Author Topic: Fall of the Aurigan Coalition  (Read 48298 times)

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
Re: Fall of the Aurigan Coalition
« Reply #210 on: 17 June 2024, 08:42:10 »

Raven Alliance is passing through the neighborhood on their way to Canopus so it's safe to say that they can definitely drop by if they want to

Plus considering that Aurigans are big fans of Star League they should hit it off no problem

Starfury

• Lieutenant
« Reply #211 on: 17 June 2024, 12:48:06 »
The Clans wouldn't really get involved with Arano if the Aurigan Coalition disintegrated as per the current canon timeline.  The most likely inheritor of the worlds not yet picked up by the Capellans or Magistracy is the Fronc Reaches. The Taurians really take it on the chin during the 3060s onward so they're not in a position to take more worlds until the late Dark Age.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #212 on: 17 June 2024, 21:28:15 »
The Clans wouldn't really get involved with Arano if the Aurigan Coalition disintegrated as per the current canon timeline.  The most likely inheritor of the worlds not yet picked up by the Capellans or Magistracy is the Fronc Reaches. The Taurians really take it on the chin during the 3060s onward so they're not in a position to take more worlds until the late Dark Age.

We do not know the Coalition fell apart . . . it has been renamed Schrodinger's Coalition.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #213 on: 17 June 2024, 21:45:04 »
i could see the Coalition as it was at the end of the game undergoing another civil war when kamea dies, since she largely kept the place together through will and the cult of personality that grew up around her during the Restoration.

that said, something exists in the coalition's core worlds, otherwise the CapCon, magistracy, and Taurians wouldn't have avoided claiming that area for so long. (as best i can tell, they still haven't claimed those worlds even in 3151. the Fronc reaches extend itself towards the CapCon through the unclaimed region wast of it, but didn't take any Coalition world that i can tell. well, maybe Panzyr and Itrom they're right on the border on the official map so could go either way)
« Last Edit: 17 June 2024, 21:52:59 by glitterboy2098 »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #214 on: 17 June 2024, 22:22:00 »
I agree, as it appears Kamea won but she does not know how to return things to the status quo ante bellum.

I mean the creation of Rampart Company as a false flag operation pretty much screams of desperation.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #215 on: 17 June 2024, 22:55:28 »
I agree, as it appears Kamea won but she does not know how to return things to the status quo ante bellum.

I mean the creation of Rampart Company as a false flag operation pretty much screams of desperation.

plus she doesn't seem to have overturned a lot of the centralization of power that Espinosa had put in place after his coup, just wielded that centralized power in a more humane way. which means unless she could set up the foundation of a strong dynasty (including an heir and a spare and a strong support for the federalized structures of power), there would be something like 2 or more civil wars going on at once.. first between the families over the throne, and then another between those supporting the centralized power and those supporting a return to the old council based government structure.)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #216 on: 18 June 2024, 05:07:52 »
Raven Alliance is passing through the neighborhood on their way to Canopus so it's safe to say that they can definitely drop by if they want to

Anyone with a JumpShip can "drop by if they want to". My point was that the Clans wouldn't want to. The Aurigan worlds are in a backwater area of the Periphery that couldn't be more opposite the Clans and don't have anything to offer.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #217 on: 18 June 2024, 09:51:39 »
I'm really intrigued to see what info is on IKEO, as I have no idea where they will want to take the Coalition to. As I said at the beginning of this thread, I see the Coalition falling either to foreign invasion or inner turmoil, even without the death of Kamea. It is too fracturated, the other nobles of the realm too preocupied with their own interests. But that is only my headcanon, so will see what they have in store.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #218 on: 18 June 2024, 11:50:05 »
Anyone with a JumpShip can "drop by if they want to". My point was that the Clans wouldn't want to. The Aurigan worlds are in a backwater area of the Periphery that couldn't be more opposite the Clans and don't have anything to offer.

Society "retreat" for that never ending cell?

But as is, I can see a reboot, somewhen in Canon... a footnote in an IE report? Possibly a Hook in an upcoming Story? Something Shrapnel? A one liner in a burp?

Who knows, but I do know if enough people talk about it, CGL has to listen or loose fanbase. Especially after the KS fiascos on minis, lateness and shipping issues...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Phantom000

• Corporal
« Reply #219 on: 18 June 2024, 17:04:07 »
i've been running my guy as deep periphery as well.. as a deep cover agent of the Wolverines.

Interesting, could they convince some of their fellow Clan to step in and help the Coalition?

The death knell comes with the ending of the 4SW and the beginning of the Andurien-Magistracy invasion of the CC. All suport is cut out, as the Magestrix focus completely on her war. Seeing the opportunity the TC invades the Aurigan Coalition to deal the last blow, forcing a "devious davion sympathizer" out of the game table. The Tc absorbs some Coalition worlds, and the rest devolve into independent entities, some failing to be viable. The Aurigan Coalition is no more, a footnote on history books about the Periphery as another failed state.

What if the TC's planned invasion is thwarted by a series of deep strikes against their forward bases. The strike teams are so well armed and have enough intel that they are in and out before the TC can even react leaving nothing but smoking wreckage and completely derailing the planned operation. The Taurians blame the strikes on house Davion who are just as surprised and confused. Meanwhile, back on Terra, a Comstar adept with a taste in history notices disturbing parallels between these attacks and those launched by the so called Minnesota Tribe centuries before.

Broken_Metal_Dreaming

• Corporal
« Reply #220 on: 18 June 2024, 22:52:16 »
We do not know the Coalition fell apart . . . it has been renamed Schrodinger's Coalition.

Ray answered my question about it at some point in an AMA or live stream. The Aurigan Coalition is gone. It's downfall will be confirmed, (described? conjecture here.) in the Battletech Universe book.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #221 on: 19 June 2024, 00:46:22 »
Interesting, could they convince some of their fellow Clan to step in and help the Coalition?
depends, do you have the budget to bribe CGL to make my character and his backstory canonical?

because i certainly don't.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #222 on: 19 June 2024, 00:50:34 »
That train left the station with the CI kickstarter.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #223 on: 19 June 2024, 10:13:50 »
Ray answered my question about it at some point in an AMA or live stream. The Aurigan Coalition is gone. It's downfall will be confirmed, (described? conjecture here.) in the Battletech Universe book.

It is the most reasonable thing to happen. The whole civil war was simply too much for a small periphery state, specially one not really that unified. It is sad to think that, but if Santiago Espinosa had succedded in killing Kamea, the Aurigan Directorate would have had a better chance to survive. Kamea even keeped the centralized framework her uncle established probably because a more decentralized state would disintegrate pretty fast.

Maephi13

• Recruit
« Reply #224 on: 03 July 2024, 16:20:13 »
The Aurigan Coalition was doomed from the start by its location. However, I really hope they keep developing the Aurigan Reach area, as it still has a lot of potential and could serve as another chaos march esque area like they seem to be making the Hinterlands into, just with less clan influence while still being in a post-clan era.

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #225 on: 03 July 2024, 17:28:20 »

Considering that Taurians have gone to shreds lately this would leave enough opportunity and motivation to start building the Coalition back together in ilClan era

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #226 on: 03 July 2024, 18:28:07 »
Considering that Taurians have gone to shreds lately this would leave enough opportunity and motivation to start building the Coalition back together in ilClan era

Eh, 3145 they are on the path to re-uniting.
Colt Ward

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #227 on: 03 July 2024, 19:10:31 »
Eh, 3145 they are on the path to re-uniting.

On their way to maybe but nowhere near yet

Plus considering what a single mercenary outfit was able to do to them I don't think they will be stretching their legs anywhere far from home anytime soon after rogering of that magnitude

Especially as far as Auriga

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #228 on: 03 July 2024, 20:27:22 »
What timeframe are you talking about?  TC & CP have been pretty quiet during the Republic Era.
Colt Ward

Starfury

• Lieutenant
« Reply #229 on: 04 July 2024, 13:10:01 »
The Taurians are more interested in making gains back from the Capellans and making use of their new ransom of Mechs and equipment from Davion in the ilClan era.  If anyone is going to expand or make use of the Reach (if it doesn't come back during the FourthSuccession War and beyond) it's the Magistracy
 of Canopus and the Fronc Reaches.  The Magistracy helped fund Kamea's war effort and the Aurigan Coalition works as a nice buffer zone against the Taurians in the 3030s and later.  The Fronc Reaches could also see Corodomir as a way to expand during the late 3060s or later.