Author Topic: (Answered) Superheavy Vehicles and Height  (Read 1251 times)

Shenaldrac

• Recruit
(Answered) Superheavy Vehicles and Height
« on: 01 March 2018, 11:06:00 »
Page 378 of TacOps has the rules for the use of Superheavy Vehicles, however nowhere there does it explicitly state that Superheavy Vehicles are 2 height levels tall. It simply says to use the Large Ground Support Vehicle Hit Location Table (Page 206 TW) as the only change and that otherwise "Super-Heavy Combat Vehicles of all kinds follow the standard rules for gameplay as their standard weight relatives." The hit location table mentioned says nothing about the vehicles being of any height whatsoever.

-So my question is, how tall are Superheavy Vehicles?

-As a followup question (if this is far enough removed that it deserves its own thread let me know I shall delete this part and post that second thread instead), can Superheavy Vehicles, if they are 2 height levels tall, use partial cover like a mech with hits allocated to sections other than the turret hitting the intervening terrain, or must they use the Hull Down Vehicles rules on page 21 of TacOps?

Thank you for your time, Xotl.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2018, 15:28:33 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Superheavy Vehicles and Height
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2018, 15:27:56 »
1. As per p. 79 of TO, Superheavy Combat Vehicles are considered Large Support vehicles. As per p. 99 of TW, Large Support Vehicles are 2 levels tall.

2. Superheavy Vehicles would use the Large Vehicle rules on p. 21 TO.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0