Author Topic: Cougar Resculpt?  (Read 5201 times)

Star Captain Fiachain

• Private
Cougar Resculpt?
« on: 03 February 2011, 12:04:27 »
Has there been any talk or interest in a re-sculpt of the Cougar?  Possibly using elements from the re-sculpted Adder and making its variants available.

Second question:  What was the cost of commissioning a 'Mech?  $800?  And didn't you get some IWM stuff in return?

- Formerly Star Colonel Amani Pryde.  Star Colonel Amani Pryde died a warrior's death defending Ironhold.

Star Captain Fiachain of the Buhallin Bloodline
Supernova - Trinary Delta, Jade Falcon Guards,
Gamma Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Re: Cougar Resculpt?
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2011, 12:07:03 »
It is somewhere in the $800 range and you get store credit for that. However, all new fan finance projects have been put on hold until the backlog of fan projects can be whittled down.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2011, 12:33:30 »
can i ask what you find wrong with the current cougar sculpt? i think its one of the few IWM minis i didn't really have many problems with
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Star Captain Fiachain

• Private
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2011, 14:51:37 »
It is alright.  I guess I just would like to see it scaled up to current Omni sizes and some how integrate the varients.  Up sizing would make it so more detail could be show so the arms could be better quality than the old Adder arms.  Making the cockpit look more like a cockpit would be nice.

I don't really see it as a 'Mech that must be redone, but I was just wondering if any one else had thought about it.  The old one just reused a lot of the Adder parts whereas a re-sculpt could make it its own 'Mech. 

Cavingjan, thank for the info.
- Formerly Star Colonel Amani Pryde.  Star Colonel Amani Pryde died a warrior's death defending Ironhold.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2011, 09:39:14 »
the biggest problem with integrating variants into second and third generation Omnimechs (in terms of appearance in TRO's not canon) is that they do not share the same basic arcitechture that the original 3050 Omni's do.  while in many cases I believe it can be fudged (particularly with the 3055 Wolf Omnis or the upcoming Woodsman) some designs are too far gone from the 3050 norm to integrate them into the current line of Omnimech parts.

in the case of the Cougar, the if you can figure out how to get it to accommodate Twin LRM 10s, twin LRM 20s, and Twin SRM 4s, all mounted in side torsos then all the other weapons are in the arms, and a resculpt MIGHT be made to accommodate Light Omni Arm parts in the mold of an Uller/Adder
« Last Edit: 07 February 2011, 09:24:05 by JPArbiter »
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2011, 09:21:15 »
Or you could replace the arms with those from the resculpt Adder.
If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2011, 09:29:49 »
WOAH, first i've heard of an upcoming woodsman...nice.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Star Captain Fiachain

• Private
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2011, 11:00:57 »
Wackrabbit, I think that's what I'll probably do.  I just wanted to see if anyone had financed a re-sculpt before I buy a bunch of Cougs and parts and start kitbashing. 

JP, yeah, I realize that and that was why I was wondering about the re-sculpt.  Like I said above, I wanted to ask, before kitbashing a ton.

Thanks for your help everyone. 

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 07 February 2011, 11:48:25 »
Hey JT, if you need some help let me know. Matter of fact I'll do varient for you,let me know which one

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #9 on: 07 February 2011, 13:09:44 »
Wackrabbit, I think that's what I'll probably do.  I just wanted to see if anyone had financed a re-sculpt before I buy a bunch of Cougs and parts and start kitbashing. 

JP, yeah, I realize that and that was why I was wondering about the re-sculpt.  Like I said above, I wanted to ask, before kitbashing a ton.

Thanks for your help everyone.

You're welcome. It may be a while before too many resculpts get done. the poll they had went with the Highlander.
If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

FedCom4Ever

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • NW Classic Battletech
    • Northwest Classic Battletech
« Reply #10 on: 09 February 2011, 01:08:29 »
A Highlander resculpt? That's excellent!

It's about time it got a facelift.
Catalyst Demo Team Member #68
Visit Northwest Classic Battletech on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/FedCom4ever
My Battletech Photos:
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/Giskard01/FedCom4Ever%20Painted%20Battlemechs/

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 09 February 2011, 08:53:30 »
There are a few that need facelifts. The highlander I scratch my head at tho,seems ok to me unless they are going to make it more dynamic and bring it to the size of other mechs its weight class.

For me I just think that a lot of them either need the molds redone or better QC.