Author Topic: [Destiny] Plot Points in Total Warfare and Alpha Strike  (Read 1845 times)

Inspector2311

• Sergeant
So, on page 188-189 of MW: Destiny, under Plot Points in Total Warfare and Alpha Strike, it describes... well, using plot points in Total Warfare and Alpha Strike.

However, it looks like it only provides rules for Total Warfare, and the Alpha Strike is... missing?  Partially missing?  (I'm not sure what's going on, actually.)  Looking at the Defensive and Offensive actions, many refer to concepts that don't apply in AS.  Specifically:

Under "Defensive Actions":
Avoid Ammo Explosion references location slots, which Alpha Strike does not have.
Avoid Critical Hit references Limb Blown Off, which AS does not have.
Avoid Fall/Crash references falls and piloting skill rolls, which AS does not have.
Avoid Shutdown references shutdown rolls, which AS does not have.

Under "Offensive Actions":
Trigger Ammo Explosion references critical hit locations and heat-based ammo explosions, which AS does not have.
Trigger Critical Hit references rolls to determine whether a critical hit occurs, which AS does not have.
Trigger Fall/Crash and Trigger Shutdown (see Avoid Fall/Crash and Avoid Shutdown, above)
Blow Limb Off references limbs being blown off, which AS does not have.

Under "Spending Plot Points: Gamemaster":
Avoid Fall/Crash and Avoid Shutdown are listed again, with the same issue as previously described.

Were any of these listings supposed to apply to Alpha Strike?  If so, how should they be used in AS?
« Last Edit: 03 July 2023, 18:10:29 by Inspector2311 »

Inspector2311

• Sergeant
Re: [Destiny] Plot Points in Total Warfare and Alpha Strike
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2023, 15:25:03 »
Bumping this.

Inspector2311

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2023, 18:11:14 »
Just checking in to ensure this was still being looked at.  Also, I edited the original post to be a little more detailed.

Inspector2311

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2023, 00:35:35 »
Just checking in to ensure this stays active.

Inspector2311

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2023, 12:47:35 »
Hello, I wanted to ask if this was an active question?  I just wanted to make sure it hadn't slipped through the cracks somehow.  Thanks!

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2023, 23:51:12 »
Apologies, but the rules team doesn't have anyone on it with proficiency in MW Destiny.  As such, right now we're limited to hoping the designer(s) stop by to answer questions, but they're pretty busy with other BT work.  I will see about remedying this lack.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Inspector2311

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 20 December 2023, 22:47:35 »
Thank you!  Of course, I don't presume to be entitled to anything, so I am most grateful for your efforts to satisfy the (perhaps excessive) curiosity of a humble player and fan.

Register