Author Topic: What if?... The Star Adders had convinced the Clans to invade with all 18 clans?  (Read 4957 times)

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist

More Clans would mean a wider front -> which means that more House troops would be destroyed in the first waves
And if the front is wide enough to reach the FWL & FS then they can't send help to the other front-lines.

The end is likely a series of exoduses by various houses. 
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
There was likely some contact between Comstar and the Clans in the 2950's. Primus Sims had "visions" of "metalic vipers," and "emerald birds of death"(Comstar pg 44-46) and used that to push for the Explorer Corp. That book came out in 1992, well past the Stackpole and his Phantom Mech business, so I doubt that FASA was seriously telling us that precognition is a thing in BT.

The Explorer Corps sourcebook also mentions the 'six-legged bear' and the 'demon horses' - two rather interesting tidbits. A bear in itself means nothing, but who would just randomly imagine a six-legged bear? As to the 'demon horses', that was a nice hint from TPTB about the Hell's Horses eventual arrival on the Spheroid stage.

I always took that to be the "Wolverines" who endup in Comstar hands leaking info to protect the Inner Sphere from their crazy that was NK

And achieving the exact opposite. Or else deliberately setting events in motion that would hopefully see NK's grand experiment destroyed one way or the other. Given the state of the 2950 - 3025 House armies, the master plan would seem to be getting both sides to grind each other down before stepping in with the Com Guards and enslaving all humanity to Blake's Word. Though given the Wars of Reaving-esque devastation that truly enraged Clans can unleash, I suspect the Blakists would be in for an unpleasant shock.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

dgorsman

• Captain
How much of those "dreams" is back written into ComStars history after the fact, just to make them look better?  Similar to what was alluded to in the 2nd SW book?

Also, would Romano still think this was some Davion trick?  And would anyone dare contradict her?
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

DOC_Agren

• Major
And achieving the exact opposite. Or else deliberately setting events in motion that would hopefully see NK's grand experiment destroyed one way or the other. Given the state of the 2950 - 3025 House armies, the master plan would seem to be getting both sides to grind each other down before stepping in with the Com Guards and enslaving all humanity to Blake's Word. Though given the Wars of Reaving-esque devastation that truly enraged Clans can unleash, I suspect the Blakists would be in for an unpleasant shock.
Well remember Comstar military was still kinda Amateur affair using Star League Tech and Units, they might not have fully understood what intel they had.  Especially if they were reading ROM interviews, and well how many warriors were debreifed vrs lower caste
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Kidd

• Major
The Explorer Corps sourcebook also mentions the 'six-legged bear' and the 'demon horses' - two rather interesting tidbits. A bear in itself means nothing, but who would just randomly imagine a six-legged bear?

"Quick, time's short on the new sourcebook, ideas for extraterrestrial animals. Okay how about a 6 legged horse and a demon bear?"

"Dude, that's Sleipnir from Viking mythology and the Demon Bear from X-Men"

"Oh alright, damn you, a 6 legged BEAR and a demon HORSE, okay?!"

BTW they dropped the idea I guess for the ghost bear, but the logo still has 6 paws. And visions of varying plausibility are still a big part of BT to this day.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2019, 02:50:57 by Kidd »