Author Topic: Who were your favorite/sane Bannson's Raiders  (Read 793 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Who were your favorite/sane Bannson's Raiders
« on: 12 December 2022, 11:26:44 »
 . . . that were not Republic Ghost Knights from One-Eyed Jack's command?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Grizzly

• Master Sergeant
  • Average Liao Enjoyer
Re: Who were your favorite/sane Bannson's Raiders
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2022, 11:34:32 »
Not to derail but where would I read more about them? I came into the game in the FanPro days and purposefully ignored the Clix storyline until recently...

"I checked the [MUL] log, and it says that you--specifically--broke it." -Greekfire

Check out my tribute to the CCAF at www.instagram.com/average_liao_enjoyer/

MWO handle: Grizlie
Mercenaries Kickstarter backer #268

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2022, 11:43:02 »
Other than the actual Clix material, best source for you would be Era Digest: Dark Age.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2022, 11:50:33 »
I think much of the appeal was the lack of sanity.  This was a faction that literally had an insane clown posse (Wyld's Jokers) on their TO&E.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2022, 11:52:19 by Mendrugo »
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2022, 12:18:12 »
Not all of them were nutters though . . .

Since they started off as a corporate security force, they had to have SOME presentable members even if they would not be retained by a regular military during a time of peace.  Question is where did the corp security go in the 3 formations?

Scourge (Rgt)-  Regiment of professionally trained, extremely competitive due to salvage rules, at least 1 CO change happened indicated the former was either captured or dead . . . or as a true merc took her Catapult (LBX & LRMs) elsewhere.

Band of Five (BN)-  The depraved, a bunch of thugs given bigger guns- Pyro is the one I remember here

Wyld's Jokers (BN)- heavily infiltrated by Ghost Knights led by Farrell in fiction . . . sounded like a third (One Eye's company?) were Ghost Knight operatives so all their insane backstory was fiction.  Bannson's bodyguards were sometimes drawn from this group- like Dagger Di IIRC.

Not to derail but where would I read more about them? I came into the game in the FanPro days and purposefully ignored the Clix storyline until recently...

The best other place, and really more info about the Raiders themselves IMO, is the dossiers that were with the named pieces and CBT provides free at PDF-
https://bg.battletech.com/download/MWDA_Uniques.pdf

Unfortunately, you have to scroll through to find the Raiders.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2022, 12:24:09 by Colt Ward »
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Grizzly

• Master Sergeant
  • Average Liao Enjoyer
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2022, 12:57:54 »
Thanks for the reading list, fellow citizens!

"I checked the [MUL] log, and it says that you--specifically--broke it." -Greekfire

Check out my tribute to the CCAF at www.instagram.com/average_liao_enjoyer/

MWO handle: Grizlie
Mercenaries Kickstarter backer #268