Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 197089 times)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
lil under the weather, went with this instead of the Fox is out of the Box. if the name isn't good enough just trial me to change it  O:-) welcome to your new home for the next 50 pages,ghostbears ^_^
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Diablo48

• Major
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2014, 17:34:43 »
I would point out that I am first, but that sounds far too motivated for this Bear so I will just curl up in the corner and take a nap.  Hopefully no one pokes me this time.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

MidfieldMarauder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • There's always another option.
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2014, 19:58:32 »
Oh, we're going to be here instead of the other thread? Embrace the future and all that I suppose.

Mmmmm...smell that new Dominion smell.
Dave "Middy" Martin
CDT Agent #880

Author of "Lost Ghosts" (Shrapnel #9), "That Old Highlander Way" (Slack Tide Anthology), "In Service to the Dragon" (Gray Markets Anthology), and the BattleCorps stories "Loyalty's Price" and "Risk of Honor"

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2014, 21:23:02 »
still not feelin so hot Foxx? that sucks :(
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2014, 23:52:25 »
still not feelin so hot Foxx? that sucks :(

there's a joke in there about firefox, but i'm too tired to find it
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 14 October 2014, 20:15:02 »
there's a joke in there about firefox, but i'm too tired to find it

We really need a sleeping smiley for our Clan....

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2014, 05:32:10 »

Perhaps? 

Ghost Bears. cute, floofy..friendly...until they get angry. 
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #8 on: 16 October 2014, 21:05:12 »
Still waiting for the ravens to issue a trial of grievance for making the thread title a play on theirs.

Revival: trials was pretty awesome, was great seeing some old school boo the hellhorses fued. Karl Bourjon actually went UP in my eyes for some of the trash talk he laid down. Also another Timberwolf with Ghostbear colors  ;D
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

ArcaneRaven

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2014, 09:10:48 »
Still waiting for the ravens to issue a trial of grievance for making the thread title a play on theirs.

I view it as an homage.  ;)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2014, 17:40:12 »
I view it as an homage.  ;)

Good, my plan worked then  ;D  O:-)

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 17 October 2014, 18:06:41 »
...Also another Timberwolf with Ghostbear colors  ;D

I love how that always seems to happen. ;D

Also, this is making me wonder what the numbers on that actually are because it feels like every time a Timber Wolf is shown somewhere it is wearing Ghost Bear markings.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #12 on: 17 October 2014, 18:23:14 »

Also, this is making me wonder what the numbers on that actually are because it feels like every time a Timber Wolf is shown somewhere it is wearing Ghost Bear markings.

No doubt; all the way back to ye olde BT Compendium.  For a long time we had Falcon and Wolf material and so little Bear stuff.  The prevalence of Bear art with little in-universe support was puzzling.  But it made me buy Invading Clans and then FM: Warden Clans and FM: Crusader Clans, so the strategy was sound.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #13 on: 17 October 2014, 18:53:26 »
No doubt; all the way back to ye olde BT Compendium.  For a long time we had Falcon and Wolf material and so little Bear stuff.  The prevalence of Bear art with little in-universe support was puzzling.  But it made me buy Invading Clans and then FM: Warden Clans and FM: Crusader Clans, so the strategy was sound.

My theory is Timberwolfs look better with Ghostbear colors/symbols  O:-)

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #14 on: 17 October 2014, 19:53:10 »
Its the only Timber Wolf in CGB.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #15 on: 17 October 2014, 20:28:43 »

Revival: trials was pretty awesome, was great seeing some old school boo the hellhorses fued. Karl Bourjon actually went UP in my eyes for some of the trash talk he laid down. Also another Timberwolf with Ghostbear colors  ;D
oh! Is revival: trials out? Must..get..
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #16 on: 17 October 2014, 20:30:42 »
lol, and yet, with the way the Clans are known to salvage everything forever until truly not useable, I could see that

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #17 on: 17 October 2014, 20:36:53 »

The Bears actually have two T-wolves:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/images/thumb/e/e5/TRO3050U.gif/280px-TRO3050U.gif

Although I suspect there's a third that they use for spares to keep these two in working condition.

But surely no more than two or three.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #18 on: 20 October 2014, 18:06:20 »

Don't worry, we'll extract payment somehow... err, rather... We're such good allies, it's an honour to see such imitation ;)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #19 on: 20 October 2014, 18:59:33 »
Don't worry, we'll extract payment somehow... err, rather... We're such good allies, it's an honour to see such imitation ;)

(He accepts payment in Cash, Favors, and Assault Mechs.)
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #20 on: 20 October 2014, 19:01:28 »
(He accepts payment in Cash, Favors, and Assault Mechs.)

It's the Raven way.  Coincidentally, it's also the Shark/Fox way ;)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

St.George

• Lieutenant
  • there's nowhere to run
« Reply #21 on: 21 October 2014, 02:59:31 »
That's why we're the "Trend setters" of the CBT universe.  ;D

Sry,i'm lost becuse I thought this was the Raven thread.  ::)
"Smoke em' if ya got em' boys,,,We're goin' in"

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #22 on: 21 October 2014, 03:53:17 »
 ;D Then my plan is coming together, speaking of the sea fox way...While i have you all here  >:D *Starts the bidding for use of the alshain shipyards*  O:-)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 21 October 2014, 09:21:46 »
That's why we're the "Trend setters" of the CBT universe.  ;D

Sry,i'm lost becuse I thought this was the Raven thread.  ::)

Your welcome to stick around, the more the merrier. I mean we can just pretend this is Bearclaw and it's 3060 and all that bad stuff in the future hasn't happened yet. We're just sitting back, chilling, and pounding Malavai Fletcher and his Horses into dust.

Speaking of which now: without revealing too many spoilers: how'd Revival Trials work out for us (besides the fact that we all know the Bears got a slot)?

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #24 on: 21 October 2014, 11:27:22 »

Assistant Line Developers favorite clan gets all the screen time??? :) I got nothing on why its a Timberwolf.  Pretty sure you got the only color Nova Cat too. 

To the patient go the spoils

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #25 on: 21 October 2014, 20:53:52 »
Assistant Line Developers favorite clan gets all the screen time??? :) I got nothing on why its a Timberwolf.  Pretty sure you got the only color Nova Cat too.

And that STILL bothers me!   ;D
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: 22 October 2014, 01:46:42 »
And they call us colourless.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #27 on: 22 October 2014, 17:31:26 »
Your welcome to stick around, the more the merrier. I mean we can just pretend this is Bearclaw and it's 3060 and all that bad stuff in the future hasn't happened yet. We're just sitting back, chilling, and pounding Malavai Fletcher and his Horses into dust.

Speaking of which now: without revealing too many spoilers: how'd Revival Trials work out for us (besides the fact that we all know the Bears got a slot)?

grudge match with the horses, Some great smack talking.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #28 on: 22 October 2014, 20:58:27 »
Not only is there more colour art of Bear Mad Cats then any other clan, but there's more colour art of Falcon Mad Cats then there are of actual Wolf ones. Make of this what you will.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #29 on: 22 October 2014, 23:27:08 »
*eyes squint* I make of it you don't know the real name of the battlemech! Its a timberwolf!  ;)

Register