Author Topic: What's in the pipeline?  (Read 267153 times)

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Re: What's in the pipeline?
« Reply #840 on: 05 July 2018, 07:35:56 »
Was the Phoenix Hawk IIC redesigned or variant was suppose to have come out?  I remember jabber about it but i am not sure if it happened.

Yes, a 7 variant was released a while back, and is available for purchase. Well done sculpt...but I haven't seen one painted up CSO style yet.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #841 on: 05 July 2018, 19:19:15 »
8)

Everyone...I know your all excited, as am I. This is the time of the year I literally go broke because I buy WAY too much for myself and my online store.

If we could all just relax a bit (myself included) that would be awesome. Some of the rumors are getting hard to quell, and I'm sure that Speck is being PM'd a lot with questions he cannot answer. I've even gotten a lot...and I just sell for them...I'm not them! LOL. The rumors are becoming unsubstantiated facts sadly... especially on Facebook.

Let's all use keywords like "I hope" and such...until TPTB, Catalyst, and the fine folks at IWM make an official announcement.

Trust me when I say THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A BATTLETECH FAN! Not just because of the end of the suit. Many things this year are happening and have happened!

It's just bad timing that the suit ended when it did because it's SO close to the largest convention for Battletech.

IF...and I do mean IF... Catalyst and IWM have the all clear to proceed with new Classic Sculpts...you can bet your house, car, first born, etc. they are scrambling to get them done for the show.

Awesome! But I also just want that Anzu...

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #842 on: 05 July 2018, 20:07:00 »
Awesome! But I also just want that Anzu...

LOL yeah, I'm trying...sold out super fast. It's Con Season and things slow down a lot, so I'm just waiting for IWM to send me my restock order I placed.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #843 on: 09 July 2018, 14:38:47 »
I put one of the new Phoenix Hawk IIC 7's together last weekend. Pinned the crap out of the hips because that boy has some serious weight hanging off the upper body. Those arms are chunky, and it has pretty much all of the jumpjets. Sucker is top-heavy! Not knocking the sculpt, it is very pretty, but some mechs have issues when you have to make their shapes in the real world.

Didn't get the Anzu put together yet, although I did pull it out of the blister and start prepping it. I won the mold-line lottery with the one I got; It's super-clean. I'm leaning towards the RAC variant.

Another one I got assembled was the Dasher II 3. I have to say, the hands are not what I was expecting. They remind me of the 'give 'em the clamps' robot from Futurama. The rest of the mech is exactly what you would expect in a bigger Dasher and should be a great base for modding into the other variants...just need to find some hands to replace the clamps/claws.
« Last Edit: 09 July 2018, 14:42:32 by sadlerbw »

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #844 on: 09 July 2018, 15:28:45 »
The PP Crusader has orderable fists in the scrapyard that should fit the mini.

I put one of the new Phoenix Hawk IIC 7's together last weekend. Pinned the crap out of the hips because that boy has some serious weight hanging off the upper body. Those arms are chunky, and it has pretty much all of the jumpjets. Sucker is top-heavy! Not knocking the sculpt, it is very pretty, but some mechs have issues when you have to make their shapes in the real world.

Didn't get the Anzu put together yet, although I did pull it out of the blister and start prepping it. I won the mold-line lottery with the one I got; It's super-clean. I'm leaning towards the RAC variant.

Another one I got assembled was the Dasher II 3. I have to say, the hands are not what I was expecting. They remind me of the 'give 'em the clamps' robot from Futurama. The rest of the mech is exactly what you would expect in a bigger Dasher and should be a great base for modding into the other variants...just need to find some hands to replace the clamps/claws.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #845 on: 10 July 2018, 17:22:50 »
The PP Crusader has orderable fists in the scrapyard that should fit the mini.

*mwuah* thank you!

Now i just need to triple lasers to go with em
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #846 on: 10 July 2018, 18:13:36 »
Septicemia / Pariah A scrapyard parts also!

*mwuah* thank you!

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #847 on: 10 July 2018, 23:56:49 »
considered that, was hoping for something more compact

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #848 on: 11 July 2018, 05:47:05 »
*mwuah* thank you!

JP...what about the OP-039 Dragonfly Lasers?

https://www.ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shopping/product/1883-dragonfly-a-lasers-4.html

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #849 on: 11 July 2018, 11:11:52 »
*mwuah* thank you!

How about Locust IIC arms?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #850 on: 11 July 2018, 11:15:26 »
In other news, will the crusader 8L and Raven II make Gencon?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #851 on: 11 July 2018, 15:19:33 »
In other news, will the crusader 8L and Raven II make Gencon?

Raven II no

Crusader - I am hoping.

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #852 on: 12 July 2018, 07:09:29 »
Yeah, Raven II hit a bit of a real life snag in that I am moving. I hope to have it done soon!

In the mean time, enjoy these awesome Orthos by IAMCLANWOLF:

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #853 on: 12 July 2018, 09:29:55 »
oooh, can't wait to see that Shadow Hawk b!
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #854 on: 12 July 2018, 15:32:38 »
Yeah, Raven II hit a bit of a real life snag in that I am moving. I hope to have it done soon!

Angry-Raven

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #855 on: 12 July 2018, 15:48:18 »
hmm, is that as chunky as the TRO3145-CC cover art?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #856 on: 12 July 2018, 16:04:06 »
it's much closer to the interior line art. the cover art is thicc

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #857 on: 13 July 2018, 06:23:10 »
Also looks close to the XTRO art that was the basis of the Raven II.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #858 on: 13 July 2018, 17:51:47 »
And I just realized the Raven II was Q4 instead of Q3

Excuse me for being a dork

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #859 on: 13 July 2018, 18:10:12 »
Like the ortho. 

Will we have the option to make the Raven X from XTRO: CC? the only difference is a couple of winglets on the nose and an AMS on the torso beside the med lasers. I know I would like to have the option.  :thumbsup:

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #860 on: 13 July 2018, 18:13:17 »
Like the ortho. 

Will we have the option to make the Raven X from XTRO: CC? the only difference is a couple of winglets on the nose and an AMS on the torso beside the med lasers. I know I would like to have the option.  :thumbsup:

Hmmm... I don't think that'll be a problem. I will do my best to make it happen!

I'd I can do it without needing a new torso, it will happen. Otherwise, it may be up to IWM if they are willing to make two torsos.

Bits are always easier to get included over new torsos.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #861 on: 13 July 2018, 18:14:59 »
Yes please!

Hmmm... I don't think that'll be a problem. I will do my best to make it happen!

I'd I can do it without needing a new torso, it will happen. Otherwise, it may be up to IWM if they are willing to make two torsos.

Bits are always easier to get included over new torsos.

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #862 on: 13 July 2018, 21:11:59 »
Looking at both pics on sarna.net, it's exactly the same thing except for those additional bits. The difficulty should only be locations holes/pins for those bits to be filled it not needed.  :thumbsup: ^-^

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #863 on: 19 July 2018, 08:22:43 »

Stinger, any thoughts on what kind of hip joints you will create in the final sculpt? The ortho's look great, but this thing is begging for a dynamic leg posture, which would benefit from ball-and socket style connections, but I understand that may not be the easiest, or most popular choice.

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #864 on: 19 July 2018, 11:41:37 »
I am likely going to be doing my new favorite joint, the hybrid ball/cylinder joint.

The concept is that you have a ball joint with a very small cylinder sticking out of the center of it. The leg joint will be a mirror of that. Novice builders have a simple and straightforward way to to attach the legs. Expert builders can file off the cylinder, leaving only the ball point for maximum poseability.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #865 on: 19 July 2018, 14:51:40 »
I am likely going to be doing my new favorite joint, the hybrid ball/cylinder joint.

The concept is that you have a ball joint with a very small cylinder sticking out of the center of it. The leg joint will be a mirror of that. Novice builders have a simple and straightforward way to to attach the legs. Expert builders can file off the cylinder, leaving only the ball point for maximum poseability.

:thumbsup:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #866 on: 19 July 2018, 15:45:36 »

:thumbsup: Me too.

chongobongo

• Corporal
« Reply #867 on: 19 July 2018, 16:49:52 »
Do we have an ortho of the new crusader 8L anywhere ?

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #868 on: 19 July 2018, 19:15:06 »

You are my hero.   :smitten:
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #869 on: 19 July 2018, 19:22:57 »

That's a fantastic solution!
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Register