL and MoC but it's hard being a roman it seems. I have so many unanswered questions.

- Why and how is Lothia independent again? Sarna doesn't even know and it seems like a just because kind of thing. Not even a mention of puppethood or rebellion. Only that it happened and that we almost had to invade them again.
- Legio V also defects to Lothia (but decades before their independence?) because of their own allied mercenaries actions. They become the Punic Legion, effectively the Lothian Armed Forces then kinda just sit around for another 4 decades, not being hunted be MHAF on the still occupied Lothian worlds, until the above point happens?
- We get a minor minor wins against the FWL in 3077 but then get nuked in response, effectively Crippling II Legio
- We then get our entire capitol nuked by the Wobbies, setting us back industrially too. So our effective faction growth has been almost entirely undone. Somehow we get lucky and the some of the Caesar bloodline was out of the dangerzone preventing a succession crisis.
- We get a period of recovery though, I guess what we'd call the MH's golden age as we start local mech production, develop some of the best battle armour and tanks out there. Our legions are effectively rebuilt, Legio V is reformed.
- Then in the lead up to the Ilclan Era proper we attack and hold three entire FWL worlds and were raiding three others uncontested! At this point I'm getting excited. The recovery time was well spent and now we can hang out with the big boys! Even if the Big boys are much diminished from their glory days, atleast we're there having serious impact!
- And then of course the shoe drops. We suddenly and inexplicitly open a second front with the Canopians *just* as we're starting to face actual pressure from the purple bird. So we get counter invaded by the Bird and Canopies. Our holdings are split into two, Entire legions are surrounded, isolated or destroyed and genuinely I'm having a hard time seeing a future for The Marians in the sphere.

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel or are we just boned at this point?

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1146 on: 27 January 2024, 23:12:35 »
Just catching back up to the current time line since my local group is moving from 3067 -> Ilclan era for our next campaign and damn the state The Hegemony has been put in is kinda depressing. Like I get we're the regional punching bag for the more popular FWL and MoC but it's hard being a roman it seems. I have so many unanswered questions.

- Why and how is Lothia independent again? Sarna doesn't even know and it seems like a just because kind of thing. Not even a mention of puppethood or rebellion. Only that it happened and that we almost had to invade them again.
- Legio V also defects to Lothia (but decades before their independence?) because of their own allied mercenaries actions. They become the Punic Legion, effectively the Lothian Armed Forces then kinda just sit around for another 4 decades, not being hunted be MHAF on the still occupied Lothian worlds, until the above point happens?
- We get a minor minor wins against the FWL in 3077 but then get nuked in response, effectively Crippling II Legio
- We then get our entire capitol nuked by the Wobbies, setting us back industrially too. So our effective faction growth has been almost entirely undone. Somehow we get lucky and the some of the Caesar bloodline was out of the dangerzone preventing a succession crisis.
- We get a period of recovery though, I guess what we'd call the MH's golden age as we start local mech production, develop some of the best battle armour and tanks out there. Our legions are effectively rebuilt, Legio V is reformed.
- Then in the lead up to the Ilclan Era proper we attack and hold three entire FWL worlds and were raiding three others uncontested! At this point I'm getting excited. The recovery time was well spent and now we can hang out with the big boys! Even if the Big boys are much diminished from their glory days, atleast we're there having serious impact!
- And then of course the shoe drops. We suddenly and inexplicitly open a second front with the Canopians *just* as we're starting to face actual pressure from the purple bird. So we get counter invaded by the Bird and Canopies. Our holdings are split into two, Entire legions are surrounded, isolated or destroyed and genuinely I'm having a hard time seeing a future for The Marians in the sphere.

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel or are we just boned at this point?
Hi Marían Citizen

There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Several details, the Hegemony is no longer divided into two. Illirya has already been released.
The Hegemony already had three worlds ex-Marik and was going to annex two more that were independent and already had forms of government copying the Hegemony (Lahti and San Nicolas were those two)
Why was the NFWL attacked and then Canopus at the same time?
Who knows, only the feverish mind of a writer who decided that this would happen in the Era Report and Field Manual 3145 was exactly the opposite, the Hegemony entrenching itself for fear of being attacked but from one year to the next Ignatius decided to go on the attack and abandon the project of cultural annexation and going crazy
During this time, our legions, the most seasoned and combat-tested forces of the entire Periphery, magically transform into Capelans cadets of 3025.

The Hegemony reaches the Star League technological level in 3130, check the Withworth fluff in the Rec Guide 30 if I remember correctly and that one is built and the lines of the primitive versions that we already made Icarus II, Gladiator, Centurion and Emperor are modernized at least those four by Marian Arms
« Last Edit: 27 January 2024, 23:20:01 by Adacas »

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1147 on: 28 January 2024, 23:01:58 »
The Hegemony can recover, but it's going to eh a long fight against the Canopian forces coming for Alphard. However, we do have the third largest collection of Mech designs in the MUL among the Periphery states, and we also have Omnimechs. So all is not lost.
I still want a Marian produced heavy Mech though. The T-bolt seems like a good choice since we have 7 or 8 variants of it in our inventory...

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1148 on: 29 January 2024, 03:53:35 »
The Hegemony can recover, but it's going to eh a long fight against the Canopian forces coming for Alphard. However, we do have the third largest collection of Mech designs in the MUL among the Periphery states, and we also have Omnimechs. So all is not lost.
I still want a Marian produced heavy Mech though. The T-bolt seems like a good choice since we have 7 or 8 variants of it in our inventory...

I agree with you that we still lack a confirmed heavy design manufactured in the Hegemony, and yes the T-Bolt is one of the chassis that we have in greatest number, so our techs know it very well in my desires for heavy mech are the T -Bolt, The Warhammer or the Marauder are among the classic chassis, then we could make another one under license perhaps from Starcorps, Taurus or DC, of a more modern type.

Cassanova

• Recruit
« Reply #1149 on: 29 January 2024, 13:42:50 »
The Thunderbolt is a favourite of mine and would be a welcome addition to our industrial base. Would you guys be looking for existing variant manufacturing or a right proper TDR-H Variant? And if it was a TDR-H what would you're ideal modifications be to make the mech a heavy trooper worthy of Jupiters favoured weapon.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1150 on: 29 January 2024, 15:44:57 »
The Thunderbolt is a favourite of mine and would be a welcome addition to our industrial base. Would you guys be looking for existing variant manufacturing or a right proper TDR-H Variant? And if it was a TDR-H what would you're ideal modifications be to make the mech a heavy trooper worthy of Jupiters favoured weapon.

If we are guided by the models that have been appearing since Withworth, our Thud would probably have MRM but I don't know what to think about the rest of the weapons, maybe a UCA/10?

Cassanova

• Recruit
« Reply #1151 on: 29 January 2024, 17:08:41 »
Spitballing since I can't sit down just yet to do the tonnage math but a UAC10, MRM20 with 3-4 MLs would sit right with me. Lots of potential for forcing Pilot checks and Depending on what other tech we have consistent access to (DHS, Endo Etc) should be pretty heat efficient without sacrificing speed or armour. If you want the throw back to the rocket days, take the tonnage from any machine guns and the SRM2 to toss all the rockets into a side torso or left arm.

Also a bit of a segway but Facebook just gave me an ad that looks perfect for Marian Infantry. They're listed as 8mm though, so I'll need to do some testing once I get the files to see how they hold up at 6mm.

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1152 on: 29 January 2024, 20:29:49 »
I would probably say a Marian T-bolt would use either a UAC/10 or LB-10x/Large Laser or MRM-20/30 combo with jump jets and ER Medium Lasers. We make CASE II and Endo Steel along with DHS, and perhaps a C3 slave drawn from Gladiator stock. Or you could go with a PPC/UAC/10 combo....

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1153 on: 30 January 2024, 02:39:52 »
Spitballing since I can't sit down just yet to do the tonnage math but a UAC10, MRM20 with 3-4 MLs would sit right with me. Lots of potential for forcing Pilot checks and Depending on what other tech we have consistent access to (DHS, Endo Etc) should be pretty heat efficient without sacrificing speed or armour. If you want the throw back to the rocket days, take the tonnage from any machine guns and the SRM2 to toss all the rockets into a side torso or left arm.

Also a bit of a segway but Facebook just gave me an ad that looks perfect for Marian Infantry. They're listed as 8mm though, so I'll need to do some testing once I get the files to see how they hold up at 6mm.

Thinking about the weapons that have already been confirmed as manufactured locally apart from the mechs, it occurs to me that it would be cheap for the Hegemony to make a third version of the Gladius with Light Ferro, Uca/10, Case  and Fuel Cell

Beautiful miniatures for Marian infantry
« Last Edit: 30 January 2024, 05:47:00 by Adacas »

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1154 on: 30 January 2024, 02:44:01 »
I would probably say a Marian T-bolt would use either a UAC/10 or LB-10x/Large Laser or MRM-20/30 combo with jump jets and ER Medium Lasers. We make CASE II and Endo Steel along with DHS, and perhaps a C3 slave drawn from Gladiator stock. Or you could go with a PPC/UAC/10 combo....

Putting C3 on it would be interesting, he asked me if our good business relationship with DC would give us access to the C3 Master, I like any of the weapon combinations you mention, I would perhaps add Subnose CPP and Light CPP or Light Canon as accessible options The Hegemony has access to the latter since the second version of Gladius

Cassanova

• Recruit
« Reply #1155 on: 30 January 2024, 13:29:20 »
Thinking about the weapons that have already been confirmed as manufactured locally apart from the mechs, it occurs to me that it would be cheap for the Hegemony to make a third version of the Gladius with Light Ferro, Uca/10, Case  and Fuel Cell

Beautiful miniatures for Marian infantry

Having ruined many peoples day with the Gladius, a UAC10 variant would be just that much better even with the drop from 6 to 5 tons of armour. Might run dry a bit fast if double tapping every turn though.

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1156 on: 30 January 2024, 22:23:28 »
Either AC variant would work well on the Gladius. Or just a lighter fuel cell engine with more AC/10 ammo for use with specialty ammo. It's the same thing I suggest for Marian Hunchbacks since we still use some of the lighter AC versions. The one with the AC/10 pairs well with slower Centurions

FarFlungHansa

• Recruit
« Reply #1157 on: 08 February 2024, 18:09:09 »
I was looking into the Marian industry - I saw on the wiki that Illyria produces ships? Like DropShips?

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1158 on: 08 February 2024, 18:43:38 »
I was looking into the Marian industry - I saw on the wiki that Illyria produces ships? Like DropShips?

Its a quote from Periphery 1ed iirc, and its blue water ships.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

FarFlungHansa

• Recruit
« Reply #1159 on: 08 February 2024, 18:51:52 »
Oh, well, thank you!

Register