Author Topic: The Sohei: O5P Warrior Monks  (Read 97527 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: The Sohei: O5P Warrior Monks
« Reply #480 on: 08 May 2019, 19:47:23 »
Watanabe will be hitting the simulators to improve her gunnery, then.  She knows she's not that good a shot, and if that is how we intend to fight the clans, she'll have to work on it.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #481 on: 08 May 2019, 23:38:57 »
Watanabe, your skill in Mech Melee might not "clan honorable" but we have been brought together to beat them.  Clan Smoked Jaguars showed they don't care about "clan honorable" look how our "Honor Duel" went down.   While being a better gunner is never a bad thing don't forget what you are already good at.

Tanya “Xena” Skrypnikova
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #482 on: 09 May 2019, 04:52:09 »
Exactly, rules be damned now. Its a Grand Melee from here on out. 

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #483 on: 09 May 2019, 13:58:49 »
Exactly, rules be damned now. Its a Grand Melee from here on out.
and as I said in a PM Takiro all options are now on the table 8)
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Ice Hellion

• Master Sergeant
  • Part-time builder of fallen empires
« Reply #484 on: 09 May 2019, 14:43:12 »
Two questions for you all - do you think the Sohei would have bought any extra BattleMechs with them? The Sohei have personnel who can fight in a Mech - should they mobilize them?

No I don't unless they used more Dropships than I initially thought.
And training personnel is good but not risking to lose precious future warriors. I would wait for an isolated target or something like this to "blood" the "reserves".
In turn they tested each Clan namesake
In trial against the ice hellion's mettle.
Each chased the ice hellion, hunting it down.
All faild to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said. "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance, Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1-5

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #485 on: 09 May 2019, 15:08:53 »
and as I said in a PM Takiro all options are now on the table 8)

For the Jaguars as well  >:D I am thinking a Jaguar Naval Force (small warship supported by assault droppers) may blockade the planet while a Headhunter mission is launched but I will have to talk to the Clan players about that.

I think we are all in agreeance than - no surplus Mechs for the Sohei and no support personnel are being mobilized just yet.

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #486 on: 12 May 2019, 04:20:55 »
Just wanna let everyone know that I've decided after going over things on OBT that you guys will determine the course of this battle going forward. Meaning I want to go over what the Sohei want to do next here with Doc Agren, Daryk, Sharpnel, and Ice Hellion before determining the course of the battle. So if you guys have questions about the situation or planet please let me know but beware Bradshaw could be lurking. Him and Gus are going to determine the next course of action for the Jags here on Rockland. So don't give away any secrets!

I do have a plan but it gets kind of boring when I layout every scenario like this. I really wanna see what you guys think is the best course of action on Rockland going forward. Let this take on a life of its own. Should be fun!

Ice Hellion

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #487 on: 12 May 2019, 14:28:57 »
Back to the beginning.  8)

What do we know about the opposing forces (strength...)? What are the objectives likely to be attacked/defended?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #488 on: 12 May 2019, 19:18:38 »
Glad I got back from overseas today!  :thumbsup:

For Doc:

Skrypnikova, I appreciate your encouragement, and will never forget my grandmother's teachings, but I have to come to grips with the invaders to use them.  Only bettering my gunnery will get me where I need to be to wreak the vengeance they have earned!

-Katsume Watanabe

So... just to be clear, where exactly are we with regard to the planet?  Did the jags actually surrender it to us?  Or are we now fighting to the hilt?

As far as 'mechs... if the Grasshopper pilot trades up, it seems to be a natural for Watanabe (hands and jump jets!).  Dropping the LRM-5 would also make enough room for the Blazer Cannon (which I believe was salvageable...  ^-^).

Ice Hellion

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #489 on: 13 May 2019, 15:32:35 »
So... just to be clear, where exactly are we with regard to the planet?  Did the jags actually surrender it to us? 

They surrendered all their planets to us.  xp

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #490 on: 13 May 2019, 16:30:54 »
For the Jaguars as well  >:D I am thinking a Jaguar Naval Force (small warship supported by assault droppers) may blockade the planet while a Headhunter mission is launched but I will have to talk to the Clan players about that.

If they have access to a warship of any kind in system, we are so screwed by our Intel Weenies...  it not even funny
Clan Assault Dropships are going to hurt, but we can exchange firepower.. A Warship, not at and have a good exchange rate.  Plus.. Reminder of Turtle Bay.

But the last I recalled they fell back to their basecamp and we didn't follow them in, so now we need to go dig them out. 

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #491 on: 14 May 2019, 11:14:30 »
SitRep

The Sohei have been directed by the Coordinator to prove themselves in battle against the Clans on their terms. Rockland was selected as their target as it serves as the Jaguars central supply world in the InnerSphere with Clan ships arriving and departing for the Homeworlds constantly. It holds this position for two main reasons - its long relative distance from InnerSphere raiders and low amount of rebel activity.

Clan technology is their target and there is plenty here for the taking. Not only are supplies a sought after commodity but so is their Technical Teams. Remember this is still the early days of the Clan Wars and maintaining cutting edge Clan tech is not a given for the InnerSphere.

The Sohei successfully travelled to system and bargained for a Trial of Possession which was just fought. Using an 'abandoned' DCMS bases as their defense position which held the contested Clan supplies the Jaguars chose a relatively flat grassland as their battlefield.

This map located north served as the Jaguar start point, link below;

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64821.msg1491496#msg1491496

With the next two southerly maps as the Sohei approach, links below;

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64821.msg1491490#msg1491490
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64821.msg1491495#msg1491495

General Planetary Info and Development can be found at the link below in this thread.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56029.msg1388223#msg1388223

Questions?

Ice Hellion

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #492 on: 14 May 2019, 15:48:24 »
Finding their main repair and refit base seems a good thing to do (with eyes on our flanks).

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #493 on: 14 May 2019, 15:51:37 »
Finding their main repair and refit base seems a good thing to do (with eyes on our flanks).
And then bomb to hell and gone with the Jagoffs still in it.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #494 on: 14 May 2019, 17:52:39 »
And then bomb to hell and gone with the Jagoffs still in it.
follow it up with Arty

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #495 on: 14 May 2019, 19:44:15 »
Did we not just win the trial of possession?  Shouldn't they be leaving now?  ???

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #496 on: 14 May 2019, 23:36:07 »
Did we not just win the trial of possession?  Shouldn't they be leaving now?  ???
Well u see, like most pirates, when you beat them at their own rules, they took the ball and went home, and went nope we didn't beat them

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #497 on: 15 May 2019, 02:59:37 »
Right, then!  We'll just have to dig them out like the pirates they are...  >:D

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #498 on: 07 December 2019, 15:31:39 »
knock knock...

So has the Sohei kicked anymore Smoked jaguar Butt?

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #499 on: 07 December 2019, 16:10:44 »
The next part of the Battle of Rockland is on deck after last year's formal Trial went south. The gloves come off on both sides. Should be interesting to witness the type and size of each sides escalation. Could go barbaric pretty quick. 

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #500 on: 07 December 2019, 20:17:35 »
Glad to hear it's still progressing!  :thumbsup:

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #501 on: 08 December 2019, 05:57:22 »
Glad to hear it's still progressing!  :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Arty is our friend

But if a Warship shows up in system we need to E&E ASAP

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #502 on: 08 December 2019, 07:22:16 »
Warships will definitely be a problem... The Sohei need more fleet capability, the Admiralty's objections be damned!  8)

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #503 on: 08 December 2019, 07:49:03 »
Warships will definitely be a problem... The Sohei need more fleet capability, the Admiralty's objections be damned!  8)
I'll take any Warship, even an Inazuma plus a Star Lord or a couple of Invader droppersto move this unit around.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #504 on: 08 December 2019, 21:20:29 »
Escalation has its limits guys. First is what your imagination can generate, two you need the capabilities to do it. ;)

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #505 on: 09 December 2019, 12:52:02 »
Escalation has its limits guys. First is what your imagination can generate, two you need the capabilities to do it. ;)

Don´t be so quick to assume people´s imagination has limits... especially not where (fictional) death, destruction and mayhem are concerned.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #506 on: 09 December 2019, 22:07:22 »
I hear ya but the Clans might be at a disadvantage here because they lack the practice of taking things up a level. Headhunter attacks and all out attacks combining fire featuring their weaponry is usually as far as they need to go against most enemies. Not sure if they would ask for help (see Lincoln Osis responding to the SLDF assault) to escalate things with orbital fire or reinforcements. I feel the Sohei is better equipped for this eventuality with artillery and a few surprises that this PGC just isn't ready for.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #507 on: 10 December 2019, 15:49:36 »
If they have access to a warship, and it considers the PGC worthy of support, Orbital Support, plus well they have us one otherway.  We are trapped planetside.  Because our dropships won't survive Naval Fire.

On the other hand, we can take off the gloves and fight this battle groundside the way we want.  Arty the base, aim for storage and maintance locations.  Speaking of which they are on an ex-DC base.  Do we have maps of it, etc..

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #508 on: 27 December 2019, 09:49:12 »
In our next phase of this battle we look skyward to the aerospace contingents. Love to hear what you folks think about this situation as it develops.

Clan fighters intent on securing aerospace supremacy attack en masse as the initial Trial goes from orderly zell like affair to a Jaguar kill the bandits affair. With InnerSphere forces now lacking any honorable status, by order of their commander, what so ever what do you think happens.

I should inform you all that Clan aerospace forces are not laden with bombs and are in full out pursuit of the Draconis bandits. Outnumbering the female Draconis pilots five to three the Jaguars look to seize the early initiative.

Attacker: Clan Smoke Jaguar

Psi Galaxy Command Trinary
   Charlie Command Star (Clan Veteran)
Star Captain August Furste, Elite, Kirghiz
Pilot Yinza, Veteran, Hydaspes
Point Commander Inazre, Veteran, Hydaspes
Pilot Cerndal, Regular, Hydaspes
Point Commander Vadro, Veteran, Xerxes
Pilot Nakhesi, Regular, Xerxes
Point Commander Zaesh, Veteran, Xerxes
Pilot Ghaset, Regular, Xerxes
Point Commander Rydric, Veteran, Tyre
Pilot Sindrol, Regular, Tyre
   Heavier fighters like the Xerxes make up this Aerospace Command Star for the Smoke Jaguars. While slower than their brethren the pilots of this star are more skilled at establishing air superiority over their opponents. Commanded by Star Captain August Furste, the aide to Galaxy Commander Frederick Ott, this trueborn Aerospace Pilot is a disgraced veteran of the invasion. Shot down over Tukayyid and forced to eject he has worked hard to earn his way back to front line service.

10th Provisional Garrison Cluster
   Rogue Fighter Star (Clan Regular)
Star Commander Lobe, Veteran, Tomahawk C
Pilot Dreven, Regular, Tomahawk C
Point Commander Natas, Veteran, Issus
Pilot Zimo, Regular, Issus
Point Commander Arora, Veteran, Chaeronea (ER PPC)
Pilot Vozen, Green, Chaeronea (ER PPC)
Point Commander Killian, Regular, Chaeronea (4 ER Mediums plus two tons of armor)
Pilot Belinda, Green, Chaeronea (4 ER Mediums plus two tons of armor)
Point Commander Damien, Regular, Swift C
Pilot Ayda, Green, Swift C
   Lighter weight interceptors which can rapidly respond to new threats like raiders make up this Rogue Fighter Star for the 10th PGC. While only rated at Clan Regular skill level they excel at these trans atmospheric intercepts. Older than their counterparts and most always stuck in second line units these pilots know their role in the Jaguar touman.

Defender: Tennyo

Flight 1
   1st Lance
Noriki Sorenson, Elite, Slayer [Takiro] {Flight Commander}
Nana Yamada, Elite, Slayer [Takiro]
   2nd Lance
Shizukana Kaze, Elite, Stuka [Bradshaw] {Lance Commander}
Ju Juan, Veteran, TR-13A Transgressor [Bradshaw]
   3rd Lance
Zuzanne ‘Būmubūmu’ Agnika, Elite, D36b Thunderbird [Doc_Agren] {Lance Commander}
Mariah ‘Pikushī’ Cassetti, Regular, D46 Thunderbird [Doc_Agren]
      Flight 2
   1st Lance
Cecilia Utchakov, Elite, SL-17R Shilone [Takiro] {Flight Commander}
Donna Black, Elite, TR-16 Transgressor [Takiro]
   2nd Lance
Haruka Uehara, Elite, SL-25 Samurai [Sharpnel] {Lance Commander}
Asuka Uehara, Elite, SL-25 Samurai [Sharpnel]
   3rd Lance
Yoko Kijo, Veteran, S-4 Sai [Ice Hellion] {Lance Commander}
Kim Mi Sun, Veteran, S-4 Sai [Doc_Agren]

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #509 on: 27 December 2019, 09:54:39 »
Unless the Tennyo can draw the jags into some AAA, I can't see them winning this.  They just don't have the throw weight to deal with 20 clan fighters.

Register