Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 310371 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #420 on: 10 August 2016, 17:12:22 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6636/sternensturm-stm-o-base
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6637/sternensturm-stm-o
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6638/sternensturm-stm-oa
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6639/sternensturm-stm-ob

All of these have unit types of "Aerospace-Aerospace Fighter" when they should have "Aerospace-OmniFighter"

I tried to update the first two and I received the following errors (the first for the base mode, the second for the -o):

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (Model="STM-O <Base>").

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #421 on: 10 August 2016, 18:12:28 »
Woohoo! Broke the MUL! :)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #422 on: 10 August 2016, 20:17:16 »
Woohoo! Broke the MUL! :)

Do you feel like a hero now?
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #423 on: 10 August 2016, 20:48:10 »
They are all changed to omnifighter. You successfully changed the first two. I did the last two.

Xtol: the error was for the log file.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #424 on: 11 August 2016, 07:15:17 »
The Ares superheavy 'Mechs are missing the OMNI special.

Also, if I do a search for units with the OMNI AS ability I get 747 'Mechs, but if I do a search adding the "OmniMech" subtype I only get 720 units. I know the Omni QuadVees don't show up under the OmniMech subtype, but that's only 9 'Mechs. I'm not sure which are the rest. And neither search returns the Ares SH Omnis.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #425 on: 11 August 2016, 08:17:47 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6440/shun-transport-vtol-standard

The shun transport vtol (From tro 3145 cap conf) doesn't have the STL special. It mounts stealth armor.
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #426 on: 11 August 2016, 09:48:02 »
Wantec:
I see the units in question. I'll get them updated. It also looks like the Notos C is lacking the omni special.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #427 on: 11 August 2016, 10:08:43 »
Ares, Notos C, and all BattleMechs with OMNI special but not with OmniMech subtype have been fixed.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Dohon

• Corporal
  • Beware the bear!
« Reply #428 on: 12 August 2016, 06:55:38 »
I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to ask, but, when will the new artwork for the Wolverine be added for the relevant MUL entries?

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #429 on: 12 August 2016, 21:40:48 »
Zeus ZEU-9S2 seems to have REAR 1/1/- ability in its AS card even though the 'Mech does not have any rear-facing weapons.

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5459/zeus-zeu-9s2
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Card/5459?skill=4

On the other hand, Zeus ZEU-9S seems to be missing REAR 1/1/- ability. I believe single rear-mounted Medium Pulse Laser is enough for that.

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/3644/zeus-zeu-9s
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Card/3644?skill=4

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #430 on: 13 August 2016, 17:38:32 »
The Highlander HGN-694 is lacking introduction date but has availability for Civil War Era.
Probably should have introduction date of 3062 or 3063, considering the 'Mech is available in MechWarrior IV and other 'Mechs based on that game have similar or earlier introduction dates.

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5493/highlander-hgn-694

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #431 on: 13 August 2016, 23:59:34 »
Fast Recon Cavalry Point, 67th Battlemech Cluster, Iota Galaxy 
...shows up in most Clan searches for infantry, has the word "Recon" in it... yet... their role is listed as "Ambusher".

Based on the role assignment found in the Companion, shouldn't they labeled either Scouts or Strikers?
They meet the speed, armor, and damage qualifiers (p.135-136), so I'm not sure if this is in error (needing update?) or that all Conventional Infantry units are forced to be "Ambusher" by default?
"Watch the man-made-lightning fly!"  -RaiderRed

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #432 on: 14 August 2016, 15:43:52 »
Fast Recon Cavalry Point, 67th Battlemech Cluster, Iota Galaxy 
...shows up in most Clan searches for infantry, has the word "Recon" in it... yet... their role is listed as "Ambusher".

Based on the role assignment found in the Companion, shouldn't they labeled either Scouts or Strikers?
They meet the speed, armor, and damage qualifiers (p.135-136), so I'm not sure if this is in error (needing update?) or that all Conventional Infantry units are forced to be "Ambusher" by default?

Thanks, went through a bunch of MV10" listed as Ambushers and changed them (mostly to Strikers, some Scouts).
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #433 on: 14 August 2016, 18:28:45 »
Record sheet source for the Wolfhound IIC "Grinner" is listed as Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade Unabridged, Clan and Star League.  Should be Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade Unabridged, Inner Sphere.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #434 on: 14 August 2016, 19:34:11 »
Thanks, went through a bunch of MV10" listed as Ambushers and changed them (mostly to Strikers, some Scouts).

Aww, you didn't upgrade the IS recon infantry even tho they have the 10" move.  With a short range damage value of 0* I'm not sure how they were ever classified as ambushers in the first place ;)

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #435 on: 14 August 2016, 20:53:15 »
Record sheet source for the Wolfhound IIC "Grinner" is listed as Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade Unabridged, Clan and Star League.  Should be Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade Unabridged, Inner Sphere.
Fixed.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #436 on: 14 August 2016, 20:56:19 »
Aww, you didn't upgrade the IS recon infantry even tho they have the 10" move.  With a short range damage value of 0* I'm not sure how they were ever classified as ambushers in the first place ;)

Ambushers just need to be slow and short range (and low armor).  They don't need to do lots of damage.
But yeah, the Recon infantry should be Scouts, I thought I had gotten them already..and clearly hadn't.

Taurianspy

• Private
  • "Life, Liberty, and the pursue of Davion Invaders"
« Reply #437 on: 18 August 2016, 07:35:59 »
Is there a problem with the master unit list?

Server Error in '/' Application.

The cast to value type 'Int32' failed because the materialized value is null. Either the result type's generic parameter or the query must use a nullable type.
  Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The cast to value type 'Int32' failed because the materialized value is null. Either the result type's generic parameter or the query must use a nullable type.

Source Error:

Line 258:   <div class="col-sm-8 col-lg-10">
Line 259:
Line 260:      @if (Model.Units().Count == 0)
Line 261:  {
Line 262:         <p>To find units, start by entering your search terms.  The more terms you enter, the smaller the list of matching units will be.</p>

Source File:  d:\home\site\wwwroot\Views\Unit\Filter.cshtml    Line:  260

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The cast to value type 'Int32' failed because the materialized value is null. Either the result type's generic parameter or the query must use a nullable type.]
   System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.ErrorHandlingValueReader`1.GetValue(DbDataReader reader, Int32 ordinal) +95
   System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper.GetColumnValueWithErrorHandling(Int32 ordinal) +39
   lambda_method(Closure , Shaper ) +1694
   System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Coordinator`1.ReadNextElement(Shaper shaper) +163
   System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.SimpleEnumerator.MoveNext() +97
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +460
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
   MUL2.Models.UnitSearch.Units() +8776
   ASP._Page_Views_Unit_Filter_cshtml.Execute() in d:\home\site\wwwroot\Views\Unit\Filter.cshtml:260
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +197
   System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +104
   System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.RunPage() +17
   System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +64
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +78
   System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +257
   System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +107
   System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +291
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__17() +23
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +245
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() +22
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +245
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() +22
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +176
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() +75
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +99
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +50
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +14
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +16
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +36
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +16
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +26
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +25
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9644037
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

"Bosephus" and "Stumprunner" was not just a man and his mech.  They were a style of play that left everyone thinking about the impact of piloting skill on the game.  Unconscious pilots and prone mechs are easy targets even for poor marksman.

El Kabong

• Private
« Reply #438 on: 18 August 2016, 15:28:56 »
^^ Seconded.
MUL throwing script errors when I try to pull anything up.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #439 on: 18 August 2016, 20:26:39 »
Huh, so it ain't just me?
By the way, i go similar error in Camospecs too.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #440 on: 18 August 2016, 20:33:34 »
It's been passed up the chain.  Thanks.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Wraithcannon

• Master Sergeant
  • Oh boy, here I go killing again!
« Reply #441 on: 19 August 2016, 14:20:47 »
I found a work around for the MUL problem.

If you google: Master Unit List and then the name of the unit you want to view, the link will take you there with no problem.

This only works for units, not sources.
Whomever said violence isn't a solution obviously wasn't using enough.

Planning an operation against the Capellans? Hey, who wouldn't? - Sulla

Silent Jester

• Recruit
« Reply #442 on: 23 August 2016, 14:20:21 »
Was wondering if there was any update on this Error with the MUL?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #443 on: 23 August 2016, 14:56:47 »
No.

You'll learn about it immediately if there is.  Promise. :)
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Punishermark

• Corporal
« Reply #444 on: 26 August 2016, 09:56:07 »
Any update on fixing the MUL?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #445 on: 26 August 2016, 10:05:03 »
Yes, it has been fixed.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #446 on: 26 August 2016, 11:39:36 »
The second issue was just fixed this morning. If you are still having problems please let us know.

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #447 on: 26 August 2016, 15:59:18 »
Regarding the MUL hiccup...

Glad to see it back up!  For the most part, I'm able to run the search just fine.  2 problems have occurred, so just putting it out there to see if others are getting the same results I am

(1) Random Search Fail.
Sometimes, after operating a search (general, era, or faction), I can view the unit in question, click secondary links to look at other variants, go back to the previous, and close.
Sometimes... when I click on an alternate variant, it spews back the same Search Error we previously suffered.

I've been unable to duplicate the error successfully.  It happens at random times for random units.  Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, and sometimes it happens right off the bat.  I am hoping its just my IP and lame-ass upload (while the kids are streaming NetFlix on 3 different devices) and not an actual problem for the MUL.  Still, if anyone else is having an error like that, I felt I should post it...

(2) Add Function Fails to add units into AlphaStrike Force Builder.
Tested this multiple times, clicking the "Add Unit" function on the line with a unit found using the Search functions (generic Search, Era, or Faction)
The "added" units are only added to the Standard Force list, but when I select "AS Builder" from the submenu under "Force" nothing appears in the roster.

Units may still be searched and added under the AS Force Builder normally; Skill ups and Print function remains normal (or at least, pre-hiccup normal; still spits out BV table for AlphaStrike Cards)
"Watch the man-made-lightning fly!"  -RaiderRed

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #448 on: 28 August 2016, 20:37:28 »
The Dasher II 4 has Hardened Armor and a nominal walk speed of 7.  I think there might be an issue with the conversion here, since it probably shouldn't be able to maintain full ground speed.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #449 on: 01 September 2016, 16:07:43 »
The Koshi 3 has MASC, but this is not reflected in its MV.  MV should be 18" (14" base x 1.25 = 17.5, rounds to nearest whole number).  TMM does not change, DIR does not change, adjusted PV should remain 19 (increase of 0.5 points for movement, previous total was 18.75 thanks to the 3.5 from movement and 0.25 from LTAG.  Total comes up to 19.25, rounds down to 19).
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Register