Author Topic: Chaos Campaign rules  (Read 1724 times)

Phoenix

• Private
Chaos Campaign rules
« on: 08 October 2015, 12:37:08 »
Does the free Chaos Campaign download have the most up-to-date rules available? Or has it been replaced by a more recent book (Total Chaos, Turning Point e-pubs, etc)?

A friend and I want to start a new Alpha Strike-based campaign and I thought this system would be the easiest way for us to do it.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Chaos Campaign rules
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2015, 12:56:30 »
The Alpha Strike rulebook has a Campaign system based on Chaos Campaign, and is more recent that any of the other Chaos Campaign based products.

Total Chaos is more recent and has changes/updates not in the free Chaos Campaign download.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Phoenix

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2015, 13:04:38 »
Thanks for the info. I bought the Alpha Strike book recently, but obviously need to take a closer look at it. Completely missed the campaign section in it.

FixDis

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2024, 17:27:03 »
Is Total Chaos still the most up-to-date version of the Chaos Campaign ruleset in 2024?

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2024, 17:55:56 »
Is Total Chaos still the most up-to-date version of the Chaos Campaign ruleset in 2024?
No, that can be found in Campaign Operations.

Brym

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2024, 10:36:52 »
Thanks for the info. I bought the Alpha Strike book recently, but obviously need to take a closer look at it. Completely missed the campaign section in it.

You probably missed it because it isn’t there, at least if you are referring to the current, in print Alpha Strike: Commander’s Edition. The older, out of print, original Alpha Strike book had the chaos campaign material in it. The also out of print Alpha Strike companion has some addition rules for maintenance, repair, and salvage. Both those books can still be purchased as PDFs on DriveThruRPG.

Alpha Strike-compatible Chaos Campaign rules have most recently (I believe) been featured in the Battle of Tukkayid book.

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2024, 10:14:32 »
You probably missed it because it isn’t there, at least if you are referring to the current, in print Alpha Strike: Commander’s Edition. The older, out of print, original Alpha Strike book had the chaos campaign material in it. The also out of print Alpha Strike companion has some addition rules for maintenance, repair, and salvage. Both those books can still be purchased as PDFs on DriveThruRPG.

Alpha Strike-compatible Chaos Campaign rules have most recently (I believe) been featured in the Battle of Tukkayid book.

Ah, I thought that!