Author Topic: Solaris Skunk Werks 0.7.0 Stable Release (Now 0.7.5!)  (Read 20313 times)

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Solaris Skunk Werks 0.7.0 Stable Release
« Reply #30 on: 12 October 2019, 19:41:17 »
I also just noticed SAW doesn't fractionalize Lift Equipment either.  So the list of things that need that fix is now: Controls, Turrets, and Lift Equipment.

I wonder about TacOps options. What about stuff like Armored motive systems, and chassis modifications, etc etc. How are they handled?

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 12 October 2019, 21:33:17 »
With the exception of ammo, it appears to only be in SAW (SSW does IS and engines just fine).  I acknowledge ammo may be too complicated to implement

Can you check this? In 7.1 I'm able to right click the ammo on the Equipment and Criticals table and set the lot size.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #32 on: 13 October 2019, 04:58:39 »
Cool... I'll download the new version today and try it out.  :thumbsup:

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #33 on: 13 October 2019, 06:06:33 »
I never would have thought to right click, thanks!  :thumbsup:

And that trick works in both SAW and SSW.

And thank you for putting in the broader Fractional Accounting issue!  :thumbsup:

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 13 October 2019, 08:21:54 »
np.

I do find one thing interesting. Unless I'm missing errata, the Armored motive system in TacOps doesn't say which way to round.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #35 on: 13 October 2019, 08:34:07 »
np.

I do find one thing interesting. Unless I'm missing errata, the Armored motive system in TacOps doesn't say which way to round.

I was under the impression that in cases like that you round normally (greater than .5 goes up).
« Last Edit: 13 October 2019, 10:48:06 by Robroy »

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #36 on: 13 October 2019, 09:01:55 »
As long as it doesn't use the "or fraction thereof" language, Fractional Accounting applies, so it should apply to the Armored Motive System too.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #37 on: 13 October 2019, 15:35:31 »
Thank you!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 14 October 2019, 09:35:40 »
Well I was able to load up my previous SSW files with now problem.

I have the thread tagged.
Thank you.

Edit:
I did encounter one problem though...

I was trying to load one of my Custom designs that had Re Lasers in it. I get a error notice "setSelectedIndex: 9 out of bounds".
The file opens up still in the older version of SSW.
Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: 14 October 2019, 09:46:20 by Tymers Realm »

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #39 on: 14 October 2019, 10:08:13 »
I was trying to load one of my Custom designs that had Re Lasers in it. I get a error notice "setSelectedIndex: 9 out of bounds".
The file opens up still in the older version of SSW.
Any thoughts?

Most likely you have created a dark age mech with a version that has republic split up into two eras which the source code we had doesn't.  If that is the case, you have three options:

1: Wait until we have a chance to add all the eras that the MUL has.

2: use the old version when loading those files.

3: edit the .ssw file (it's just xml) and find any lines that look like
Code: [Select]
<ProductionEra>9</ProductionEra> or possibly
Code: [Select]
<loadout_ProductionEra>9</loadout_ProductionEra> and change the 9 to an 8.

Make a backup before doing so, no warranties or guarantees and all that.  but that's what we had to do when we updated the master resources over the weekend from mechs that Maelwys made.

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #40 on: 15 October 2019, 11:05:06 »
We pushed out a New hotfix.  This includes the updated changes to Re-Engineered lasers which slipped past the previous BV updates, and an updated master list of mechs. Come get it right here:

https://github.com/Solaris-Skunk-Werks/solarisskunkwerks/releases/tag/v0.7.2

We also do nightly builds of any changes if people want to get in on the bleeding edge.  This might be the only time I announce it here, as it's mostly used for testing and polishing of features. The current nightly build has had the following changes over the stable release:

• Factors Dark age availability when combining availability codes for print out
  • Updated factions for the IS XXL Engine
  • Added The following equipment:
    • Virtual Reality Piloting Pod
    • RISC Hyper Laser
    • RISC Repeating TSEMP
    • Improved PPC
    • Improved Autocannon/2
    • Improved Autocannon/5
    • Improved Autocannon/10
    • Improved Autocannon/20
    • Improved Gauss Rifle
    • Improved Large Laser
    • Improved Large Pulse Laser
    • Improved Long Range Missile-5
    • Improved Long Range Missile-10
    • Improved Long Range Missile-15
    • Improved Long Range Missile-20
    • Improved Short Range Missile-2
    • Improved Short Range Missile-4
    • Improved Short Range Missile-6

It's worth checking out if you want to use new things or just help with the development by testing and telling us what's broken. You'll always be able to get the latest on our release page here: https://github.com/Solaris-Skunk-Werks/solarisskunkwerks/releases

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
« Reply #41 on: 20 October 2019, 12:49:48 »
Insaniac has posted 7.3 Release:

This fixes a bug that caused mechs with the DroneOS to be calculated incorrectly after loading.

The master file has a few new mechs and the new calculations based on the aforementioned bugfix.

https://github.com/Solaris-Skunk-Werks/solarisskunkwerks/releases/tag/v0.7.3

This stable is does not have the added equipment of the nightlies, if you've been using the nightlies the current one is here:

https://github.com/Solaris-Skunk-Werks/solarisskunkwerks/releases/tag/0.7.3.20191019
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #42 on: 20 October 2019, 12:55:34 »
Is fractional accounting working in SAW yet, or do I need to download it to test that?

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 20 October 2019, 14:17:00 »
Not yet.

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #44 on: 20 October 2019, 14:17:26 »
Is fractional accounting working in SAW yet, or do I need to download it to test that?

There have been no changes to Fractional Accounting at this moment.  My limited dev time as been on adding equipment.

We welcome anyone who wants to help, but we're a small team and all of us have jobs and a family that we also have to spend time with.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #45 on: 20 October 2019, 14:25:25 »
Rog, thanks!  Teaching myself Java is about five years away (retirement, and all that)…

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 17 November 2019, 17:35:31 »
Is it just me, or does the print preview have almost no way to scroll down?  Only way I can find is the mouse wheel, but it's REALLY slow.  Like every tick of the wheel moves the preview down about one pixel.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #47 on: 17 November 2019, 19:50:51 »
I don't know... The computer I use it on isn't connected to a printer.

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #48 on: 18 November 2019, 00:42:46 »
Is it just me, or does the print preview have almost no way to scroll down?  Only way I can find is the mouse wheel, but it's REALLY slow.  Like every tick of the wheel moves the preview down about one pixel.

Looks like the width or something is off, if you drag the window sideways a tad the scroll bar appears, I'll add it to the pile to fix

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: 21 November 2019, 13:14:29 »
I noticed something odd concerning standard AC/10s...

Now I don't have AS rules, so I could be missing something between the 6 and 7 SSW builds, but shouldn't having a AC/10 give a AC 1/1/0 Special Ability?

I'm asking mainly because I was comparing two different designs both using a Arm mounted AC/10. The only difference is the one with the Special Ability (done in ver 6 of SSW) only has the Shoulder & Upper Arm Actuators and the one without (done in ver 7 SSW) also has the Lower Arm & Hand Actuators as well.

Or am I just over thinking this?

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #50 on: 21 November 2019, 13:36:07 »
I noticed something odd concerning standard AC/10s...

Now I don't have AS rules, so I could be missing something between the 6 and 7 SSW builds, but shouldn't having a AC/10 give a AC 1/1/0 Special Ability?

I'm asking mainly because I was comparing two different designs both using a Arm mounted AC/10. The only difference is the one with the Special Ability (done in ver 6 of SSW) only has the Shoulder & Upper Arm Actuators and the one without (done in ver 7 SSW) also has the Lower Arm & Hand Actuators as well.

Or am I just over thinking this?

SSW uses old conversion rules for it's Converter to AS.  It's on the list to update, but until then, don't trust it.  Instead I suggest using the MUL as it is authoritative.

We gladly welcome any help in this department, I will have to learn the AS rules from scratch to even start converting it over.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: 21 November 2019, 13:54:55 »
SSW uses old conversion rules for it's Converter to AS.  It's on the list to update, but until then, don't trust it.  Instead I suggest using the MUL as it is authoritative.

We gladly welcome any help in this department, I will have to learn the AS rules from scratch to even start converting it over.

Ok, good to know...

For reference, both 'Mechs I mentioned were custom designs and not any Canon units.
I myself am not a big fan of AS, but I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #52 on: 26 November 2019, 18:53:56 »
Is there any hope of a aerospace units maker being added too?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #53 on: 26 November 2019, 18:58:19 »
I think there are enough issues in SSW and SAW to keep everyone busy for a while...

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #54 on: 26 November 2019, 20:12:55 »
I think there are enough issues in SSW and SAW to keep everyone busy for a while...

This.

If we get a dev who wants to devote their time to get Aerospace we will welcome them.  As it is, today I am updating BV and working on getting in missing equipment once I finish managing the family budget.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #55 on: 26 November 2019, 20:16:08 »
And because it can't be said often enough, THANK YOU for bringing life back to the design software with the absolute best user interface in existence!  :thumbsup:

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #56 on: 26 November 2019, 23:43:41 »
As said, I rarely notify of nightly releases.  In this case, I mention it because tonights includes the updates to BV that xotl released today

https://github.com/Solaris-Skunk-Werks/solarisskunkwerks/releases/tag/0.7.3.20191126

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #57 on: 01 December 2019, 12:02:54 »
cool!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #58 on: 02 January 2020, 00:41:38 »
Just a quick heads up. We're going to try to keep the website updated as well with the builds and releases and files.

https://sites.google.com/a/solarisskunkwerks.com/site/

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #59 on: 02 January 2020, 06:22:10 »
Awesome, thanks!  :thumbsup:

Register