Author Topic: Clan SRM boat question  (Read 6578 times)

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
Clan SRM boat question
« on: 20 March 2019, 19:54:12 »
**Finished!!**

Hello dirty Clanners!!  ;D
I'm making an enemy Clan unit for a campaign for my players to face off against and I want my enemy leader to drive a mech that spams SRMs like a Roman candle.
I am very much not an expert on clan designs and there SO MANY variants...
The setting is 3080 approximately and which Clan doesn't  matter, these Clanners are a group of hardliners from different Clans who feel the Clans have become  too weak and soft so they have banned together to form a Clan terrorist organization of sorts.
I need a mech variant Medium or Heavy, any Clan, pre-3080, that is the strongest SRM boat in their arsenal. Any guidance on the right machine would be very much appreciated!!

*Updated storyline: June 12th, 3081, Clan extremists known as "the Blood Pact" launch attacks on civilian targets on 3 worlds along the borders of the newly formed Republuc of the Sphere in response to the Clan support for the formation of the Republic. The goal is creating enough public outrage to force the IS governments to renew offensive vs the invader Clans, hoping to spoil the decades long detente and "peace" between cultures. Unknown to the players, another section of the Blood Pact are attacking Clan targets in Jade Falcon territory using stolen Lyran equipment and targeting sibkos and warrior housing and training facilities. With the hope of causing enough anger among the Warrior caste of that notoriously hit tempered Clan to force the Clan leadership into retaliation strikes against the Lyrans.
  **Okay, I looked up all the suggestions given here and then did some Sarna research over the weekend and I have the final list for the Clan half of the Blood Pact extremists!! I have an IS Lyran company to choose for the other half of the groups nefarious plot, but those mechs I'm more than familiar  with!! That selection will be easy!
   I want to say thanks very very much for all the help! A few of the more awesome selections you guys provided were mechs I didn't even know existed!!  8)

**Final choices**
So my 4 heavies will be
  Crossbow B (custom)
  Timber Wolf D
  Mad Dog A
  Flamberge Prime

4 Mediums are:
  Stormcrow A
  Grendal A
  Nova A
  Shadow Cat Prime

2 Lights are:
  Fire Falcon C
  Mist Lynx Prime
« Last Edit: 25 March 2019, 11:10:31 by Major Headcase »

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: Clan SRM boat question
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2019, 21:00:25 »
For a medium, go Arctic Wolf, its OmniMech version, or the Arctic Wolf II (although that last one edges to your 3080 limit)...

For a heavy OmniMech, could go Crossbow config B...

Ruger
« Last Edit: 20 March 2019, 21:03:50 by Ruger »
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Ryumyo

• Warrant Officer
  • Out site seeing...
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2019, 21:15:59 »
I'd agree with Ruger on the SRMs. But, Bane 3 for LRMs is evil. They can hit at SRM ranges... 😈.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2019, 21:32:44 »
I'd agree with Ruger on the SRMs. But, Bane 3 for LRMs is evil. They can hit at SRM ranges... 😈.

But for story purposes an SRM boat is what I need. They are a unit of strike raiders who focus on urban and civilian targets, fighting up close and bloody. Other mechs in the unit will focus on long range support, but the bossman is the in your face type. They favor missiles because massed salvos of explosives maximizes collateral damage.

The Arctic Wolf looks cool but at 40 tons maybe too light to be impressive, also its "tainted" reputation with Homeworld Clans i think would make it an undesirable choice for Clan hyper-fanatics.

The Crossbow Omni variant with 4xSSRM6s looks great though! Big enough to be impressive and a pure blood Clan design. It also reminds me of a Clan Crusader (one of my favorite original designs). I think the Crossbow is #1 on my list so far!! Thanks Ruger!!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2019, 21:57:46 »
My personal favorite SRM boat is the Timber Wolf D. 4 streak SRM 6 launchers supported by 2 ERPPC's.  It will give them nightmares. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2019, 22:17:54 »
My personal favorite SRM boat is the Timber Wolf D. 4 streak SRM 6 launchers supported by 2 ERPPC's.  It will give them nightmares.

I do like the Timber Wolf....

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #6 on: 20 March 2019, 22:29:04 »
I do like the Timber Wolf....

Iconic 'Mech.  Check it out for yourself and see if it fits the bill.

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 20 March 2019, 22:43:44 »
Iconic 'Mech.  Check it out for yourself and see if it fits the bill.

Okay, I think I'll use both the Crossbow B and the Timber Wolf D in the Binary, but the leader will ride the Crossbow (I just like that machine more for some reason) I'm going to modify it slightly with Endo Steel and Ferro Fibrous (odd that an Omnimech would use Standard structure and armor...) so I can give it Jump Jets. My main villain needs to be able to jump in shooting clouds of missiles on screaming jets of plasma!! 😁

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #8 on: 20 March 2019, 22:56:42 »
Sounds like a blast.  Update us all on how the action goes.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 20 March 2019, 23:22:42 »
Sounds like a blast.  Update us all on how the action goes.

I will! I'm running a tactical/RPG hybrid campaign that uses Total Warfare skirmish fights and Alpha Strike large battles with rpg cutscenes in between.
A group of black-ops mercs hired in secret to fight alongside a covert multi-Clan taskforce ( mostly Freebirths for "honour" reasons...)  to hunt down these terrorists before they can trigger another all-out war between the Clans and the IS.
My 3 players have made their Lance's and and faced a periphery pirate band they thought were their targets... but the terrorists, the "Blood Pact" know that someone is hunting them now and have a surprise planned for them...  >:D

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2019, 00:04:16 »
Hello dirty Clanners!!  ;D
I'm making an enemy Clan unit for a campaign for my players to face off against and I want my enemy leader to drive a mech that spams SRMs like a Roman candle.
I am very much not an expert on clan designs and there SO MANY variants...
The setting is 3080 approximately and which Clan doesn't  matter, these Clanners are a group of hardliners from different Clans who feel the Clans have become  too weak and soft so they have banned together to form a Clan terrorist organization of sorts.
I need a mech variant Medium or Heavy, any Clan, pre-3080, that is the strongest SRM boat in their arsenal. Any guidance on the right machine would be very much appreciated!!

Not the strongest SRM boat in the Clan hangar by 3080, but the Mad Dog A sports six SRM6s, with an ER PPC and LB 5-X along for the ride.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2019, 01:05:37 »
Not the strongest SRM boat in the Clan hangar by 3080, but the Mad Dog A sports six SRM6s, with an ER PPC and LB 5-X along for the ride.

That's a good one too.  It would be better if they were streaks, but that's ok, volume makes up for it.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 21 March 2019, 01:14:24 »
Cool! I'll add the Mad Dog to the list! I'll eventually need 4 heavy, 4 medium, and 2 light mechs. I think I'll do 6 SRM focused designs and 4 LRM designs. Missiles missiles everywhere!!!  :D
I'm using  a mechanic from the PC Btech game: in missions with civilian target objectives, the Clanner terrorists will ignore the players mechs and fire on the buildings until they take damage from a players attack and then they will focus on the mechs.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #13 on: 21 March 2019, 01:42:27 »
Sounds like an easy way to give your players one small but crucial advantage.   

And all of these choices we mentioned have LRM configs too, so that makes it even easier on you.  Swarm those players in missles. 

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #14 on: 21 March 2019, 01:58:05 »
Mad Dog III C but the intro date is a little late.

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 21 March 2019, 08:40:39 »
Okay, I think I'll use both the Crossbow B and the Timber Wolf D in the Binary, but the leader will ride the Crossbow (I just like that machine more for some reason) I'm going to modify it slightly with Endo Steel and Ferro Fibrous (odd that an Omnimech would use Standard structure and armor...) so I can give it Jump Jets. My main villain needs to be able to jump in shooting clouds of missiles on screaming jets of plasma!! 😁
Timber Wolf sounds like a good fit.  It doesn't have quite the spam as the Mad Dog A or Arctic Wolf.   But it does have quad SRM 6s, 5 jump jets, and 230 points of armor.  If you want to give your boss a custom ride, loose the SRM 6s and machine guns.  Down grade one of the mplas to ER meduim and drop in 5x SSRM 4s w/ 2 tons of ammo.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #16 on: 21 March 2019, 10:27:13 »

Be aware two of those are rear-mounted SRMs.

The Summoner G and Q both mount six SRM-4s while the Flamberge A has quad SRM-6s.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 21 March 2019, 10:36:25 »
If you need somthing light,  there's the Commando IIC.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #18 on: 21 March 2019, 12:25:39 »

Yeah, the Linebacker D loses the ERPPC but puts those 2 SSRM6 forward . . . and its faster, so easier to 'get in your face.'
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 21 March 2019, 14:56:28 »

The Summoner G and Q both mount six SRM-4s while the Flamberge A has quad SRM-6s.

Rear mounted racks might work for terrorists though. Stomping through the downtown district, shooting missiles in all directions sounds like just their kind of party!! I'll look up the Flamberge though, never heard of that one??

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #20 on: 21 March 2019, 19:01:33 »

I figured it would still be of use for the kind of campaign in question.  And if not, maybe he can face them forward since it is an omnimech.   

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 21 March 2019, 23:44:04 »
Oooo I really like the Flamberge Prime!! Very flavorful! And a Falcon mech too, and they are already crazy anyway!! Perfect obsessed zealot mech!
So my 4 heavies will be
  Crossbow B (custom)
  Timber Wolf D
  Mad Dog A
  Flamberge Prime

Mediums now.
Okay looking up the original  Omnimechs I'm most familiar with, I like the Stormcrow A with its mix of SRMs and LRMs. So that's the first medium.
« Last Edit: 22 March 2019, 00:07:16 by Major Headcase »

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #22 on: 22 March 2019, 01:03:13 »
Instead of customizing the Crossbow, I would look into the Summoner-G that was mentioned.

It behaves like a Jumping-TimberWolf-D almost.

I'd go Summoner-G,  Crossbow-B,  MadDog-A  for a Trio of SRM Boats.

Then I'd go with LRMs for the 4th Heavy.   Maybe toss in a PhoenixHawk-IIC-2 which is technically 80 ton assault but moving 5-8-5 feels much more like a Heavy to me.

For Mediums,  I'd add a Grendel-A to that Stormcrow for the ultimate in high mobility harassment.

Griffin-IIC-1 will pair up with the Grendel well with LRMs & ERLL.

Finally an Arctic Wolf as mentioned is the epitome of SRM Spam in a Medium mech.

For lights,  its hard to say no to the Commando-IIC & Fire Falcon-C for speedy SRM harrassment.

Those are my suggestions.

Binary Macros Spam

Omni-Command Star
CO - Summoner-G
Crossbow-B
MadDog-A
StormCrow-A
Grendel-A

Mixed-Striker Star
XO - PhoenixHawk-IIC2
Griffin-IIC
Arctic Wolf (Several Models to choose from)
FireFalcon-C
Commando-IIC
« Last Edit: 22 March 2019, 01:04:53 by Hellraiser »
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #23 on: 22 March 2019, 01:24:32 »
Oooo I really like the Flamberge Prime!! Very flavorful! And a Falcon mech too, and they are already crazy anyway!! Perfect obsessed zealot mech!
So my 4 heavies will be
  Crossbow B (custom)
  Timber Wolf D
  Mad Dog A
  Flamberge Prime

Mediums now.
Okay looking up the original  Omnimechs I'm most familiar with, I like the Stormcrow A with its mix of SRMs and LRMs. So that's the first medium.

I  was just going to suggest the Stormcrow.  What a great omni.

You may want to customize a few mediums.  Like the Nova or Ice Ferret

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 22 March 2019, 01:38:24 »
Instead of customizing the Crossbow, I would look into the Summoner-G that was mentioned.

It behaves like a Jumping-TimberWolf-D almost.

I'd go Summoner-G,  Crossbow-B,  MadDog-A  for a Trio of SRM Boats.

Then I'd go with LRMs for the 4th Heavy.   Maybe toss in a PhoenixHawk-IIC-2 which is technically 80 ton assault but moving 5-8-5 feels much more like a Heavy to me.

For Mediums,  I'd add a Grendel-A to that Stormcrow for the ultimate in high mobility harassment.

Griffin-IIC-1 will pair up with the Grendel well with LRMs & ERLL.

Finally an Arctic Wolf as mentioned is the epitome of SRM Spam in a Medium mech.

For lights,  its hard to say no to the Commando-IIC & Fire Falcon-C for speedy SRM harrassment.

Those are my suggestions.

Binary Macros Spam

Omni-Command Star
CO - Summoner-G
Crossbow-B
MadDog-A
StormCrow-A
Grendel-A

Mixed-Striker Star
XO - PhoenixHawk-IIC2
Griffin-IIC
Arctic Wolf (Several Models to choose from)
FireFalcon-C
Commando-IIC

I like the Crossbow for my boss (totally personal preference  for looks  :) )and since he's the villain having a bit of customization is fine. It will be the only non-stock upgrade the unit will have.
Also, only Omnimechs are appropriate seeing as these guys are super arrogant Trueborn patriots!! No filthy second line Solahma mech trash allowed!!  ;D
Also also, as I said above, no Arctic Wolf because many TRUE Clanners consider it tainted by IS design elements. But I'll check out the medium and light Omnimechs you listed.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 22 March 2019, 01:44:51 »
The Fire Falcon C is a great suggestion!! "Anti-Infantry mech" easily translates to "Anti-Screaming Crowds of Civilians mech"!!!! Perfect!! And I even like the look of it!  >:D :thumbsup:

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #26 on: 22 March 2019, 16:46:42 »
For a group like that, running around in an Arctic Wolf would be a perfect fit given the Clans' tendency toward hypocrasy.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 22 March 2019, 21:02:04 »
I like the Crossbow for my boss (totally personal preference  for looks  :) )and since he's the villain having a bit of customization is fine. It will be the only non-stock upgrade the unit will have.
Also, only Omnimechs are appropriate seeing as these guys are super arrogant Trueborn patriots!! No filthy second line Solahma mech trash allowed!!  ;D

If you customize the Crossbow w/ Endo its no longer an Omni, so consider that if only "Omnis" allowed.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #28 on: 22 March 2019, 22:07:44 »
If you customize the Crossbow w/ Endo its no longer an Omni, so consider that if only "Omnis" allowed.

. . . actually . . . its changed.  OmniSmoke still exists but the tanks can only be refueled in a factory.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #29 on: 22 March 2019, 22:21:59 »
If this is supposed to be a rogue faction doing a knockoff of the Red Corsair, they probably don't have access to a factory.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: 23 March 2019, 00:49:42 »

Ah! I didn't know that! FF upgrade is still good right?

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 23 March 2019, 00:54:10 »
If this is supposed to be a rogue faction doing a knockoff of the Red Corsair, they probably don't have access to a factory.

They have backers with deep connections and resources that the players will discover (if they don't screw it up...), I've got it worked out so don't worry "canonicity" or background.  :thumbsup:

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 23 March 2019, 01:21:25 »
Ah! I didn't know that! FF upgrade is still good right?

No, I don't think so.

But Colt just said there has been some change.   

So maybe there was an update to Customization Rules?

However the rules previously have said that any change to an Omnimechs "Fixed" components/chassis/engine, etc etc,  then fixes the configuration & it isn't an Omni after that.

Basically, You could mess with pod space only.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #33 on: 23 March 2019, 07:02:10 »
No, I don't think so.

However the rules previously have said that any change to an Omnimechs "Fixed" components/chassis/engine, etc etc,  then fixes the configuration & it isn't an Omni after that.

Could still use the Crossbow though, just instead of Streak-6's, go straight SRM-6's, 5 tons of ammo and 5 JJ's...not as ammo efficient, but lets you use alternate ammo types like Inferno or fragmentation missiles, and maintain the mobility you wanted...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 23 March 2019, 09:01:32 »
Could still use the Crossbow though, just instead of Streak-6's, go straight SRM-6's, 5 tons of ammo and 5 JJ's...not as ammo efficient, but lets you use alternate ammo types like Inferno or fragmentation missiles, and maintain the mobility you wanted...

Ruger

Good suddestions! I especially  like the use of alternative ammo types! Thanks!!

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 23 March 2019, 09:04:33 »
I've been thinking  to change a Medium LRM boat into a Gauss sniper, so the raiders have cover for their retreats from the target zones. A nasty pinpoint surprise for the players... and didn't I read about a light omni with a Gauss or am I hallucinating???

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #36 on: 23 March 2019, 09:21:59 »
The Uller A is the lightest Gauss-packing Clan mech in canon.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 23 March 2019, 22:58:02 »
Though, I wouldn't waste one of your 2 "Light" slots on a Sniper.

You would want those as fast moving scouts IMHO.

I feel like the Nova-A  (Or the Alternate "Furey" configuration) would be a great option for this role, using twin ERPPCs instead of a light mech.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #38 on: 23 March 2019, 23:40:27 »
Or at the very least you don't want to use a light mech slot on something that's the same speed as some IS heavies.

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 25 March 2019, 08:05:03 »
No, I don't think so.

RifleMech found two threads in the SO Rules forum that say there are ways to change base equipment on omnis and not let the smoke out.
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=38270.0
One from 2014 that would allow changing of fixed items like probes, ECM, and weapons, but only with items of equal weight and size.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=63036.0
And the most recent, with the promise of an errata, allows changing of fixed equipment but only with a Class F refit, at a proper factory.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: 25 March 2019, 09:43:34 »
Look, he's my supervillain, my Cobra Commander, if the upgrade can be done within the mechanics legally, then he will get it... If it requires a factory then it gets done in a factory long before the players get involved. He's not just a raider, there is typically diabolical politics involved, in true Battletech fashion...
Maybe it was a factory made upgrade to test the effects of upgrading the whole line and it was "diverted" into his hands by his backers? Or any of a hundred equally convenient cliches I can use.  >:D

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #41 on: 25 March 2019, 09:55:13 »
Look, he's my supervillain, my Cobra Commander, if the upgrade can be done within the mechanics legally, then he will get it... If it requires a factory then it gets done in a factory long before the players get involved. He's not just a raider, there is typically diabolical politics involved, in true Battletech fashion...
Maybe it was a factory made upgrade to test the effects of upgrading the whole line and it was "diverted" into his hands by his backers? Or any of a hundred equally convenient cliches I can use.  >:D

Bingo. It's your game. If you want it different from how the books have it, you're more than capable of doing so. You don't have to be beholden to anything in your own game.

Ruger

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #42 on: 25 March 2019, 10:24:44 »

Or just a prototype build of the base chassis that was rejected for whatever reason and he got his hands on. Heck, give it an odd negative quirk to make it more interesting. Maybe an ejection system that isn't operational....
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #43 on: 25 March 2019, 11:18:01 »
The ejection system software came from Microsoft, so you get a popup that says "Are You Sure?" before it will actually eject.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: 25 March 2019, 11:22:04 »
The ejection system software came from Microsoft, so you get a popup that says "Are You Sure?" before it will actually eject.

Starts updating only when you push the button...  ;D

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 25 March 2019, 11:25:00 »
That was a running gag for the Gundam parody mangas, when Amuro was piloting it for the first time.  Needed a service pack, he needed the manual, had to update, etc.  Good times.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #46 on: 25 March 2019, 20:33:18 »

And since it's the future of the 80s, it's using dialup.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #47 on: 02 April 2019, 10:16:36 »
Major Headcase...  How did this scenario work out?

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: 02 April 2019, 11:14:47 »
Major Headcase...  How did this scenario work out?

We haven't played game 2 in the campaign yet, which is the chapter where the Blood Pact makes its appearance. We've done the first mission vs ordinary pirates misidentified as them so far. There is a RPG session in between battles that determines where, when, against who, and what advantages or disadvantages, the players get in the next battle.
So far the players haven't done well in the Roleplay section and the next battle will be a Blood Pact ambush! The group were tricked into thinking the terrorists are Smoke Jaguar remnants and were lured to a wild jungle world, supposedly the SJ pirate base. The players lance will get jumped by traps, mine fields, and the Blood Pact's second Star.
It will be fun.  >:D

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #49 on: 02 April 2019, 11:21:52 »
Awesome! Keep us informed on how it turns out.  The SRM's should be flying high!