Author Topic: Your Own Corner Gas Station  (Read 2292 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Your Own Corner Gas Station
« on: 31 January 2018, 22:45:22 »
Some of you may have seen the Corner Gas station I've used as a backdrop for some of my more recent Mech Pics.

I worked this up in Paint and printed it out, gluing it to a block that I had covered in some of that plasticard stuff I got from Mediacom and other places sending me advertisements in the mail.

While the whole station isn't complete, yet - I have to finish the open roof and gas pumps, maybe some trash cans and a garbage bin, and a land plot.

But, if you wanted to make something similar, attached is the Word Document that I put together with the appropriate skins. You'll find a few other odds and ends for other building signs and ideas. Just print out however many you need to make it work and cut and glue to whatever you're using as your building base.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Daemion

• Major
Re: Your Own Corner Gas Station
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2018, 22:46:31 »
I'll be working on a PDF, soon.  My current laptop won't let me save through word at the moment, so I'll have to go to a different device, which will be done on a new day.

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2018, 03:20:53 »
PDF

And a Visual Reference of what I made so far. I'll include updates when I have the rest of the station finished.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2018, 12:16:41 »
Interesting idea to use Paint to size the logos for signs in urban areas.  I was cutting out logos off boxes like Cheerios and Cheezits for billboards and other signs.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2018, 13:37:25 »
I'd originally the same idea, using coupon bits - they're the right size.

But, I wanted less brand recognition and more custom/generic.

So, things like City Water, Farmer's Market Grocery, Corner Gas (Not related to the Canadian show and/or cartoon, but inspired by), Power Star Energies, Cinder Block Apartments, and so on as the whimsy hits me.

Scraplet

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2018, 09:21:21 »
As you mentioned creating the originals in word,  I'm going to guess you don't have adobe illustrator.  Which would be a great program to create your signs in.

Have you thought about using in universe references for some of your properties/signs; such as Comstar saving and loans?  giving a nod to the fact that virtually the entire battletech universe uses the C-bill which is managed by comstar.

Register