Author Topic: Avengers Infinity war  (Read 8883 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: Avengers Infinity war
« Reply #30 on: 27 March 2018, 00:20:20 »
The destruction of Mjolner would make a Thor legacy character problematic.  Maybe Captain Marvel would just take over his role on the team, since she's also getting introduced in Infinity War?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #31 on: 27 March 2018, 01:59:20 »
I had a work around
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

Recklessfireball1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 27 March 2018, 11:01:58 »
I'm fine either way.  They've all been killed off before.  They all come back.  It's what comic book characters do.  It's sort of a non-issue for me.

Really, I just want out of comic book movies what I wanted out of comic books as a kid; people in crazy costumes saying witty taglines and clobbering each other with super strength and amazing powers.    :rockon:

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #33 on: 27 March 2018, 11:49:58 »
I'd love to see the Big 3 killed off. 

Of course, I'd do it in a way that those 3 sub-franchises get rebooted with new heroes taking up those roles, ala the comics (yes I am suggesting a girl-Thor)
Yes on the kill, and a please no on the reboot. I think it is a bad idea to use forced and weak derivatives. 
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #34 on: 27 March 2018, 17:09:43 »
Yes on the kill, and a please no on the reboot. I think it is a bad idea to use forced and weak derivatives.
I think you're right. It (sort of) works in the comics because they need to keep a subscription going. I don't think it will work in the movies because, as many MCU movies as there are, the individual character movies are few and far in-between. There are so many great superheroes that could be brought into the MCU to replace them (without becoming them).

Banzai

• Major
  • Team Banzai visits Jurassic Park.
« Reply #35 on: 29 March 2018, 17:37:40 »
I would love to see a film based on Silver-age Superman.   Weird Super powers and weirder plots.  Super Ventriloquism is the most underrated power ever...

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 29 March 2018, 17:43:39 »
I would love to see a film based on Silver-age Superman.   Weird Super powers and weirder plots.  Super Ventriloquism is the most underrated power ever...
Well that might work as a comedy.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #37 on: 29 March 2018, 21:43:07 »
DC filming a goofy Silver Age comedy would certainly be an improvement over their endless dark, color-washed films.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #38 on: 29 March 2018, 21:44:24 »
most things would certainly be an improvement over their endless dark, color-washed films.

Fixed
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 30 March 2018, 13:03:43 »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

This thread had just heavily pruned. Most of the posts were fine, just quoted a post or two that were problematic.

I'm going to point everyone at the Last Jedi thread. See it's locked? If the discussing of topics keep devolving into sexist arguments we're going to keep warning people and locking threads.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Banzai

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 30 March 2018, 13:31:34 »
Or Silver Age Batman, which made the '60s Batman look like *The Dark Knight.*  My favorite was where the villains of Gotham got together and decided to trick Batman into getting married, which, of course, would end his crime fighting career as he settled down.  Hilarity ensues. 

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #41 on: 30 March 2018, 13:53:34 »
I'd love to see the Big 3 killed off. 

Of course, I'd do it in a way that those 3 sub-franchises get rebooted with new heroes taking up those roles, ala the comics (yes I am suggesting a girl-Thor)

That's probably what they have planned. Bucky takes over as cap seems so obvious.

Honestly, though, Cap's already died, once, and he's put himself on the line enough times. He's done the sacrifice play. I'd rather see them retire Rogers in some fashion.  Like have him lose the serum and turn old of a sudden.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #42 on: 30 March 2018, 14:07:13 »
Or just have him retire from field work, become the new director of SHIELD, and start dating Sharon Carter.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 30 March 2018, 14:09:14 »
I actually have a gripe with the MCU - I've just made a run through the Captain America Arc, and they set up threads that have yet to be resolved. So, in my opinion, Caps not done. Neither is Stark. Neither is Thor.

They just introduced Zemo, one of Caps arch nemises, and he didn't get the axe like so many other villains. The Red Skull isn't dead yet.  He fell through a portal to god-knows-where, so he could be brought back.

I'm working on the Thor Arc Next, and I would be excited to see more of the 9 realms and their inhabitants in detail.

Each movie is a very small event when you think about it.  Quite frankly, some of these characters deserve a series much like what Quake got out of Agents of Shield, or the Defenders group on Netflix.  (Aside: I so want to see one or two Defenders cameo when Thanos hits New York.  I really do.)

They hint at a lot of other little things going on between the films, more than just down-time. Cap's active as a shield operative between Avengers and Winter Soldier, for example.  Thor has his ongoing number of campaigns to protect Asgard and its territories, which can be entertaining stories in their own rights.

The movies, sadly, only focus on key events, and only tickle the imagination of what might have happened in between these spotlights.

They were a great starting point, showing what could be done with the franchise.  But, I want more of those characters, a more fulfilling and complete set of arcs, and not one limited run.

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #44 on: 30 March 2018, 14:12:29 »
I'd say bring Falcon in as the new Cap.  Bucky's got enough trouble as it is, and deserves a cushy retirement.  Falcon's just getting started in the game as of Civil War, honestly, and is clearly all-in for the Avengers since we saw him in Ant-Man.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Banzai

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 30 March 2018, 17:36:57 »
Yeah, I would love to see Sam as Captain America.  It is comics cannon, Anthony Mackie is a solid actor and could carry his own film, and everyone is expecting it to be Bucky.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #46 on: 30 March 2018, 18:48:37 »
Yeah, I would love to see Sam as Captain America.  It is comics cannon, Anthony Mackie is a solid actor and could carry his own film, and everyone is expecting it to be Bucky.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the "Sam as Cap" arc in the comics was a complete disaster.

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #47 on: 30 March 2018, 19:00:43 »
So Anthony Mackie has nowhere to go but up...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #48 on: 30 March 2018, 19:51:40 »
Not to put too fine a point on it, but the "Sam as Cap" arc in the comics was a complete disaster.

And the primary complaints were things the mods just warned us about, so let's not talk about them.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #49 on: 30 March 2018, 21:54:44 »
And the primary complaints were things the mods just warned us about, so let's not talk about them.

I was not intending to at all. My point is, however, that may have permanently poisoned the idea of Sam as Cap to the degre that Marvel wouldn't try it in the films.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #50 on: 30 March 2018, 23:37:05 »
I'd say bring Phil Coulson back as Cap.  Weirder things have happened!
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #51 on: 30 March 2018, 23:46:09 »
Cap's last appearance and the way he is looking in the Infinity War trailers is that he seems tired . . . he is seeing some of history repeat itself as people make the same mistakes.  Civil War ended with him taking to the shadows, which does not fit in with his 'righteous' position.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #52 on: 31 March 2018, 05:12:29 »
Yes lets avoid that, but also please don't spread such unsubstantiated rumors.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #53 on: 31 March 2018, 08:55:03 »
Phil is only being mentioned as back in the movies for Captain Marvel, since its a 'prequel' of her origin back in the 90s.  But for fun, its also bringing back a few folks from the first Guardians movie.  I wonder if it will also tie in to this Agent's season stuff about the Kree.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #54 on: 31 March 2018, 11:16:02 »
I really would love to see Phil go back to the big screen!
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #55 on: 31 March 2018, 11:31:06 »
I miss Coulson :(

The actor (forget his name) plays Straight Man roles so well. Need someone like him for RDJ and Crisp Rat to bounce off of.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 31 March 2018, 15:04:06 »
"His first name is Agent."

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #57 on: 31 March 2018, 23:39:19 »
Someone else i'd like to see, or even just get menttioned..  Lady Sif??  We saw her in Thor 1, 2 and so far 2 eps of Agents of Shield.  BUT she was not in thor 3???
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #58 on: 01 April 2018, 02:07:39 »
Sort of a good thing . . . because the trio got killed off.
Colt Ward

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #59 on: 01 April 2018, 02:15:05 »
IIRC, the official Word of God explanation was that Loki-as-Odin banished her so she wouldn't figure out his identity between Thor 2 and Thor 3.