Author Topic: Warship Race Redux  (Read 89150 times)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Warship Race Redux
« Reply #1110 on: 15 July 2020, 12:04:59 »
I'll give them a Mari-an good time if they look my way!

:thumbsup:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
« Reply #1111 on: 15 July 2020, 16:42:13 »
hey guys... my first attribution to the Warship race has been posted in the other thread. I hope, you like my unique style. I am not good at technicals, i am a foreign speaker... i try to make an atmospheric story out of what is happening. If you overwhelmingly feel bothered by it, please tell. And again... forgive my wording and text. I will try to keep it in the best english that i am capable off.

My doctrines are soon to come and they will be in this style as well. I hope, this is alright.

And lastly... i have no idea how to handle TRO sections yet. Maybe the good persons who will design my wishes for ships will write something or van Farch will comment on their capabilities in some way... i dunno yet. But i will do my best to keep it coming and hope, you will bear with your crazy german.

Hendrik

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1112 on: 15 July 2020, 20:49:57 »
Thanks I decided that the LC was going to focus on force projection for a little bit now that there are so many design choices.
It looks like you have about 3 weeks worth of consumables when fully loaded, so the logistics could be nontrivial.

marcussmythe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1113 on: 15 July 2020, 20:52:52 »
hey guys... my first attribution to the Warship race has been posted in the other thread. I hope, you like my unique style. I am not good at technicals, i am a foreign speaker... i try to make an atmospheric story out of what is happening. If you overwhelmingly feel bothered by it, please tell. And again... forgive my wording and text. I will try to keep it in the best english that i am capable off.

My doctrines are soon to come and they will be in this style as well. I hope, this is alright.

And lastly... i have no idea how to handle TRO sections yet. Maybe the good persons who will design my wishes for ships will write something or van Farch will comment on their capabilities in some way... i dunno yet. But i will do my best to keep it coming and hope, you will bear with your crazy german.

Hendrik

Good stuff.  Fluff is pleasing unto me.  :)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1114 on: 15 July 2020, 23:39:40 »
Okay.... I posted a poll to solve my indecision for this turn. I'm gonna leave it up for a day or two and finish writing all my fluff tomorrow, and then Friday I'll decide.

Sorry guys I think way too much.

Hendrik

Nice fluff so far. Trust me I'd volunteer to help design but I've got indecision of my own going on so probably not the best.

kindalas

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1115 on: 16 July 2020, 09:15:26 »
It looks like you have about 3 weeks worth of consumables when fully loaded, so the logistics could be nontrivial.

Where can I find the rules on consumables?

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1116 on: 16 July 2020, 10:07:13 »
Where can I find the rules on consumables?
SO, page 155.  The bay personnel consume 1 ton every 20 days.  (Quarters burn through consumables at 1 ton every 200 days.)

kindalas

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1117 on: 16 July 2020, 11:45:15 »
SO, page 155.  The bay personnel consume 1 ton every 20 days.  (Quarters burn through consumables at 1 ton every 200 days.)

Thanks, some days finding obscure rules is overwhelming.

I even have that master index excel file to help.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1118 on: 16 July 2020, 13:20:33 »
Hopefully the page 155 you are referencing has been brought into line with this: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=140.0

kindalas

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1119 on: 16 July 2020, 15:10:55 »
Hopefully the page 155 you are referencing has been brought into line with this: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=140.0

Thankfully those rules refer to using cargo bays to hold people and not the rules for quarters or infantry bays.

That's the semantic distinction I'm going to argue.

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1120 on: 16 July 2020, 15:28:23 »
Thankfully those rules refer to using cargo bays to hold people and not the rules for quarters or infantry bays.

Yeah, that isn't relevant here, but no my version of SO doesn't have the errata, so good to know.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1121 on: 16 July 2020, 16:14:28 »

Glad to know we're all on the same page!  :thumbsup:

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #1122 on: 17 July 2020, 06:36:22 »
Same page, different books. :P

Sometimes I wish I had all those errata myself, but whenever, in the past, there was an actual digital reprint with errata available basically free, I failed to pick it up.
... though I do have two versions of TW, and I doubt I bought it twice.
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1123 on: 17 July 2020, 11:09:35 »
You do know the errata is free for download, right?  ???

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #1124 on: 17 July 2020, 12:53:50 »
Sure. But then it's not part of the pdf unless I personally edit it. Which I could. But I won't.
It hasn't happened to me in BT yet, but it's annoying that there's even the potential I look up a rule, only to later find out I've faultily applied it because there was some errata that I didn't know about.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1125 on: 17 July 2020, 13:05:46 »
Cool, just wanted to make sure you were aware.  :thumbsup:

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
« Reply #1126 on: 19 July 2020, 19:18:51 »
hey kindalas... did you receive my private message on the forum? or do i need to approach this topic in an official manner via the GMs?  ^-^

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #1127 on: 19 July 2020, 19:27:32 »
I do have a feeling your story would indeed fit a bit closer to the TC, Sumo.
But still, nice to have you. Pity there's no Outworlds Alliance.

Aaanyways, I intend to have my turn done sometime this week. I know, I'm late, but we seem to be in a low anyways.

kindalas

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1128 on: 20 July 2020, 08:48:08 »
hey kindalas... did you receive my private message on the forum? or do i need to approach this topic in an official manner via the GMs?  ^-^

I just read them.

And you can ask the GMs if they want to do a peace conference.

But I've been pushing the LC on a narrative that wouldn't preclude them from using the conference location as target practice.

But also we don't have control of our nation's policies and decisions.

If we did there would have been no small states left after turn 3 and the TH would have been smashed around turn 5.

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #1129 on: 20 July 2020, 10:03:38 »
Eh. I for one like the THs existence. Reduces the amount of hostile borders.

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
« Reply #1130 on: 20 July 2020, 12:01:10 »
Eh. I for one like the THs existence. Reduces the amount of hostile borders.

unless they go bat shit crazy. as happened basically EVERYTIME in bt history   ;D

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
« Reply #1131 on: 20 July 2020, 12:04:59 »
And you can ask the GMs if they want to do a peace conference.

in battletech i wouldnt call ANYTHING peace... armistice maybe, but not peace!

Jester Motley

• Corporal
« Reply #1132 on: 21 July 2020, 00:43:27 »
A bit of a warning for all-  Work has kicked me in the ass lately, and its going to be brutal for a while.  We lost an SVP, 2 Directors, an Architect, a Senior Manager, and the resulting reorg gutted multiple other teams, and we had less than 2 weeks notice (24 hours in one case) so we're scrambling...  AND corporate just announced layoffs are coming.  So.  The good news is that I have roughly the next 10-ish turns mapped out, with contingency plans for several different paths already in place.  I should be able to modify what I have to fit any narrative that happens.  The bad news-  My ability and free time to check in here, discuss things, or write fluff is going to be severely curtailed.  I should meet all functional deadlines as expected (ffs, now I sound like I'm writing an email to the new management folks...), just... don't expect a lot of engagement or extras.  Sorry, I know there's some outstanding requests on the spreadsheets.  No excuses, but I can't get to them at the moment.  I'll do them as I can.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1133 on: 21 July 2020, 10:24:26 »
UPDATE: Feline Overlord, heir to the Throne of Katnip, Destroyer of Laptops and the Almighty Stinkbox, has decreed that a new computer is too much hassle this month.

So I'm out till the pandemic opens up the public library and all rentals and bills are paid.

FLUFF : The Marian borders are closed until further notice, rumors have it as an attempt on the Ceasar's life, others are death of a high offical, still others of internal strife caused by the recent acquisitions of territories.Ceasar hasn't been seen or heard since he announced his statewide speech last month. Asked where he could be, no comment was the response. This reporter hopes he is ok. For MANN, this is Jo Globstein, evening news.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #1134 on: 21 July 2020, 13:46:54 »
Looks like the Marians have been taken over by canopian spies.

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1135 on: 24 July 2020, 19:45:00 »
I think we have DC, RWR, and PoR turns left to go? 

Smegish

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1136 on: 24 July 2020, 22:08:45 »
DC, RWR, PoR, MH (though I know what he wants, just haven't posted it) and the Terrans.

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
« Reply #1137 on: 25 July 2020, 03:23:32 »
RWR will be finished monday latest!

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #1138 on: 25 July 2020, 06:59:32 »
I can't say for certain if I have sufficient time this weekend to finally churn out a proper turn. I will be able to do all the stats, but the fluff might suffer a bit.
I'm probably busy until end of next weekend.
The turn will consist mostly of "build more ships, get more tech", though.

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
« Reply #1139 on: 27 July 2020, 16:57:00 »
loooooooooooooong post incoming! as usual, all comments are welcome once its there. i still dunno if what im doing/planning will be any good. thumbs pressed, fellow players :D :D

Register