Author Topic: Web Page Error Accruing once in a while  (Read 17806 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Web Page Error Accruing once in a while
« Reply #30 on: 21 July 2017, 10:44:48 »
Had two today within couple hours of one another. I just got out of a 504 Error that lasted 40 minutes.

Let us know if you want us not keep reporting it, but its pretty daily.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #31 on: 21 July 2017, 13:36:12 »
I'm seeing them too, at around the same time some of you report them.  I don't have direct contact with the group managing the server now and our conduit is busy doing things but I'll press this again next week.

Keep letting us know if you have extended issues.  If you see one and it goes away, that's less notable.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #32 on: 24 July 2017, 00:08:22 »
I had an extended outage today.  From around 5:30 PM (PDT) until around 9:30 PM or so.  Timed out every time in that window.  That hasn't happened in about a week now.  Other than that everything has been functional today.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #33 on: 24 July 2017, 06:46:52 »
Yeah, it happened me last night as well.  Those 504 gateway errors are getting annoying…I hope it’s not going to cascade into something worse.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #34 on: 24 July 2017, 09:58:08 »
Yep, I got hit by the 504th again last night. Think it was around 0100 or 0200 BST.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #35 on: 25 July 2017, 06:57:30 »
As a follow-up, I haven't seen any for the past few days, but maybe I'm just lucky. (mbear knocks wood to keep the luck going)

When will I learn that fate has no willpower and always gives in to temptation? 7/26/2017, 6:45AM, 504 error received.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2017, 06:11:50 by mbear »
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #36 on: 26 July 2017, 07:02:12 »
Just went through another hour of 504 Gateway errors for 2 hours. Ended roughly 8am Eastern US

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 26 July 2017, 13:15:01 »
I was getting 504s for nearly the last 2 hours. from about 11am - 1pm CDT.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 26 July 2017, 13:52:56 »
I was getting 504s for nearly the last 2 hours. from about 11am - 1pm CDT.

I saw this one too.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #39 on: 26 July 2017, 14:36:30 »
I've been cut off from late morning (10 AM and early afternoon until right now (3pm).

That's one nasty error, at least the forums are intact...

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 26 July 2017, 20:07:02 »
It's more intermittent than that.  I was able to get in at different points in that window.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #41 on: 27 July 2017, 05:46:44 »
Is the company that suppose to handle the website working on it?  My impression is the volunteers aren't doing that anymore.
I was cut off most of the night yesterday evening.  One moment i was on, refreshed my page and bam i'm hit with a 504 Error.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #42 on: 27 July 2017, 05:58:52 »
Is the company that suppose to handle the website working on it?  My impression is the volunteers aren't doing that anymore.
I was cut off most of the night yesterday evening.  One moment i was on, refreshed my page and bam i'm hit with a 504 Error.

As I understand it, that's not a website error, but a server side error.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 27 July 2017, 06:19:55 »
To put it in non-technical terms, a 504 error means the receptionist is at the front desk and trying to route your request but the person in the back office they're trying to reach isn't picking up the phone in a timely manner.  My suspicion is that the back end is eventually responding correctly because I've seen times where the server is slow but comes back within the timeout, as well as times where a post 504s out but is there when the server becomes responsive again.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #44 on: 27 July 2017, 06:22:24 »
I've noticed slow-downs as well. I thought was just my connection having issues.  So there problem with server essentially?  This 504 error didn't start happening until we moved, but the slowness of the forums themselves has been around for months i am judging this correct.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #45 on: 27 July 2017, 06:28:26 »
This is not the same same server.  I agree there's something going on that's problematic.  However, leaping to conclusions beyond "we have an intermittent performance issue" is premature given the information available.

When it's not bogged down for whatever reason, this server is quite a bit snappier and more responsive than the last one.  It's night and day when I'm posting product pages or adjusting content.  Once we can resolve the intermittent issue, I suspect people will be very pleased with the site's performance.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #46 on: 28 July 2017, 07:24:51 »
We know there's been an extended downtime of 504 errors.  I've already reached out about it and will let you know what I hear about what's going on.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #47 on: 28 July 2017, 11:13:31 »
We know there's been an extended downtime of 504 errors.  I've already reached out about it and will let you know what I hear about what's going on.
I blame the Star Adders.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: 28 July 2017, 11:18:41 »
I blame the Star Adders.
That's gotta be it, CGL has been trolling us with the actual identity of the ilClan.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #49 on: 28 July 2017, 16:23:34 »
Whew...been down since yesterday morning...glad to see you guys again... O.o

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #50 on: 28 July 2017, 20:10:29 »
Any word from whomever is maintaining the site?  I think we were better off with the volunteers at this rate..  #P

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #51 on: 28 July 2017, 23:19:30 »
I've had it be intermittent for me over the past 3 days..  This is the first time i've gotten on since afternoon on the 26th, and actually been able to post...
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #52 on: 29 July 2017, 00:53:09 »
about 1/2 the week I was unable to even get to the site, and when I used a "is it up" query those sites said it was down as well so whatever the issue is its been pretty consistently borked.

this was both from my house, and multiple work sites.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #53 on: 31 July 2017, 11:00:26 »
As an update I know  that from -7:30 til at least 10:30 last night pst I was unable to get to the forums

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #54 on: 31 July 2017, 11:31:12 »
I could not get on from Midnight to 6am MST
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #55 on: 31 July 2017, 11:55:40 »
same. 

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: 31 July 2017, 15:35:17 »
I just had a brief 504ing from like noon-3:30pm CDT

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #57 on: 31 July 2017, 23:04:27 »
I've also been having issues, getting in over the next few days..
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #58 on: 01 August 2017, 07:05:57 »
Are the CGL sites on a paid hosting service, Co-located, run from some guys basement???

If its a paid service then someone needs to be fired from that company or CGL should get a few months of free service over this BS. I've seen better reliability from webservers hosted out of someones house.

Kept getting the 504 for most of Sunday.. get frustrating when you are in the middle of writing up a long post, hit submit, then bam.. 504

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #59 on: 01 August 2017, 19:16:57 »
Kept getting error from when I tried to get on at 6PM Eastern until about 8 PM Eastern...

Don't know if it was doing it prior to that today...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who