Author Topic: What is the Battle Armor in the photo on Page 134 of FM Mercs?  (Read 1462 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Hello, 

Can anyone tell me what is the Battle Suit on page 134 of the original FM:Mercs right next to the GDL Scout Armor stats?

It doesn't look like what we now call the "scout armor".

Meanwhile the color image opposite Pg. 81 of the same book is just called GDL Battle Armor (No "Scout" included) & speaks about how they refined IS Standard armor to be more comfortable.

The box of BA that Iron Wind made 20? years ago is only titled "GDL Battle Armor" (No "Scout" included) & it seems odd that they would have made the recon model but not the traditional one till a decade later.

To me this looks like a case using the wrong image for TRO3058U  (Intentionally or Accidentally?)

So I'm wondering what that image on Pg 134 is & if this was a case of things changing over time.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: What is the Battle Armor in the photo on Page 134 of FM Mercs?
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2018, 23:43:41 »
Looks like that was intended to be the GDL scout suit, but then the art direction changed.
It happens.

The solution is just ignore Paul.