Author Topic: "Legacy"  (Read 14841 times)

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: "Legacy"
« Reply #30 on: 04 May 2024, 22:57:34 »
Sorry for reanimating this one, but I’m just getting around to reading Legacy.  Haven’t actually finished yet, but have mostly enjoyed the stories.  I wanted to say specifically that The Third Pillar is a really great story.  I was reading it on my break at work and had a hard time putting it down to go back to work.  The last time I had that experience with BT was Schmetzer’s Embers of War.  Thanks all, but especially Jason Hansa for that one.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 05 May 2024, 21:35:01 »
Just finished it. Really fun concept.  I wouldn’t mind seeing something similar pop up over time in Shrapnel, following some other mech’s career.  trboturtle, even though it was a fraction of one story, I was glad to see Little Rock appear.  First time my home state (and the city I work in) have ever appeared in a BT story.  If you (or anyone else reading this) ever sets anything else in Arkansas again, PM me, I can provide local knowledge of geography etc (not that I expect the city to look the same in a thousand years, of course).
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 09 May 2024, 22:03:06 »
Thanks! I really worked hard on Third Pillar, and I appreciate the kind words!

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
« Reply #33 on: 15 May 2024, 19:18:04 »
I really liked this, especially the chance to see Devlin Stone in action on Terra.
Clan Protectorate

Register