Author Topic: Omnimech customization problem in MekHQ  (Read 1753 times)

Vardun Armister

• Recruit
Omnimech customization problem in MekHQ
« on: 25 January 2020, 00:07:28 »
I'm still running 43.0 (I know, I'm old...).  In my AtB campaign it is now the appropriate year to build Omni's so I built a few IS Omni's.  I earned some clan equipment in the warehouse with Omnipods, but when I go to customize it in the Mek Lab, nothing with Omnipods comes up.  So I tried without it, creating meks that could not be repaired.  How can I get the weapons list to show omnipodded equipment?

Thanks!
'The difference between the cowardly and the brave?  The brave just feel the fear a little longer'

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: Omnimech customization problem in MekHQ
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2020, 11:11:52 »
To be candid your using a release that is 2 years old. The issues your describing have likely been fixed in the current versions.

There have been nearly 600 features, bug fixes, and changes since that release.

Upgrading will present a challenge as well.  You'll need to upgrade to .44--->.46.1 to stay in the stable branches.  You'll need backups at each level of the upgrade.  Depending on the units you have you might need to delete units and re-add them.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2020, 14:25:37 »
Assuming it's possible in that version, you'll need to change the unit to "mixed tech" to mount Clan pods on an IS omni.  I have to do that on the latest version as well.

And the upgrade really is worth it.   :thumbsup:
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Vardun Armister

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2020, 19:38:03 »
I'll be upgrading with the hope the fix is in the updates, although the trouble I am having is interesting.  If I simply upgrade the IS Pods with Clan Pods of the same weapon, making the omni and IS Mixed mek, as has been suggested, it works without issue.  The issue occurs when I decide to also reconfigure the weapons load.  At that point the issue is where the changes get made, but the C-bill value drops a lot, and although the mek is usable once, it cannot be repaired, only salvaged.  I was planning on restarting my AtB campaign anyway, so if I lose the files, I'm not overly concerned.   I'll let you know if it works....
'The difference between the cowardly and the brave?  The brave just feel the fear a little longer'

Vardun Armister

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2020, 19:45:54 »
My apologies.  I'm actually running 45.1, but still needs updating.

Vardun Armister

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2020, 18:52:32 »
Upgraded to 47.0, but now I have a different issue.  I tried a new custom mek in MekLab, and now it is not showing up in MekHQ.  Apparently, I have forgotten how to get these two to talk to each other.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2020, 19:21:49 »
You need to delete the unit.cache file.  Also I would move to 47.2 both 47.0, and 47.1 had some big issues.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #7 on: 23 December 2022, 21:34:38 »
You need to delete the unit.cache file.  Also I would move to 47.2 both 47.0, and 47.1 had some big issues.

Just a note (using 0.48.0):

When you create new custom units, take the time to do this. Like Hammer suggests, delete the unit.cache file. preferably doing that on all three programs (HQ, Lab and MM). When you rerun any of the three, it will recreate the unit.cache file, to include new customs you made previously. Each program will do the same thing (recreate a current unit.cache file) as you run them.

I normally do that, copy/paste the customs across all three major files, in order to keep things accurate (wish list: a common file for customs that all three major programs use, instead of three instances of the same info)?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 24 December 2022, 02:05:38 »
If you're running MekHQ there shouldn't be a need for the other two to be stand-alone on top of it.  Unless you're only using a different version for online play, although at that point you may as well be running the MekHQ version of that as well.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #9 on: 24 December 2022, 11:19:07 »
Its important if you forget what program you used to create customs (that is, if you forget when using lab to place the customs in HQ, for example)

Necro's because i was thinking this subject askew anyway...)
« Last Edit: 24 December 2022, 21:29:29 by ThePW »
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #10 on: 24 December 2022, 13:06:35 »
You realize you necro’d a thread for user who hasn’t been active in years.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Register