Author Topic: rule 10 clairifacation  (Read 1677 times)

phatman

• Recruit
rule 10 clairifacation
« on: 24 May 2020, 22:30:25 »
Hail and well met.
 i have been a player of battletech since 1991. as such i consider my self a well seasoned player and as a legal aid, a rules lawyer from hell!!
that being said, will some one please clarify rule 10. as worded it seams "vague" at best. the legal principle of "ambiguity", benefits the person/persons who did not draw up said rule/contract. other than that i found the rules to be well done and of course i comply.

Best regards
                                          Phatman.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: rule 10 clairifacation
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2020, 22:52:25 »
Do not expect to see public warnings to individuals for rules violations.  That's it.  Not a rule so much as setting expectations.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

phatman

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2020, 23:32:34 »
Do not expect to see public warnings to individuals for rules violations.  That's it.  Not a rule so much as setting expectations.

I see. are the forums run by Catalyst or are they community run?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2020, 01:03:19 »
The forums belong to Catalyst Game Labs. They pay for the upkeep.

CGL has appointed the forum team - moderators, admins, etc - and given them authority to manage the forums to Catalyst's expectations.

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

phatman

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2020, 10:46:30 »
fair enough.