Author Topic: I need to be slapped some days.  (Read 1589 times)

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
I need to be slapped some days.
« on: 24 October 2011, 22:54:52 »
 I been ahving issues getting some of my anime  files to play recently  I thoguht it was just the one copy but it seems like a  lot of the other sub  files won't play either. So dumby me  formated the harddrive and reloaded windows & thinking I had some files get screwed up.  well  the problems seems to be that most the translaters  and such have changed the format that works.
 I am talking about Matroska  type files, which is strange since  a few months ago they would play fine for me  ( I updated, and replaced all the codec  and still same issue.) I can watch some  but other  won't work at all.  this has annoyed me so much I didn't even think to sdave  my fav  web pages lol so I got ot look and see if they on a usb drive  or some thing.

Wombat

• Captain
Re: I need to be slapped some days.
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2011, 06:53:06 »
Agreed.

**SLAP!!**
"Remember gweilo, you suck when you are nervous." - James Hong

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Re: I need to be slapped some days.
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2011, 08:21:32 »
Yeah, most fansubbers are moving to the more compact 10bit encoding for .mkv, because .mkv isn't a big enough pain in the ass to begin with.  The fansub community definitely contains way too many elitist primadonnas more interested in touting their tech-savvy and polishing their "e-peen" than actually providing subs to the community.

Register