Author Topic: 3151 IS Map  (Read 6141 times)

Aquila_Tequila

• Recruit
3151 IS Map
« on: 14 February 2020, 03:35:24 »
Does any one know the official/original source of Sarna's new maps for planetary systems but cover the whole Inner Sphere? Been browsing the wiki recently and would love to see whole thing.

Frabby

• Major
Re: 3151 IS Map
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2020, 04:07:19 »
There is no "master map" for Sarna. The maps were generated from a database called SUCKit (Sarna Unified Cartography Kit) that essentially collates data on who owned a given system at certain points in time. That project was called Operation Doneve.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Aquila_Tequila

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2020, 04:15:39 »
Cool ty ??? Shame it's not the entire IS though. Still do love how the faction names are along the borders. Makes it so much easier to understand things.

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2020, 04:42:15 »
There is a map in Shattered Fortress. Although it is 3150 only. Anything after that is not officially known as we are waiting for part 2 (IlClan).
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

HyperionCormyr

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2020, 18:58:25 »
Interesting to note that the Jade Falcons are right next to Terra and the Ghost Bears seem to be going by Rasalhague in this map.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2020, 04:34:06 »
Interesting to note that the Jade Falcons are right next to Terra and the Ghost Bears seem to be going by Rasalhague in this map.

Ghost bears have been the Rasalhague Domionion since the Republic era or there abouts
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 19 February 2020, 05:04:54 »
Ghost bears have been the Rasalhague Domionion since the Republic era or there abouts
Didn't the Dominion absorb the remaining Rasalhague during the Jihad, ejecting ComStar in the process? And changed its name ca. 3100.

HyperionCormyr

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: 24 February 2020, 22:50:49 »
It also appears the Ghost Rasalhague Bear Dominion has lost some territory to the Combine, the Falcons have shifted most of their focus away from the Lyrans and are pushing on Terra (Probably in an attempt to become ilClan when no one else seems to care any more.), and the Republic Fortress looks to have fallen given how close everyone else suddenly is to Terra as well.

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 25 February 2020, 03:32:55 »
It also appears the Ghost Rasalhague Bear Dominion has lost some territory to the Combine, the Falcons have shifted most of their focus away from the Lyrans and are pushing on Terra (Probably in an attempt to become ilClan when no one else seems to care any more.), and the Republic Fortress looks to have fallen given how close everyone else suddenly is to Terra as well.

There was some action on Combine-Dominion border so they could truly lose some systems. Yeah, when Falcons learned that republic wall was lost and that Wolfs were taking action towards Terra, they changed the direction of its main assault. We know that an unidentified fleet arrived into Solar system and challenged Terra.
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2020, 14:48:04 »
Wait, why is the words "Wolf'em" noted near Skye?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #10 on: 10 April 2020, 15:40:25 »
Wait, why is the words "Wolf'em" noted near Skye?

Wolf Empire.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #11 on: 11 April 2020, 08:53:07 »
 Did kerensky's Vision disappear? I remember seeing that in the early Dark Age Maps but I haven't really seen that one.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 24 April 2020, 02:30:16 »
There is no "master map" for Sarna. The maps were generated from a database called SUCKit (Sarna Unified Cartography Kit) that essentially collates data on who owned a given system at certain points in time. That project was called Operation Doneve.

A pity. It really does look fantastic. One difference I noticed between it and 'official' maps are the 'islands' that in sourcebook maps show as 'peninsulas' (for lack of a better word). Kind of makes Faction X's possession Y look more exposed when they haven't secured all the worlds around it.

Did kerensky's Vision disappear? I remember seeing that in the early Dark Age Maps but I haven't really seen that one.

Nope, it's still there. According to Sarna it was originally Qualip before disappearing from the post-2SW map, and not settled again until the 32nd century. Since no other dead worlds have been recolonised (AFAIK) I'd be interested to know the story behind that one - a 'dead' world that turned out to be only mostly dead.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #13 on: 24 April 2020, 11:14:08 »
Nope, it's still there. According to Sarna it was originally Qualip before disappearing from the post-2SW map, and not settled again until the 32nd century. Since no other dead worlds have been recolonised (AFAIK) I'd be interested to know the story behind that one - a 'dead' world that turned out to be only mostly dead.

Check out 1SW sb, it discusses 'dead' worlds and what it really means along with how the list was created.  Odds are it was not a world that was carpet bombed, but rather economically killed . . . perhaps abandoned, but I do not have 2SW so I cannot say though that practice started to end mid 1SW as more transport JS turned into glow in the dark glitter.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 27 April 2020, 16:55:34 »
It seems like building a new map for the area around each and every world is a whole lot more work than building one big map and then taking zoomed-in snapshots.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #15 on: 27 April 2020, 22:01:48 »
It seems like building a new map for the area around each and every world is a whole lot more work than building one big map and then taking zoomed-in snapshots.

I nominate you for the job!

:whip:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register