Author Topic: Vulcan and Rondel - Greenock vs Geenock  (Read 1237 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Vulcan and Rondel - Greenock vs Geenock
« on: 12 January 2023, 22:57:24 »
Retry at an old topic - https://bg.battletech.com/forums/ask-the-writers/vulcan-aerospace-fighter-greenockgeenock/msg1298954/#msg1298954

Technical Readout: 3075 (2008) p. 302 mentions the Vulcan Aerospace Fighter being brought back into production as the -8N variant at the Greenock Flight Academy on Firgrove.

Objectives: Federated Suns (2011) makes mention of Geenock Flight Academy as both an industrial site (p.4) and as a flight academy (p. 26), and states on page 26 that Geenock Academy retooled its maintenance facility to produce Vulcan aerospace fighters during the Jihad.

Technical Readout 3145: Federated Suns also introduced the Rondel aerospace fighter, produced by "Greenock Aero Manufacturing Ltd." on Firgrove.

is it meant to be Greenock Flight Academy or Geenock Flight Academy?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: Vulcan and Rondel - Greenock vs Geenock
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2023, 12:57:53 »
Rule of thumb in such situations is that the most recent version is the correct one.  So TRO:3145 has the edge in this case, making Objectives:FS the odd man out and reinforcing Greenock as the correct name.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Re: Vulcan and Rondel - Greenock vs Geenock
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2023, 09:00:37 »
Assumed as much but thought to ask, thank you for replying!