Author Topic: Night Wolf Preview?  (Read 32610 times)

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
Night Wolf Preview?
« on: 03 February 2011, 15:03:30 »
Any chance the nice folks at IWM, or a member of the QC group could post a preview picture of the Night Wolf miniature? I can't wait any longer.

Thanks in advance.

Vlads Fangs

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Wolf Empire Forever! Next stop- Terra!
Re: Night Wolf Preview?
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2011, 19:02:14 »
I second that! [drool]

tBanzai

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2011, 03:47:24 »
Thirded, how's the mech looking?  This is one of the ones that I've seriously been looking forward to.  I just pray that it's not disappointing.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2011, 14:56:01 »
Doesn't seem like it's available yet.  I'm blaming the weather.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2011, 15:05:26 »
Doesn't seem like it's available yet.  I'm blaming the weather.

see, i usually blame the education system  ;)
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2011, 15:21:37 »
I can be patient for the release of the mini. I am however jonesing to see a picture of the sculpt...   [whipit]

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2011, 15:26:24 »
i want to see the picture before i buy it cause i have little faith that this one will be done correctly
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2011, 19:51:45 »
Word is that the Feb. releases are running behind schedule. We're *trying* to get it set up at CSO that we'll be able to get the new minis and get them painted up around (or better, before) their release... I'm on deck to do the Night Wolf when it gets here, and have the same hope/fear combination regarding it.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2011, 19:57:23 »
Word is that the Feb. releases are running behind schedule. We're *trying* to get it set up at CSO that we'll be able to get the new minis and get them painted up around (or better, before) their release... I'm on deck to do the Night Wolf when it gets here, and have the same hope/fear combination regarding it.

do you ever get the chance to sculpt anymore? there are several that i think would best be handled by you, if i may be so bold
« Last Edit: 10 February 2011, 19:59:08 by Daishi411 »
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

Vlads Fangs

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 11 February 2011, 10:14:49 »
Awsome!,I have high hopes for this mini  [drool]

OverKill

• Lieutenant
  • Marauder MAD-3D "Guan-Yu"
« Reply #10 on: 11 February 2011, 12:19:24 »
I honestly didn't know anything about this mech until I saw this post and so I went to Sarna and looked it up. I tend to agree. This is a mech that has a LOT of detail and a LOT of surface that needs to be detailed. I'm not quite sure how this would come out of a mold!
Colonel Mason Grimm
Grimm Reaper Company (Grimm's Reapers)
Piloting: Marauder MAD-3D - Guan-Yu
We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye!

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2011, 12:31:18 »
I honestly didn't know anything about this mech until I saw this post and so I went to Sarna and looked it up. I tend to agree. This is a mech that has a LOT of detail and a LOT of surface that needs to be detailed. I'm not quite sure how this would come out of a mold!

You should buy TRO 3085, you could find out a lot about this 'Mech there.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: 11 February 2011, 13:07:10 »

Perhaps then you would be able to give us a quick preview of the miniature before painting it?

I can't wait to see what you do with the scheme selection. You should maybe have the community vote?

I would like to see your take on ether the Golden Keshik, or the Grey Keshik.   

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: 11 February 2011, 14:04:44 »
do you ever get the chance to sculpt anymore? there are several that i think would best be handled by you, if i may be so bold

If things line up for a project, then yes.

Perhaps then you would be able to give us a quick preview of the miniature before painting it?

I'm loathe to do that because it's exactly what we're trying to get away from; unfinished minis as the only image giving a poor first impression of a new piece. When it does arrive, it will get priority for painting, and that's about all I'm willing to commit to. If I remember at the time, I'll try to snap some pics of the parts and assembled mini, to post at the same time as the painted pics... If I forget, well, you can expect an honest assessment of the mini afterward, possibly tempered for public  consumption.  ;) For the scheme, I've got a couple thoughts, which may go down to the point of pulling out paints before the final decision is made, and they aren't up for debate or vote either.  :)

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #14 on: 11 February 2011, 14:17:31 »
If things line up for a project, then yes.

I'm loathe to do that because it's exactly what we're trying to get away from; unfinished minis as the only image giving a poor first impression of a new piece. When it does arrive, it will get priority for painting, and that's about all I'm willing to commit to. If I remember at the time, I'll try to snap some pics of the parts and assembled mini, to post at the same time as the painted pics... If I forget, well, you can expect an honest assessment of the mini afterward, possibly tempered for public  consumption.  ;) For the scheme, I've got a couple thoughts, which may go down to the point of pulling out paints before the final decision is made, and they aren't up for debate or vote either.  :)

yeah, last thing I need is another Flamberge nitpick
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2011, 18:54:36 »
I'm loathe to do that because it's exactly what we're trying to get away from; unfinished minis as the only image giving a poor first impression of a new piece.

Say no more. I completely understand. I will wait patiently for the painted pictures of the Night Wolf. Thanks for the insight. 

tBanzai

• Private
« Reply #16 on: 12 February 2011, 05:14:27 »

And this is why we use CAD to prototype the art even if you do ultimately hand-sculpt the model.  Perfect proportions, no detail missed or misrepresented.  There wouldn't have been any "nitpicks" on the Flamberge or Karhu to begin with.

Regardless, still looking forward to the Night Wolf.  With that much detail, there's no way the thing's going to disappoint even if the proportions are a little wonky.

Vlads Fangs

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 23 February 2011, 17:52:17 »
 [watch]

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 23 February 2011, 18:10:02 »
Guess the local store owner is a bit different, then... He prefers the pictures to be unpainted, so he doesn't have disappointed customers asking why they didn't come pre-painted... :-\

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #19 on: 23 February 2011, 18:29:43 »
I think the idea is to get the painted pics out first. To get a positive vibe flowing. Not to altogether do away with unpainted photos... *shrug*

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #20 on: 23 February 2011, 19:42:13 »
Guess the local store owner is a bit different, then... He prefers the pictures to be unpainted, so he doesn't have disappointed customers asking why they didn't come pre-painted... :-\

It's called marketing.
Do those customers ask why the minis aren't pre-assembled too?

I'm going to assume there's more to it than just a few people relatively new to gaming that don't understand the differences between games and minis.

PS - no sign of the Night Wolf yet.

Vlads Fangs

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 23 February 2011, 20:26:27 »
 O0 [watch]  (I am going to be the same way when the MK IV Madcat is due) [watch]

Sawbones12

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: 23 February 2011, 20:30:27 »
Night Wolf sculpted -- needed some minor tweaks before release -- should be very soon.  Koschei sculpted -- needed more work -- should be soon as well.  Winston Combat Vehicle sculpted -- only had a brief chance to look at images of it -- something seemed off but I couldn't properly address it in the time before I left on a trip  ( also had a computer problem -- was without one from February 14th-22nd ).  I noted my vague concerns and left it to others to identify them and suggest corrections -- I have no idea about the outcome at this point.

Rob

Vlads Fangs

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 24 February 2011, 05:48:45 »
 [cheers]

GhostBear_TomeGurdel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Apparently, it is all my fault!
« Reply #24 on: 26 February 2011, 21:52:53 »
So, I was down visiting the guys down at IWM, and I got to see the Night Wolf. I am very pleased with how it looks and look forward to seeing what Psycho can do with it.

Craig "GhostBear_TomeGurdel" Tome (formerly azhael)

Catalyst Demo Team Agent #335
Former WizKids Battlemaster
I aim to misbehave!

Werewolf

• Sergeant
  • CWN ANNWN
    • Thomas S. Wolf - Portfolio
« Reply #25 on: 27 February 2011, 08:43:26 »
So, I was down visiting the guys down at IWM, and I got to see the Night Wolf. I am very pleased with how it looks and look forward to seeing what Psycho can do with it.

Now that you're saying this I can have faith again. :)
And yes, before you ask, I'm eagerly awaiting the Night Wolf. :)
Cpt. Samoth Ze'ev
Unit: CŴN ANNWN, Spectre Company, Command Lance
'Mech: PKP-!A Peacekeeper

Vlads Fangs

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 27 February 2011, 17:52:57 »
The only concern I had were the foot of the Night Wolf.I feel better some people have seen it,Cant wait to buy 2  [drool] O0

Thoth

• Corporal
« Reply #27 on: 01 March 2011, 13:18:26 »
I've been looking forward to seeing this mech as well. Psycho does an awesome job, so I can't wait!

Any word?

Star Colonel Thoth Kerensky, Clan Wolf

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #28 on: 01 March 2011, 16:12:53 »
Haha...look at all us Wolves foaming at the mouth. You'd think we were talking about who gets the last of the Jade Turkey samiches' or something...

Vlads Fangs

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 01 March 2011, 19:25:59 »
You think this is bad? Wait till theres talk of the War Wolf and Wulfen and Blood Reaper,then it will get bad  [notworthy] [notworthy] [drool] [drool]

Register