Author Topic: Miniature Presents  (Read 1752 times)

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
Miniature Presents
« on: 30 July 2017, 01:44:39 »
Just a catch-all for miniatures I've given as gifts over the years.

A few CGB 'mechs for an old friend.  Based on the paint scheme used on the madcat on the 1990 Compendium cover.  Painted these this July (2017).
Hayden

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Re: Miniature Presents
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2017, 06:22:29 »
That is a beautiful work, is the Loki the resculpt?
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2017, 07:45:52 »
 O0

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2017, 10:16:43 »
That is a beautiful work, is the Loki the resculpt?

The Loki is 20-326. I believe this is the resculpt?
Hayden

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2017, 10:31:14 »
20-326 is indeed the Loki resculpt.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2017, 10:37:40 »
That is a stunning job and I remember that cover art  :)  May I ask where you got the decals from?
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2017, 11:03:38 »
That is a stunning job and I remember that cover art  :)  May I ask where you got the decals from?

All the decals on these 'mechs are from http://www.fightingpirannhagraphics.com/  They're quite good, the main thing is being careful not to scratch the surface of the decal, but they hold up well in water, and if you use a brush for application, they're much easier.  Note that the checkered decals are large areas from which you have to cut the needed segments.  I used a vernier caliper to help determine length and width of the cuts I needed, and the results here were generally good.

If you're considering decals for your own projects, I strongly recommend B1Bflyer's decal tutorial on the camo specs online youtube channel https://youtu.be/yWxNSIooIF4
Hayden

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2017, 13:09:51 »
Cool, thanks for the info.  That will be the next step up from just painting.  I'll check the video as well.  His other ones have been very helpful.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2017, 20:41:41 »
Heading to GenCon tomorrow with a few good friends I've known for years.  This year I decided it would be fun to make them a few presents.  I just used decals I had on hand, and the paint schemes are fairly arbitrarily selected, mostly stuff I'd just wanted to try out (Though the 1st Night Stalkers is because my friend goes by Kat).  I painted the bases in a dark gray so they don't "pop" as much (I wanted the focus on the mini itself).

My take on the Aliesha's Mounted Fusilier's scheme.  I was never big on the "Blood Splatter" pattern on the hands, feet and lower limbs, and instead went for something a bit less "splatter-y".

Pretty basic 1st Night Stalkers, mainly because the logo has a cat on it, and my friend goes by "Kat".

I've liked this scheme for years.  This isn't a particular Galedon regiment, just something generic.  I didn't have Galedon Regulars decals, so I just painted them on.  And yes, that's an Indiana state flag motif insignia on the right arm.
Hayden

RABIDFOX50

• Warrant Officer
  • 1507 Strike RCT
« Reply #9 on: 18 August 2017, 12:25:34 »
Love that Vindicator!
Battletech collector/player since 1987
Toss a coin to your Witcher, oh valley of plenty!
Listen! Do you smell that?