Author Topic: (Answered) LAM Bomb Bay problem  (Read 223 times)

RifleMech

• Major
(Answered) LAM Bomb Bay problem
« on: 09 April 2024, 21:32:30 »
I believe I found a problem in the rules for LAM Bomb Bays. I looked for errata but I didn't see one. Since it has been mentioned in the forums I thought I'd ask about it. 

The issue involves the rules on page 108 that I put in bold below and the list of bombs on the bomb bay table on page 105.

Bomb Bays
LAMs may mount up to 20 bomb bays, each of which weighs 1 ton and occupies 1 critical space in the unit’s left or right torso. Each bomb bay accommodates a single-slot bomb, and has no effect on the unit’s movement.
The bombs (and other external ordnance items) that may be carried in LAM bomb bays are as shown in the LAM Bomb Bay Ordnance Table (see p. 105).

Going by a single slot bomb, the following bombs on the LAM Bomb Bay Ordnance Table are not legal as they take up multiple slots.

Air-to-Air Arrow take 5 bomb slots.
Anti-Ship Missile take 6 bomb slots.
Anti-ship EW Missile take 6 bomb slots.
Arrow IV Missile take 5 bomb slots.
Light Air-to-Air Missile take 2 bomb slots.

Shouldn't the part above in bold be changed to allow Bomb Bays to be stacked, similar to Communications Equipment? Basically, the more bomb bays that are mounted continuously the bigger the bomb that can be carried. That would make the above bombs legal. Otherwise the Wasp LAM can't carry ARROW IVs as they can't fit into a single-slot bomb bay.
« Last Edit: 14 April 2024, 20:57:48 by Hammer »

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: LAM Bomb Bay problem
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2024, 09:04:09 »
We will be issuing some clarifying errata:

"Bomb bays that exist within the same location can be combined for purposes of permitting munitions that require multiple bomb bay slots."
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

RifleMech

• Major
Re: LAM Bomb Bay problem
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2024, 19:00:19 »
Problem fixed. Thank you. :)

Register