Author Topic: Brodie's Irregulars or the Misfits from Melissia.  (Read 18477 times)

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
Brodie's Irregulars or the Misfits from Melissia.
« on: 11 June 2019, 02:40:24 »
History of Brodie S. MacHollister so far . . .

Born to Jacob T. and Lauren M. (nee Danielsen) MacHollister, Brodie had a relatively normal childhood growing up on New Valencia (he was a hellraiser and took pride in causing some discomfort and aggravation to people in authority positions). He was enrolled into the New Valencia Military School for Troubled Youth and then went to the N.A.I.S.(with his family's help).

He graduated and was assigned to the Davion Heavy Guards and took part in the Op Bird Dog raid on Asgard. He was one of the survivors that were recovered. He served with the D.H.G. until the start of the Fed Com Civil war.

He made his way to Outreach and signed up with the Dioscuri. He had just joined the Dioscuri when they - the Dioscuri - were posted to Kikuyu in support of the Sixth Donegal Guards. The Dioscuri made it off of Kikuyu after tangling with Clan Jade Falcon's Delta Galaxy and retreated to Morges. Brodie left the unit and headed back to Outreach and bummed around for a few months looking for a unit to join.

He has come to terms with the disaster on Kikuyu and is just about 90 % mobility / function with his right arm. He still has some very bad nightmares at times, but has weened himself off of the painkillers / rehabilitation drugs and won't take them any longer.

Interstellar Expeditions hired him and put him on a special retainer contract with a few caveat's. One of them is if he could assemble a unit I.E. would put them on some digs as a security force. The unit so assembled would get preferental treatment when being assigned a new contract or given minor sub-contracts with very favorable terms.

With the combat he's seen and been through, He has a decent grasp on strategy and tactics in general and Clan Jade Falcon in particular and What Not To Do when being led by a stubborn Lyran egomaniac social general (Sharon Bryan = Dead).

He's been trying to recruit fellow survivor's from either the Dioscuri on any of the Melissia campaign veterans.

« Last Edit: 11 June 2019, 09:53:26 by Deathknight69 »
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Re: Brodie's Irregulars or the Misfits from Melissia.
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2019, 03:20:12 »
Why the second name?
Looking good so far,except the last bit: why would Interstellar Expeditions hire him? Just curious there since I see no real reason why they would do so and give him command and sponsorship for a new Merc unit.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2019, 04:24:05 »
The 2nd name is an un-official nickname. I.E. hired him to work for them. If he can put together a unit, they'll hire said unit possibly giving it a better contract offer.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2019, 09:38:15 by Deathknight69 »
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2019, 04:33:36 »
I did/do have a minor little update to post. I need to undo the friggin' latest win update to get back to functionality before I can post it.

Plz stay tuned. . .

Stormrider

• Sergeant
  • To each his own unless I'm running the show.
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2019, 22:57:57 »
Hey Gang,

Stormrider chime-ing in. With Dk69's recent laptop issue's I've taken the liberty to start working on his unit's T.O.&E. So if there's any issue's with it please see me in private.

He'll be putting something up here soon. If not I'll smack him around until he gets it done. We've been doing some loose rp-ing of the time spent on Solaris. He's made a few friends and more enemies. Not too many enemies but enough to throw a couple of spanner wrenches into things should I decide to really mess with him ala Truetanker style.  >:D :thumbsup: :brew: :laughing_skull:

More to follow . . .

All hail the god of war!!

Avatar by ShadowRaven. Thanks SR.

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2019, 05:43:44 »
Well Folks,

Deathknight69's started put ass'es into rides (So to speak). He's been working thru Temptown and picking up the best of the worst aside from a couple of Melissia veterans from the 6th Donegal. It's looking like his -3S Banshee will be joined by a lrm boat, a kerensky favorite heavy, a direct fire heavy of the whammer variety, a cast-off russian tank, a large lrm vehicle, a little helo and a magical horse hovertank.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2019, 23:06:19 »
Hey everbody (?),

Stormrider and I played a lil' one-off and then the Keid, and Outreach (Blackwell VIP) tracks from Total Chaos. He totally kicked me all over the field really bad. So since nothing really survived we're gonna re-boot "Brodie's Irregulars". He really beat the shiznit outta me.

Deathknight69
« Last Edit: 03 August 2019, 03:27:05 by Deathknight69 »

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2019, 01:54:30 »
Always happens when you don't have your Templar. ;)
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 03 August 2019, 04:12:43 »
Ha ha, Don't tempt me to fight for that super sexy 85 tonnes of wanton destruction I.S. omni-mech goodness !!

As it is I've rolled a -5S-ierra Banshee, a ON1-K Orion, a Patton tank, a Goblin IFV and 2 Heavy hover APC's.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2019, 05:49:26 »
Hey Gang, I'm just dropping in to say that "Brodie's Irregulars" are currently alive and well on Outreach having returned from conducting a couple of Recon-in-force raids on Keid and Epsilon Eridani in the Chaos March.

We took some naughty pics of a clandestine (Cappie or WoBblie ??) research facility, a manufacturing center, a few hidden supply depots/caches belonging to the parties mentioned above. We left a couple of presents for the current owners to remember us by.

It's now May 3rd, 3067 on Outreach when we make planet-fall. Time to rest, recuperate and recruit some new blood for the Irregulars.

More to follow.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2019, 19:14:49 »
HPG encryption Omicron-32A-Zeta
Start transmission

Master~

This latest Intel has us perplexed, while we have a file on the culprit in question, a Brodie S. MacHollister, we are currently seeking out what angle he has on his actions of late. A special task force of {REDACTED} has been assigned to {REDACTED} to {REDACTED} his movements. By Blake's Will, we'll have our answers.

Until then,
Specter Omicron Pi
End transmission

>:D
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 16 August 2019, 20:00:16 »
 8) :laughing_skull: :violin: :popcorn:
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 16 August 2019, 20:23:09 »
DK69 I think TT has something prepared for you. :violin: :popcorn:
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2019, 02:37:26 »
Well I'll say that I'm channeling some Tt vibes lately so that's why we've rebooted the campaign. Kinda had to - I got real nasty dice rolls in the few fights thus far. Ha ha, Mwa ha ha,  >:D :thumbsup:

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 19 August 2019, 16:44:00 »
* Nothing to see here, move along... ahem. I said MOVE along ya hear?! *

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 02 September 2019, 05:35:39 »
Howdy Gang,

Well Dk69 and I have done some behind-the-scene's stuff involving adding new bodies, equipment, and add'l c-bills. He's been successful in some aspects. Still has to work on some others though, Lol.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 03 September 2019, 19:14:26 »
* Pokes DK with the pointy end of a blunt stick!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 22 September 2019, 05:49:04 »
* Pokes DK with the pointy end of a blunt stick!

TT

* Pokes back at TT with the blunt end of a pointy stick!*

We're working diligently as RL permits to update and put something for y'all to "poke" fun at, Lol

Hopefully I can actually get some stuff to go my way -  :ticked: >:( :ticked: >:(

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 22 September 2019, 15:21:06 »
You dares to poke me back??!?

Hmm... Stormrider, a new batch of fresh OpFor is in bound...

Jurassicly on time!

TT

Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 23 September 2019, 08:58:55 »
Yes I dares to poke you back you old fart  :D :beatdown:.

Whatcha gonna do about it ?? Lol

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 24 September 2019, 05:13:00 »
DK why do I get a picture of a naked person poking a sleeping grizzly when I see your comment. :D >:D :brew:
Growing up is optional.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 24 September 2019, 15:02:08 »
So you want some Ghost Bears to skip all over you, eh?

OK...can do!

Oh Stormrider... ;D

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 29 September 2019, 07:38:20 »
@Tt -> Bring it you old codger !!

To the rest of you, I've been adding a few tankers, a couple of potential lawn darts, some crunchies, a Black Knight, a Crusader and a P-Hawk.

I'll be posting an updated TO&E soon.

Deathknight69  8)

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 21 October 2019, 06:05:46 »
Well I've been meaning to post some news but it's been all bad on my part. Stormrider has really been channeling some major Tt vibes to my detriment. We've started, played, played again, and had to recreate the unit as a whole 3 times in the last 4 weeks. It's been amazingly hard to redo everything again and again and again !!!!

More to follow . . .

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #24 on: 21 October 2019, 06:49:40 »
I was going to ask about the updated TO&E, but it's sounding like it's more of a parts manifest at the moment.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 21 October 2019, 10:15:25 »
@Tt -> Bring it you old codger !!

I guess I brought it, eh?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: 27 October 2019, 08:21:12 »
Yeah Tt, You and I brought it to him good !!  :D

We've had to re-build the Irregulars three times in the past couple of weeks. My dice have really been on point lately !!

There'll be more coming soon.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 27 October 2019, 15:33:10 »
Well now...

Maybe I should take it easy on him.... nah!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 10 November 2019, 01:59:58 »
Well Folks, We've had to re-build the unit again twice.  :facepalm: :flame: :bang:

@Tt - Quit channeling your negative waves Moriarty thru Stormrider !!

Next attempt is in progress at the moment. We're still playing around with Camp Ops for unit creation. One of us will be updating soon-ish ?

There will be a few surprise's in the mix  8) ^-^ .

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 11 November 2019, 00:10:43 »
TT never channels negative waves, just pure evil. ;)
Growing up is optional.