Author Topic: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder  (Read 220853 times)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Re: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder
« Reply #1080 on: 27 August 2015, 21:06:31 »
Would the Homeworld Clans even know?

Also I think they might not be too affronted. Certainly the Aggressor types would use it as an excuse to demand a new invasion, but other Warriors could just as easily shrug it off as an Abjured and Tainted Clan putting on silly airs.

Well, if that's still the political situation. Honestly, I doubt it, given that the Homeworld Clans were planning on invading decades ago...

Your ideas intrigue me.  Do you perhaps have a periodical I could subscribe to, a newsletter perhaps?

I have one, but it's more of a frenzied screed.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1081 on: 28 August 2015, 01:59:18 »
It might be that the Homeclans are not interested in the IS anymore. Maybe they decided to build up their own Star League without any tainted IS influence?

(I still dream of something of an Outer Sphere, far smaller than the IS, but nevertheless a counterpart the IS has to reckon with difficulties)
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1082 on: 28 August 2015, 08:08:28 »
I like the idea of the Bastions reigning supreme and building up a whole new empire of sorts.  If you swallow, annex, conquer, or merge with the Hansa and Imperio you suddenly have an conglomerate or whatever best describes it that is large enough to really create problems for an IS faction.

Is it possible that next we see the homies it will not be them invading but rather an ambitious IS clan Ilkhan trying to take back the Homeworlds and running into something more than he or she bargained for?   Nothing would set off the homies more than one of the IS clans trying to invade.

I like the idea of Clan Cloud Adder storming through the sphere and burning Terra to the ground more, but I think it's highly unlikely.

To the patient go the spoils

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1083 on: 28 August 2015, 09:16:07 »
I like the idea of Clan Cloud Adder storming through the sphere and burning Terra to the ground more, but I think it's highly unlikely.

If the home clans ever return to the IS, that's exactly what I see their goal being.  Burn Terra to save Terra from the barbarians squatting upon it. 

Flieger

• Warrant Officer
    • DoktorWhisky.de
« Reply #1084 on: 28 August 2015, 09:58:50 »
A simple second clan invasion of the IS would be boring, imho. Not to mention that a power that is capable of smashing through the Falcons, Bears, Dracs and Wolves - i.e. some of the most powerful IS militaries - would probably inspire yet another IS alliance against it.
I would like the opposite better: Bastion clans invaded by a brutal IS force. The invasion fails horribly, and justifies a counterstrike which does not unite the IS because only the invaders (and some nearby) are attacked.

However, overall I prefer a disconnect for a while. Let them have some sporadic contacts at max. The clan worlds should not be worth invading (not with that level of resistance to be expected), and the IS should be too strong to invade.

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #1085 on: 28 August 2015, 19:12:30 »
Your ideas intrigue me.  Do you perhaps have a periodical I could subscribe to...

Just my slightly unhinged ramblings on this forum.  Usually designed to stir Cold1, with the occasional poke of the Ghostbear when off my medication.

... a newsletter perhaps?

Interesting... ^-^

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1086 on: 28 August 2015, 19:30:22 »
Just my slightly unhinged ramblings on this forum.  Usually designed to stir Cold1, with the occasional poke of the Ghostbear when off my medication.

Interesting... ^-^

I'm in.  For the newsletter, not the poking.  Which you will do anyway.

Also I see by your new avatar that you finally switched allegiance to a homeworld clan.  And you now have a hilarious avatar!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1087 on: 28 August 2015, 22:28:41 »
Also I see by your new avatar that you finally switched allegiance to a homeworld clan.  And you now have a hilarious avatar!

It borrowed my eye drops, and I'm afraid to ask for them back. 

The Home Clans have that appeal as the boogieman we all want to see shake up the Spheroid ant farm... At some random time, when we least expect it, and not this year probably most definitely maybe never going to happen but could.  We don't know.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #1088 on: 29 August 2015, 11:23:01 »
It borrowed my eye drops, and I'm afraid to ask for them back. 

The Home Clans have that appeal as the boogieman we all want to see shake up the Spheroid ant farm... At some random time, when we least expect it, and not this year probably most definitely maybe never going to happen but could.  We don't know.

I want to see the Cobras go on a Religious Crusade, dammit.  With LOTS of flying things!

Clan Cloud Cobra:  "GUESS WHAT!  WE BROUGHT BACK THE LAM!"
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1089 on: 30 August 2015, 00:16:37 »
I want to see the Cobras go on a Religious Crusade, dammit.  With LOTS of flying things!

Clan Cloud Cobra:  "GUESS WHAT!  WE BROUGHT BACK THE LAM!"

Far superior to flying monkeys, I can tell you from experience. 

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #1090 on: 30 August 2015, 04:57:00 »
Bah, improved WiGE Omni Protomechs are the future!
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #1091 on: 30 August 2015, 08:43:59 »
Bah, improved WiGE Omni Protomechs are the future!

This is wandering from the topic of Adders, but I've mentioned before that, even though I'm not a huge fan of Protos as a concept, the Cobras are one of the few Clans I'm okay with having them.  The combination of what had been a strong Scientist Caste, their weak ground forces, and their abundance of aero phenotypes, it makes sense to me that they would go for Protos.  And FLYING protos would be even more hilarious for them.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #1092 on: 30 August 2015, 12:21:24 »
WiGe are rather glider than true flying units.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #1093 on: 30 August 2015, 13:44:03 »
WiGe are rather glider than true flying units.

I'm a biochemist/cook, not an aeronautical engineer.   O0

But yeah, airborne (whether gliding or flying) Protos, something I'm totally okay with for the Cobras.

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1094 on: 30 August 2015, 13:52:46 »
Star Cobra huh.....

Cobraaa!!!!!

Sorry could not resist.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1095 on: 30 August 2015, 19:31:35 »
Star Cobra huh.....

Cobraaa!!!!!

Sorry could not resist.

You missed the bus dude
It's Clan Cloud Adder

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #1096 on: 31 August 2015, 03:17:12 »
You missed the bus dude
It's Clan Cloud Adder
Star Lion is the future  ;)

--------------------------------

Special designed underwater or space Protomechs would be appreciated too.

If the IS decides to attack the Homeclans the Homeclans might have a big problem.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1097 on: 31 August 2015, 07:05:21 »
It all depends on who tries it and how.  My guess is the devs (or rather the dev who called dibs on them) has something planned for the Homeworlds eventually.  Where it ends up as a product release is certainly any ones guess at this point.

Attacking the Homeworlds would not be easy even for a much larger force.  The homies hate everything spheroid and are willing to throw everything they have at outsiders.  You better bring 4-5 times the forces they have and be prepared to go home with a lot less.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #1098 on: 31 August 2015, 08:18:21 »
IMHO they can bring 10-20 times the forces the Homeclans can field and they can return if defeated. If the Homeclans are defeated this would be a genocide and result in their utter destruction.

Marlin

• Sergeant
« Reply #1099 on: 17 September 2015, 05:38:12 »
Your long lost comrade is reporting back. Did I miss much? Except the big split of HW and IS? :)
Get to know the ultimate combined arms experience for the Battletech universe! See link below.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,105.0.html

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #1100 on: 17 September 2015, 07:02:46 »
We have been doing here a Happy Guessing Game  ;)

Marlin

• Sergeant
« Reply #1101 on: 17 September 2015, 07:09:41 »
Ja, I saw. As long as you are happy, there is nothing wrong with that. :)
Get to know the ultimate combined arms experience for the Battletech universe! See link below.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,105.0.html

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1102 on: 17 September 2015, 07:59:23 »
Star Lion is the future  ;)

...Just like Fletch's avatar.  The dark glasses, the smoke/errr "fog" - we thought it was just stoned!  Of course that's a Star Lion if I ever saw one.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #1103 on: 17 September 2015, 11:53:23 »
Agreed, nobody does see more stars than a stoned Star Lion  ;)

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1104 on: 17 September 2015, 19:59:22 »
Welcome back Marlin.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #1105 on: 19 September 2015, 11:58:05 »
What do you think will we Adders get in the upcoming mini-TRO Golden Century?

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1106 on: 19 September 2015, 14:52:53 »

Probably will not be much, we are not the popular kiddie clans with 10k plus fans.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #1107 on: 19 September 2015, 15:37:57 »
Probably will not be much, we are not the popular kiddie clans with 10k plus fans.

While the Adders are not one of the Clans I go for, I can certainly understand them having fans, and I feel they deserve things, being the "prepared, think this through" Clan.

I mean, I'm hoping the Vipers get something, but the Adders deserve a prize JUST as much as the Vipers, if not moreso.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1108 on: 19 September 2015, 16:04:49 »
It would be cool if the Adders get more Mongoose Absorption coverage from their point of view: As observers who felt slighted enough by the 'geese to ignore the Grand Council and the trial, and take back their former possessions while the Jaguar was thrashing the little mammal.

As well as some Viper stuff.

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #1109 on: 19 September 2015, 16:33:23 »

MS Project 2945

Register