Author Topic: Looking for parade schemes with a particular color  (Read 365 times)

butchbird

• Master Sergeant
  • 'Just a Veteran Lurker
Looking for parade schemes with a particular color
« on: 31 March 2024, 15:33:02 »
So I'm trying to clear a bit of my battletech minis backstock. Didn't feel any expeditivness as the CI KS minis look, well, immensly better then my older ones. Having the old ones painted and the new ones in glorious gray makes 'em pretty even. But since a lot of plastic is coming, might as well paint some of what I already have and I've been hankering for House LuSann and 15th Dracon painted 'mechs.

I'm doing a House LuSann lance in parallel to a small WW2 15mm project, but the thing is I use enamel paint. Humbrol more specifically, which makes it so that when you open a pot, you want to do as much with that color as possible as time allows for that session.

So I'm going to use a teal...or a "light green"...on the pot the color looks more teal like but an unofficial (as far as I can tell) humbrol color palette says that color is actually a sort of light green. One way or another, once mixed with some silver, it should look the part.

So anyway, question is specifically this: What are the 'mech regiments or galaxys that use either teal or a light green with a tealish hue for their parade schemes?

I've already spotted some option with the snow ravens...but I'd rather do some Inner sphere 'mechs for now. Clans can wait, still that'll be it if it has to.

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
Re: Looking for parade schemes with a particular color
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2024, 15:39:12 »

7th Capellan Chargers come to mind.

This might be of use :

https://unitcolorcompendium.com/tag/teal/

butchbird

• Master Sergeant
  • 'Just a Veteran Lurker
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2024, 17:35:41 »
Of great use indeed. Most obliged.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2024, 09:42:44 »
Vince Veturella has a good YouTube video covering teal and turquoise paints that you might find helpful as a lot of paints listed as teal are not really teal.
« Last Edit: 01 April 2024, 10:10:59 by Ghaz »

RanFelsnerAFFS

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2024, 06:52:07 »
7th Capellan Chargers come to mind.

This might be of use :

https://unitcolorcompendium.com/tag/teal/

Just need to be reminded that UCC is not a fully canon source. Camospecs would serve for that matter