Author Topic: Mac's Shieldbreakers  (Read 9038 times)

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
Re: Mac's Shieldbreakers
« Reply #30 on: 09 April 2023, 22:18:15 »
The unit was stationed on Skye for a security job when the 5 of February 3068 an invasion from the FWL hit Skye. Duke Kelswa-Steiner called every militia and mercenary unit on-planet to Skye's defense. Their first mission was to take out and old abandoned LAAF airbase in some swamp and had been bombing the capital with the help of a lance from the Fourth Skye Rangers. The mercenaries caught the Sirian Lancers by surprise and hammered them hard before they could get on track. Mac and the rest of the command lance pounded the standby fighters while the rest of the unit hit everything else. They mauled them and took most of the FWL units down. Only a couple of hovertanks and a badly shot-up Trebuchet got away into the swamp, and some of the Rangers' aerospace boys finished the job the next day. The Lancers were gone two days later. IE wrapped things up quickly, and the Shieldbreaker's got off-planet ASAP. Mac thought that something stunk about this Leaguer assault. The list of the FWL equipment found after the Shieldbreaker's assault was much better than expected. He though the FWL had found another source for equipment, and his leading candidate was the Word of Blake.

We did take a lot of damage during this fight, hopefully the "acquired salvage" will make up for it. St. Lucifer (Mac's Banshee) needs some new guns for starters, The Cyclops and Whammer-8D both suffered internally, the rest of the unit took armor damage. I'm looking thru the spare parts to see what I can put on the Banshee - It won't be stock anymore.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2023, 22:28:04 by Deathknight69 »
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #31 on: 10 April 2023, 12:48:32 »
Hmm..

Praise Herb and pass the Nuclear!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 10 April 2023, 19:12:09 »
I'm thinking your enemies found a supplier named TT the Wobble Dealer  8)
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 10 April 2023, 19:59:05 »
I'm thinking your enemies found a supplier named Mr. Pi the Wobble Dealer  8)

Fixed for you...

Mr. Pi
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 07 September 2023, 23:10:36 »
Well Mr. Pi The WoBblie dealer didn't do a thing positive for me. The unit does still live, Mac's Banshee still needs weapons. The unit has taken flight from Skye only to land at Hesperus Galatea to use some contacts for possible jobs and acquire some more bodies and equipment. So, The Shieldbreakers are currently looking for work and bodies, equipment, et cetera for a few months on Galatea.
« Last Edit: 07 September 2023, 23:42:51 by Deathknight69 »
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 08 September 2023, 21:31:17 »
Looks like we, the Word of Blake need to clean up what the Clans say, " Isola ", Individuals, Supplies, OR LAnd. A hard scortch earth clean up that'll take centuries to reclaim for the local indigenous population...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 10 September 2023, 00:00:46 »
While I'm working out what to do next track-wise, I've done a little rp-ing to build up the unit some. I added a mixed vee lance of 2 Myrmidon's and 2 Striker's for starters, and acquired 2 squads of Gray Death standard BA (Laser) jockey's. Gotta find a Maxim or two to haul them around with. I did also acquire a stripped MAD-5A chassis to find an engine and gyro for until I can get the Banshee re-armed.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 10 September 2023, 00:03:48 »
Rando rolls and a master sheet?

How much dough per roll you burning?

Whatcha got as current TO&E?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #38 on: 10 September 2023, 06:12:13 »
A Heavy Hover APC should do the trick for quite bit fewer C-Bills... :)

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 14 September 2023, 19:20:03 »
Current TO&E for the Shieldbreakers circa April '68;

Mech Lance:

MAD-5A Marauder II, CP-11-G Cyclops, ON1-K Orion, WHM-8D Warhammer, SHD-5M Shadow Hawk, WVR-7M Wolverine

Vehicle Lance's;

Fire Support: 2 Myrmidon Medium Tank, 2 Striker Light Tank

Recon: 2 Pegasus Scout Hovertank, 2 Heavy Hover APC each w/ a squad of Gray Death standard Laser BA

This is the cleaned up and repaired unit at the moment...

Stormrider

• Sergeant
  • To each his own unless I'm running the show.
« Reply #40 on: 14 September 2023, 20:02:28 »
We're looking at what track to do next, spit-ballin' idea's as to where and when, etc.

All hail the god of war!!

Avatar by ShadowRaven. Thanks SR.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 14 September 2023, 20:20:30 »
Simple garrison?

Minor supply raid?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: 14 September 2023, 23:03:04 »
We're not sure yet, that's why we're going over idea's

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 15 September 2023, 11:02:20 »
Then I bid Whispersv of Blake in a Trial of Possession...

:tongue:
 :evil:
:angel:
TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 15 September 2023, 13:05:18 »
You ain't gonna bid anything TT !! I forbid you from implementing any thing or things that will adversely affect the unit and campaign !!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #45 on: 15 September 2023, 13:15:12 »
 :angry:

Boo-Hiss!

TT

Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Horsemen

• Four for the price of one!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #46 on: 16 September 2023, 20:14:51 »
We're not sure yet, that's why we're going over idea's

What are your options?

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: 17 September 2023, 02:10:32 »
Run some book track's, do a home built track, do down-time to recruit and build up the unit.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #48 on: 17 September 2023, 02:49:46 »
Which book tracks out of curiosity?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #49 on: 17 September 2023, 11:19:22 »
Sharpens his grinder for fresh meat...

:angel:
TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: 17 September 2023, 16:27:48 »
@Horsesmen: "Game On!", "Golden Goose" or "Full Metal Press". One of these 3 would be the next book track to run. If we decide to do a book track, question is which one to do ? All have benefits to parlay into the unit and will serve to launch the unit to even more glory and prestige !

It's a question of what to do and the way to do it ?
« Last Edit: 17 September 2023, 16:32:27 by Deathknight69 »

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: 17 September 2023, 16:37:02 »
If I parrot "Gannon's Cannons" I'll be doing some serious hand-waving of actual in-game jumpship transit times and burn to and from planetside times to accomplish them the way the Cannons did. Because factoring in actual gameplay stuff that way means not being able to follow the Cannons track by track.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: 17 September 2023, 16:52:13 »
So it'll be up to Stormrider and I to figure out what we want to accomplish and how to go about it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #53 on: 17 September 2023, 17:09:25 »
*Sticks his nose in... Sniffs, wanders around a bit...*

(Truetanker imitating Wombat)

:grin:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 17 September 2023, 19:29:35 »
We're hashing idea's and we'll move on it soon.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #55 on: 17 September 2023, 20:25:32 »
@Horsesmen: "Game On!", "Golden Goose" or "Full Metal Press". One of these 3 would be the next book track to run. If we decide to do a book track, question is which one to do ? All have benefits to parlay into the unit and will serve to launch the unit to even more glory and prestige !

It's a question of what to do and the way to do it ?

Golden Goose was a lot of fun. I've run it twice with one of them being a combined BT and CBT/MW3 RPG. I also like it given the options for the next tracks.

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #56 on: 17 September 2023, 20:33:21 »
It is the one we're leaning towards again. We've tried it before with Dk69's previous units.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: 21 September 2023, 02:04:10 »
"We're heading to Solaris folks", "Game On" will be the next track to run.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #58 on: 21 September 2023, 12:14:16 »
Can you guys run a Solaris game or several?

I nominate Freeborn Nova Commander Pi, 38 male, hailing from Clan Hell's Horses in a SLDF-era Thug- 11Eb Reich edition, Zellbrigen Stables. He prefers long-range but quick and dirty if need be, also like to run cool in battle. Fair skills that are cold calculative, competitive when needed, currently on a self winning streak, follows opportunistic rules in life, be it combat or other. Some say his genetic codex is part Scorpion, part Shark but all Horse.

His mech was a captured SLDF-era Scorpion relic, that Pi isola'd from during a raid, trading in his damaged Stormcrow Omni for it, he quickly mastered the unit's simplicity. Lacking parts to comply with his new machine, he bartered his way to Solaris, whereas the former Seeker pilot became the technician. Currently, Pi has a running streak of two wins favoring him...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #59 on: 21 September 2023, 16:32:26 »
"We're heading to Solaris folks", "Game On" will be the next track to run.

Grin! Have fun!