Author Topic: Too much of a good thing  (Read 1359 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Too much of a good thing
« on: 11 April 2019, 06:34:44 »
Hello every one, I think I may have been playing the clans too much. My favorite units are all clan units. Is it possible that I am getting too much of a good thing. Let's face it, campaign wise it gets kind of hard to pull something off with the clans do to the basic structure of clan society.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Re: Too much of a good thing
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2019, 09:27:30 »
Nothing wrong with that, luckily you have a plethora of reasons and other factions to fight. It really just depends on the era you're wanting to play at the moment.
 Maybe start looking around at spheroid units you might enjoy? I'm a fan of the sword of light amongst other units.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2019, 11:52:21 »
Huh?  The Clans applaud audacity . . . I tend to play a ballsier character when Clan though tactically colder.  I challenged Falcons to individual trials and took secondline machines to insult them.  Heck, on one of the MM servers I challenged a fellow Wolf player about a decision to a Trial of Refusal and beat him with a lighter machine- though b/c of my goading he did bid poorly.  A Rabid Coyote loaded with HE & Std rounds but no ER is a mistake waiting to happen.  I also fought two other mechs of my weight in a Trial which I have told the story plenty of times- a Arcas (3/5) vs a Avatar Prime (3/4) & Mad Dog Prime (4/4).  I lost the bidding to determine the battlefield and thus ended up  in a smaller circle than would have been ideal for my Arcas.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2019, 12:53:44 »
Take a Clan break and play as the Draconis Combine, like Foxx was saying.  Or any other spheroids.  The clans will be waiting when you return.  A faction die-off isn't expected any time soon...  ::Looks around for TPTB::
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2019, 23:25:40 »
Take a Clan break and play as the Draconis Combine, like Foxx was saying.  Or any other spheroids.  The clans will be waiting when you return.  A faction die-off isn't expected any time soon...  ::Looks around for TPTB::

The capellans are really fun to play! Back in the day I would get a rise out of rage by spelling it with a extra P schnehehe.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2019, 13:44:42 »
After doing an op bulldog campaign as the jags I set the next one in the age of war where the pc group started with a company of primitives to remind them how good they had it  ;D

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2019, 16:29:40 »
I think taking a break from just Clans is always a good idea, playing IS ups your game a bit with all the relative flaws IS tech has vs Clan tech
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Register