Author Topic: Succession Wars status of Mydron Automatic Weaponry  (Read 1309 times)

Terrace

• Lieutenant
Succession Wars status of Mydron Automatic Weaponry
« on: 23 May 2019, 09:52:41 »
According to what I've read about Yeffters Weapons Factory, they produce Mydron autocannons for House Davion under license (and have since the days of the Star League). However, the information I've read about Bithinian Ballistics, who manufacture assorted Mydron Autocannons for House Liao, says their CEO in 3067 was enobled in 3051 for acquiring LB-X Autocannon technology from Mydron Automatic Weaponry (who I assume own the rights). Now, this says to me that Mydron is still around in some fashion beyond their name being slapped on a series of autocannons.

So what is their status? Do they have a factory around that's survived the Succession Wars, and if so where is it?

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Re: Succession Wars status of Mydron Automatic Weaponry
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2019, 15:36:05 »
According to what I've read about Yeffters Weapons Factory, they produce Mydron autocannons for House Davion under license (and have since the days of the Star League). However, the information I've read about Bithinian Ballistics, who manufacture assorted Mydron Autocannons for House Liao, says their CEO in 3067 was enobled in 3051 for acquiring LB-X Autocannon technology from Mydron Automatic Weaponry (who I assume own the rights). Now, this says to me that Mydron is still around in some fashion beyond their name being slapped on a series of autocannons.

So what is their status? Do they have a factory around that's survived the Succession Wars, and if so where is it?

That's a bit of a tricky one to answer. According to The Davion Handbook p172, GM created a new Mydron Weapon Systems division in 3048, after purchasing two heavy weapons producers. It also mentions that the Mydron Corporation hadn't existed since the Amaris Civil War, although its products lived on. GM merely revived the name.

So, either Mydron existed as some form of licensing office but had their own factories destroyed during the Amaris Civil War, or they themselves were destroyed but their licencees carried on producing the Mydron brand of weaponry - presumably without now needing to pay the licensing fees!

Hope that helps,

Chris

Register