Author Topic: Do Motorized Infantry Units get the +1MP bonus from Pavement?  (Read 2400 times)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
A question - I see in the rules that Pavement movement confers an extra movement point to vehicles that start on and stay on pavement during their movement.  Does this bonus also apply to motorized infantry?  (Making a 3 MP motorized platoon into a 4 MP unit?)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: Do Motorized Infantry Units get the +1MP bonus from Pavement?
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2018, 15:14:26 »
Motorized infantry are not considered vehicles so no. Not so sure about Mechanized infantry though, that would make for a good rules question as they are considered vehicles in a way.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2018, 18:24:29 »
I thought there was a mention up in the rules forum that infantry (in general) DO get the pavement bonus.  If I find it, I'll link it (it may take me more than a day, though).

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2018, 19:23:00 »
For conventional infantry (which includes Motorized)?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2018, 19:23:51 »
Yes, but I haven't found it yet...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2018, 19:34:37 »
I think it was this thread, which indicated infantry gaining the road bonus was an "advanced" rule, and thus not tournament legal.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2018, 19:54:02 »
Cool, thanks.  My biker gang OpFor just got 33% faster.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2018, 01:23:08 »
Did not specify the type of infantry though. Still helpful regardless :)

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2018, 19:38:51 »
Cool, thanks.  My biker gang OpFor just got 33% faster.

:'(

I agree with this rulesinterpretation. To my detriment. =)
The solution is just ignore Paul.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2018, 23:19:11 »
Not sure if MM is setup for it, but if the rules might allow it then definitely need a clarification over it so someone can add it in MM. I love using motor infantry, especially with field weapons.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #10 on: 12 January 2018, 23:26:45 »
Motorized has always been able to do things that Mechanized can't do.  (Trees, Buildings, APCs, etc etc)
So I have no problem using this rule to actually give Mechanized a leg up so to speak but not have it affect Motorized.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2018, 18:27:29 by Hellraiser »
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 12 January 2018, 23:45:08 »
That's the difference between Conventional (Foot, Jump, Motorized) and Mechanized infantry. There are more differences beyond just passable terrain as well. Weather affects the two differently as well.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2018, 18:30:09 »
That should have read NO problem doing it, I love typos.
Corrected above.
I like the idea of Mechanized getting a movement bonus since they have that movement type.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 14 January 2018, 14:37:30 »
The problem is you might have Manei Domini trying to get pavement bonuses with a special implant, as seen in this video:
https://youtu.be/vFW8VjiZQ2M?t=7m33s