Author Topic: Might Before Metal: Home of Clan Hell's Horses III  (Read 88357 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Might Before Metal: Home of Clan Hell's Horses III
« Reply #120 on: 09 May 2018, 16:13:32 »
I need some assistance from the Herd. :)

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=61455.0
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #121 on: 11 May 2018, 23:29:00 »
So are people still using the Elemental II (or did they ever start?). It seems still viable in cities and leg attacks, but I was wondering if it got forgotten when the Buraq showed up...

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #122 on: 12 May 2018, 17:58:15 »
Oh I still use them... for when I need to BV sink something.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #123 on: 16 July 2018, 17:32:31 »
Fellow Herdsman, I could use some insight on something: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=37902.msg1429555#msg1429555

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #124 on: 26 July 2018, 02:51:05 »
I don't know why it's never occurred to me ask the community about this, but does anyone know what the officer situation is with Nova'd forces? For instance, in the platonic ideal of a Supernova Trinary (three 'Mech/BA Novas), is the structure:

Nova A
Nova Captain
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Point Commander+4 Warriors

Nova B
Nova Commander
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior

Nova C
Nova Commander
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior

Or, is it:

Nova A
Nova Captain
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Star Commander+4 Warriors

Nova B
Nova Commander
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior

Nova C
Nova Commander
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #125 on: 26 July 2018, 21:44:03 »
I'm not a pony expert, but the old CJF phonebook only had a single command-grade officer for each Nova formation. However since there are so many Novas in the HH Touman, I wouldn't be surprised if they retained a second officer per Nova formation, to allow advancement opportunities. I'm probably not helping answer the question...

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #126 on: 28 July 2018, 13:50:10 »
I think it's more like Star Captain, then Nova Commander, then Star Commander followed by Point Commander.

So for your three Novas, ,Nova Captain command one, Nova Commander, another Nova Commander, where BA CO of each would be Star Commander, followed by four Point Commanders.

TT

Edit: Kojak is right.
« Last Edit: 31 July 2018, 13:50:22 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #127 on: 28 July 2018, 20:09:57 »
Nova Captains are definitely a thing.

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #128 on: 05 August 2018, 05:12:13 »
Just finished reading Shattered Fortress.

We got New Oslo back!

- Klarg1

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #129 on: 06 August 2018, 15:55:27 »
And we got a few new toys to play around with!

Though we already knew about the Nova CEWS, we get some funsies added. Call them hints of easter eggs to come.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #130 on: 06 August 2018, 17:18:45 »
New toys? Also, we have Nova CEWS? Since when?

- Klarg1

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #131 on: 07 August 2018, 10:03:49 »
Are ultra heavy protos like the svartala (sp) still accorded the same 5 in a point rule?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #132 on: 07 August 2018, 11:23:18 »
Are ultra heavy protos like the svartala (sp) still accorded the same 5 in a point rule?
Yep. A point of 15 tonners gets you 75 tons of protos in a point
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #133 on: 07 August 2018, 17:43:22 »
New toys? Also, we have Nova CEWS? Since when?

Just before the formation of Clan Stone Lion / CHH. While it was abandoned by the IS CHH after 3071. IF your playing CHH during the Reaving, you'd wouldn't use it, but if your from Zeta and just after the Reaving, most likely. UNTIL you become Stone Lion, then you can use them, but only in secondline and vehicles at best.

What I'm saying after the Reavings, CHH Zeta had less than 3 Clusters left, and any replacements would have come from captured equipment just like any other isola. Including the Society Nova CEWS, most likely the units are striped out @ 1.5 tons each and costing 1.100 Million C-Bills a pop! ( 1,100,00.00 ) Some might have been left in and not used, but the temptation to target... Well if the battlecams don't record it, or was lost / damaged... >:D

TT

Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #134 on: 07 August 2018, 19:15:39 »
So about the noyan  :beatdown:
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #135 on: 08 August 2018, 17:06:55 »
So about the noyan  :beatdown:

;D

Guys you stopped Hooning around in the desert and took some Ghost Bear Worlds!

Speaking of hoonage what is up with your mech/tanks? They need wheels. You can only do rock and roll racing a little with treads.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #136 on: 08 August 2018, 18:55:49 »
Horse's. You just made me waste hours of my day getting distracted by hoonage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPXW3MX4tio&index=18&list=PLPNsV8IPds6LcjWS1ytZv9xeTDgpbW30x

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #137 on: 09 August 2018, 10:49:01 »
Did you like it Kit? And is that your hoonage opinion?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #138 on: 09 August 2018, 13:35:07 »
Did you like it Kit? And is that your hoonage opinion?

TT

Haha. I always enjoy hoonage. We need to petition to get the Hells Horse's to trial by rock and roll racing.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #139 on: 09 August 2018, 17:35:30 »
And we got a few new toys to play around with!

Though we already knew about the Nova CEWS, we get some funsies added. Call them hints of easter eggs to come.

TT

I'm curious about this statement. Can you explain more?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #140 on: 11 August 2018, 06:55:26 »
Technically, by " new toys " I meant we get a factory world's products, New Oslo among others.

Though they are the same old toys, but now we get more to fill our ranks!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #141 on: 19 September 2018, 13:31:34 »
If the then crusader horses agreed to support the jags against task force serpent what warship assets could they have sent on short notice?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #142 on: 19 September 2018, 13:33:53 »
Straight up Alpha Galaxy's with Beta's in tow.... along with attached ground units of course!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #143 on: 19 September 2018, 13:36:22 »
Did the horses of this era have their spec ops teams already? Also was the gnome BA Only in the keshiks?

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #144 on: 19 September 2018, 14:08:27 »
In order:

-
If the then crusader horses agreed to support the jags against task force serpent what warship assets could they have sent on short notice?

It's highly unlikely the Horses would have intervened to save the Jaguars. But in any case, even if they had, I doubt Alpha Galaxy or their assets would have been involved, since they would have most likely been en route to the three-world enclave in the Wolf OZ they'd just been given.

Did the horses of this era have their spec ops teams already?

Almost certainly, since we know they were active in the fighting with the Ghost Bears in '63.

Also was the gnome BA Only in the keshiks?

Unlikely: it began deployment in '56, so by '60 it should have at least spread to Alpha Galaxy.

- Klarg1

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #145 on: 21 September 2018, 07:07:32 »
In order:

-
It's highly unlikely the Horses would have intervened to save the Jaguars. But in any case, even if they had, I doubt Alpha Galaxy or their assets would have been involved, since they would have most likely been en route to the three-world enclave in the Wolf OZ they'd just been given.

I thought contract bid with the wolves was after the jags fall?

Almost certainly, since we know they were active in the fighting with the Ghost Bears in '63.

Unlikely: it began deployment in '56, so by '60 it should have at least spread to Alpha Galaxy.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #146 on: 21 September 2018, 08:13:58 »
The Horses won/were given their trio of worlds in the Wolf OZ in 3060 per FM:U, but it doesn’t say if that happened before or after the conclusion of the destruction of the Jaguars. I’m inclined to think it happened after, because I’d think the Clans were collectively preoccupied with seeing how that shook out.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #147 on: 21 September 2018, 08:46:16 »
The Horses won/were given their trio of worlds in the Wolf OZ in 3060 per FM:U, but it doesn’t say if that happened before or after the conclusion of the destruction of the Jaguars. I’m inclined to think it happened after, because I’d think the Clans were collectively preoccupied with seeing how that shook out.

Same

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #148 on: 02 October 2018, 20:09:13 »
Straight up Alpha Galaxy's with Beta's in tow.... along with attached ground units of course!

TT

What type of naval support warships I mean could the horses have sent?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #149 on: 02 October 2018, 20:33:32 »
Well the 'Red Pegasus' fleet, as it's called, comprises of a double Binary, Warships ( 10 ) and Jumpships ( 10 ) as well as an Assault Dropship Star ( 5 ).

So I think:

Red Knight
Gold Knight
Black Knight
Mount Olympus
and maybe the Blood Horse

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse